Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?

+7
Rodeo Burger
Travis of the Cosmos
Chitown_Badger
Hut1hut2
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
Nommad2
11 posters

Go down

So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  Empty So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?

Post by Nommad2 2014-07-28, 11:49

This Ebola sheit is getting real.  So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  1550444538 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/27/world/africa/ebola-american-doctor-infected/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  Empty Re: So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-28, 11:57

Nommad2 wrote:This Ebola sheit is getting real.   So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  1550444538 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/27/world/africa/ebola-american-doctor-infected/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Depending on corporate interests, either too late, or very soon. We are a reactionary country, no one is going to be proactive about this.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  Empty Re: So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-07-28, 13:35

Nommad2 wrote:This Ebola sheit is getting real.   So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  1550444538 

So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  MV5BMTY3MDk5MDc3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAyNTg0Ng@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_

So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  1550444538 So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  1550444538 So when do we start refusing flights from Africa from entering the U.S.?  1550444538 
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-07-28, 16:27

InTenSity wrote:
Depending on corporate interests, either too late, or very soon. We are a reactionary country, no one is going to be proactive about this.

Sad, but true. Maybe Obama will consider something while lining up his next putt.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-28, 19:00

Kinda crazy that we have no way to treat it. We all gone?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-28, 19:05

Chitown_Badger wrote:Kinda crazy that we have no way to treat it. We all gone?
We have no way of treating it because there is no money in saving a few hundred lives in Africa
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-07-28, 19:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
We have no way of treating it because there is no money in saving a few hundred lives in Africa

Wow, you have a wonderful view of people.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-28, 19:16

Would be interesting to see how quickly the gubment funneled resources to finding a cure if/when the first case hits US soil.

Of course, tons of work may have already been done trying to find a cure and I just don't know about it because ebola is not an area I study in my free time.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-28, 20:13

Hut1hut2 wrote:

Wow, you have a wonderful view of people.
Sorry, but it's the reality of how these things work.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-07-28, 20:19

If you could save a few hundred people at a cost of say, $10 billion, where would you divert the money from?

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-28, 20:34

Rodeo Burger wrote:

If you could save a few hundred people at a cost of say, $10 billion, where would you divert the money from?

Kids with AIDS? I don't know... We're basically saying the same thing though. You're playing the slightly more altruistic card by pointing out opportunity cost and I'm going more pessimistic and blaming greedy pharmaceutical companies that would rather pump out another penis drug.

Edit- so in answer to your question... I'd get the $10 billion by halting penis drug research for 3 months.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2014-07-28, 20:44

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Would be interesting to see how quickly the gubment funneled resources to finding a cure if/when the first case hits US soil.

Of course, tons of work may have already been done trying to find a cure and I just don't know about it because ebola is not an area I study in my free time.

Don't count on it. The illegals from central American have already brought up a resistant form of TB and something called Chagas.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-28, 20:49

Green Note wrote:

Don't count on it. The illegals from central American have already brought up a resistant form of TB and something called Chagas.
Can you source that from somewhere not called "Conservative Daily" or otherwise? I'm not calling you a liar... But I am saying that that's smells of something that would come from that kind of source...
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-07-28, 20:50

Rodeo Burger wrote:

I'd say pharmaceutical companies could have diverted a little of what they spent solving the erectile dysfunction crisis.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-07-28, 20:59

Kids with AIDS? I don't know... We're basically saying the same thing though. You're playing the slightly more altruistic card by pointing out opportunity cost and I'm going more pessimistic and blaming greedy pharmaceutical companies that would rather pump out another penis drug.

Edit- so in answer to your question... I'd get the $10 billion by halting penis drug research for 3 months.

Cym Jim wrote:

I'd say pharmaceutical companies could have diverted a little of what they spent solving the erectile dysfunction crisis.

Fair enough, that seems like a good trade off.

Another solution could be to allow all research to continue, but to permanently ban Big Pharma from advertising directly to consumers (which is nothing more than coaching them to demand drugs from their physicians IMO).
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-28, 21:00

We've got another flesh-eating thing much closer to home.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/vibrio-vulnificus-flesh-eating-ocean-bacteria-hospitalizes-32-kills-10-in-florida
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-07-28, 21:01

Cym Jim wrote:

What! No more old people boners!

How about the trillions spent on weapons to the Middle East. Let the fuckers fight with rocks and sticks.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-07-28, 21:03

Rodeo Burger wrote:

Fair enough, that seems like a good trade off.

Another solution could be to allow all research to continue, but to permanently ban Big Pharma from advertising directly to consumers (which is nothing more than coaching them to demand drugs from their physicians IMO).

Disagree, More info the better. Docs need to be held accountable for the insane amount of prescriptions they write
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-07-29, 01:13

Hut1hut2 wrote:

What! No more old people boners!

How about the trillions spent on weapons to the Middle East. Let the fuckers fight with rocks and sticks.
The sooner we close the gates to anyone from Mongobongoland the better, amirite?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-07-29, 07:33

Chagas, TB, and gang bangers walking across the boarder are much more of a threat than ebola. Ebola is hard to catch in a country with running water and sanitation. However, a toilet on a plane where one infected person is blowing out their o-ring and failing to properly wash their hands could pose a risk.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down