Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status

+25
WhiteBoyHatcher
All Your Base
Phil McCrackin
Chief Sparty
Frank Ricard
SeeRockCity
beal99
Snake Plissken
ROtown Sparty
I.B. Fine
Hut1hut2
RogueLeader
AMwood
Jake from State Farm
Toe
Floyd Robertson
goodbar
Heat Miser
NigelUno
Rocinante
Stan Sitwell
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
tTito
InTenSity
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status Empty I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-24, 11:06

Just realized that he is a Spartiate, seems to be a pretty solid poster.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status Empty Re: I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status

Post by tTito 2014-07-24, 11:08

Second
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status Empty Re: I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-07-24, 11:09

not familiar with him.. maybe I should pay more attention.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-24, 11:30

He'd be better than that son of a bitch Guest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-24, 11:32

While we're at it we should kick out LooseGoose
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Sitwell 2014-07-24, 11:35

LooseGoose wrote:He'd be better than that son of a bitch Guest.

You bite your tongue!
Stan Sitwell
Stan Sitwell
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-24, 11:35

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 1494614055 
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:While we're at it we should kick out LooseGoose

tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-24, 11:36

HEY **** YOU ASSHOLE!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-24, 11:40

I bet we'd get a lot more votes if we tried to kick somebody out.

That might be fun.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-24, 11:42

NigelUno wrote:

I bet we'd get a lot more votes if we tried to kick somebody out.

That might be fun.

I can think of a few candidates, but the charter seems to be lacking in the details of demotion from Geronte to Spartiate. 2/3 vote after nomination & 2nd? I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 2599972566

Last edited by Heat Miser on 2014-07-24, 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-07-24, 11:43

we can't kick out Guest though. if we did, I wouldn't have a stalker anymore.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-24, 11:52

Heat Miser wrote:

I can think of a few candidates, but the charter seems to be lacking in the details of demotion from Geronte to Spartiate. 2/3 vote after nomination & 2nd? I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 2599972566
I nominate that we use a random number generator to select the person then we vote on whether to kick them out or not. Just for funsies.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-24, 11:53

goodbar wrote:

Checking the feed.... Yup, showercam is still up and running. Whew. You'll never find all of them you sexy piece of meat.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-24, 11:56

goodbar wrote:

WTF else am I supposed to do with my free time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-24, 11:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I nominate that we use a random number generator to select the person then we vote on whether to kick them out or not. Just for funsies.

I love this! Good thing we've got a built in random number generator. Except it will generate a number belonging to a Spartiate more often than not.  scratch 

Random number (1,550) : 138

Last edited by Heat Miser on 2014-07-24, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-07-24, 11:58

goodbar wrote:

Is there another Toe Question ?

Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-24, 12:05

Heat Miser wrote:

I love this! Good thing we've got a built in random number generator. Except it will generate a number belonging to a Spartiate more often than not.  scratch 

Random number (1,550) : 274
If we use the memberlist of the group instead of the all users list it should be easy enough to count off since there are 50 per page... The generator showing 138 now so Roger Waymeth is on the chopping block.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-24, 12:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Random number (1,550) : 340
If we use the memberlist of the group instead of the all users list it should be easy enough to count off since there are 50 per page... The generator showing 138 now so Roger Waymeth is on the chopping block.

Might be fun to do once a month or week. SRC & Nigel would probably need to sign off.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-24, 12:18

Heat Miser wrote:

Might be fun to do once a month or week. SRC & Nigel would probably need to sign off.

Once a week?  I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 502811600 

We have too many Geronte who are MIA. Getting enough votes would be difficult. There are some polarizing figures/turds that we could probably get enough votes for though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-24, 12:25

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Once a week?   I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 502811600 

We have too many Geronte who are MIA.  Getting enough votes would be difficult.  There are some polarizing figures/turds that we could probably get enough votes for though.  

