Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board

3 posters

Go down

I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board Empty I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board

Post by DWags 2021-04-27, 21:24

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/watch-here-grosse-pointe-teacher-delivers-impassioned-resignation-speech-school-board-meeting?fbclid=IwAR3Xgdc5gDZEDVxe1HkpzGlEg8sao_-fLffn8v2MsfDwVwIsbKgOoDsMIoA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board Empty Re: I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-28, 11:40

They had a bunch of people call in for a sick day. I'm very pro teacher but most teachers that I am aware of in MI (and it's probably double digits outside of my wife's school) had pretty early access to the vaccines if they were trying at all. Aren't most of these teachers vaccinated? If so why the protests?

The teachers are not held responsible for the students safety. The parents have a decision to make - it's a terrible one, true. But if a parent sends their kid to school knowing that the contact tracing distance has been reduced to 3 feet - that's on the parents, not the teacher.

The school board has a very tough job to do. They are beholden to the supernintendo and the parents, not the teachers. I guess I would like to know more about what is driving their anger. Wags do you have more insight?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/education/2021/04/28/some-teachers-grosse-pointe-school-stay-home-after-covid-change/4870538001/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board Empty Re: I didn’t know which thread to put this in but a Grosse Pt teacher just went off on the school board

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-28, 21:14

Teachers were treated like trash through the whole pandemic. Their profession deserves a lot more respect for the service they provide. Do we know the spouses of all the teachers have had access to vaccinations? If so, there could still be immune compromised family that would require some special considerations. Otherwise, yeah, get back to work.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down