Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off

5 posters

Go down

Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off Empty Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-28, 17:37

Now you, too, can bid on what was once owned (much of it earned) by #6. Hundreds of pieces being auctioned off:

Late Al Kaline's memorabilia hits auction block next month; here are the highlights

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2021/10/28/late-detroit-tigers-legend-al-kalines-memorabilia-hits-auction-block-next-month/8582589002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off Empty Re: Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off

Post by DWags 2021-10-28, 19:02

tGreenWay wrote:Now you, too, can bid on what was once owned (much of it earned) by #6. Hundreds of pieces being auctioned off:

Late Al Kaline's memorabilia hits auction block next month; here are the highlights

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2021/10/28/late-detroit-tigers-legend-al-kalines-memorabilia-hits-auction-block-next-month/8582589002/

Dude is gonna get more for a glove he wore than he ever earned in a year. 100k.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off Empty Re: Al Kaline’s career memorabilia collection getting auctioned off

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-28, 20:30

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Now you, too, can bid on what was once owned (much of it earned) by #6. Hundreds of pieces being auctioned off:

Dude is gonna get more for a glove he wore than he ever earned in a year. 100k.

You think it will go that high? IDK what previous auctions have pulled in for HoF player game gear.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-10-28, 21:16

True story (and I apologize if I've said it before)

I won tickets to the tigers playoff game in 2006. I saw in the state news a number you could call to put your name in the running for free tickets. At that time, I rarely brought my giant yellow nextel cell phone with me. But for some reason, this day I did. Class got done early at msu, and I saw I had a voice-mail. I had to call within 30 min to claim my tickets or it was going to the next person. I called back and viola, scored tickets.

We go to pick them up at a side area in the stadium. Which is apparently where the celebs/higher up people go in. I look up to the second story banister to this guy leaning on it looking down. I looked at him, then saw a painting behind his left side. Looked back at the guy. Then the painting. And realized it was AL Kaline, standing there, next to his painting.

Cool story bro I know.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, DWags and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-28, 21:36

Dendrobates wrote:True story (and I apologize if I've said it before)

I won tickets to the tigers playoff game in 2006. I saw in the state news a number you could call to put your name in the running for free tickets. At that time, I rarely brought my giant yellow nextel cell phone with me. But for some reason, this day I did. Class got done early at msu, and I saw I had a voice-mail. I had to call within 30 min to claim my tickets or it was going to the next person. I called back and viola, scored tickets.

We go to pick them up at a side area in the stadium. Which is apparently where the celebs/higher up people go in. I look up to the second story banister to this guy leaning on it looking down. I looked at him, then saw a painting behind his left side. Looked back at the guy. Then the painting. And realized it was AL Kaline, standing there, next to his painting.

Cool story bro I know.

Very cool story.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-10-28, 22:04

This is cool but kinda sad at the same time. My Dad was friends with Mr Kaline through TV ( channel 4 carried the Tiger games) and Oakland Hills.
Both became members in 1969. The man was incredibly humble. Not surprising the trophies didn't mean much to him and he would rather see his kids get the money.

RIP Mr Tiger
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-28, 22:26

Dendrobates wrote:True story (and I apologize if I've said it before)

Cool story bro I know.

It is a cool story. I’d’ve embarrassed myself and those around me by calling his name and waving hi.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Polydorus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2021-10-29, 11:03

I always loved his batteries as a kid.

Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down