I don't think there are any guidelines at present? 2/3 of 50%? Or we could just vote on something like hijacking their avatar for a period of time or adding another badge to their profile (troll, dunce, asshat, etc). That vote could be simple majority of voters since it's a purely cosmetic change. I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-24, 12:30

Heat Miser wrote:

I don't think there are any guidelines at present? 2/3 of 50%? Or we could just vote on something like hijacking their avatar for a period of time or adding another badge to their profile (troll, dunce, asshat, etc). That vote could be simple majority of voters since it's a purely cosmetic change. I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 2599972566

Or you could just do it unilaterally. Most people probably won't give a shit.

bounce 
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-24, 12:34

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Or you could just do it unilaterally.  Most people probably won't give a shit.  

bounce 

Well, I do reserve that right, but this seems like more fun. The "public flogging" aspect of it should be appealing to many here.

Might also be time to implement tSwill Store where folks can trade in their meaningless points to assign badges and/or avatars to others for a period of time. Could be fun. I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-24, 12:35

Heat Miser wrote:

I think the charter just outlines banning a Geronte (for good), which is the 2/3 of 50%. I don't think it addresses demoting someone (which is probably more appropriate).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-24, 12:35

I like that idea.  Although it seems Bee has gone away.... I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 4177874726

(Edit: RE: Heat Miser)
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-07-24, 12:38

I am honored by this nomination, and if elected I will... fukc it, I probably won't do anything. I might change into another pair of khakis though.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-24, 12:40

NigelUno wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I think the charter just outlines banning a Geronte (for good), which is the 2/3 of 50%.  I don't think it addresses demoting someone (which is probably more appropriate).

Right. I think it falls under your jurisdiction to propose those guidelines. Then it would be up to SRC to either immediately add them to the charter or put it to a vote (which probably wouldn't pass due to inactive Gerontes as you've pointed out). Sadly, the bureaucracy has already become a burden to progress after a mere 3 months. Now I know how Congress feels. 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-07-24, 12:40

goodbar wrote:

hey fuuuck you man! what did i ever do to you?!?! maybe you truly are a racist like in that other thread.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-07-24, 12:45

AMwood wrote:

hey fuuuck you man! what did i ever do to you?!?! maybe you truly are a racist like in that other thread.

you sound like one of those dickhead SUV driving attention whores heading "Up North".
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-07-24, 12:51

Toe wrote:

you sound like one of those dickhead SUV driving attention whores heading "Up North".  

thank you sergeant hulka.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-24, 12:57

Heat Miser wrote:

Right. I think it falls under your jurisdiction to propose those guidelines. Then it would be up to SRC to either immediately add them to the charter or put it to a vote (which probably wouldn't pass due to inactive Gerontes as you've pointed out). Sadly, the bureaucracy has already become a burden to progress after a mere 3 months. Now I know how Congress feels. 

My take is that we should be able to demote a Geronte (as opposed to banning them). We have too many Gerontes. We barely get enough votes, or we don't get enough votes to validate elections. But, are we really voting on anything important right now? Probably not. If an important issue arises (not sure what that would be), then it may become more apparent. We probably shouldn't demote anyone in the middle of the summer. If people don't post during football season (and have no real interest in belonging), then they should be demoted.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-07-24, 12:58

AMwood wrote:

at least I'm not a stoopid SUV person that's going up north.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-07-24, 13:01

goodbar wrote:

at least I'm not a stoopid SUV person that's going up north.

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 502811600 i'm guessing this is some slant on the bobby sak thing. i actually envy suv people that go up north.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-24, 13:03

AMwood wrote:

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 502811600 i'm guessing this is some slant on the bobby sak thing. i actually envy suv people that go up north.

Says the guy who loves less than an hour from some of the nicest beaches in Michigan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-07-24, 13:58

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 1469072363 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-07-24, 14:24

AMwood wrote:

thank you sergeant hulka.

ok, hotshot.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueLeader 2014-07-24, 14:50

Another fan, so cute.  Wink 
RogueLeader
RogueLeader
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-24, 15:14

RogueLeader wrote:

Another fan, so cute.  Wink 

So how badly is Michigan going to have to beat App State in order for you guys to breath a sigh of relief?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueLeader 2014-07-24, 15:22

tTito wrote:

So how badly is Michigan going to have to beat App State in order for you guys to breath a sigh of relief?

What day did you stop beating your wife?
RogueLeader
RogueLeader
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-07-24, 15:43

Shut your damn whore mouth
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-07-24, 15:47

I nominate Jake from State Farm for Geronte Status 502811600 

Seriously. it never gets old.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next