Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread

+17
Probably CF
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Nordic
kingstonlake
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Turtleneck
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-03, 18:16

ESPN's FPI predicts outcome of Michigan State-Purdue game

https://saturdaytradition.com/michigan-state-football/espns-fpi-predicts-outcome-of-michigan-state-purdue-game/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-03, 18:17

Purdue football: 5 keys for putting a wrench in Michigan's State's feel-good story

https://saturdaytradition.com/purdue-football/purdue-football-5-keys-for-putting-a-wrench-in-michigans-states-feel-good-story/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-11-03, 19:12

38-20
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-03, 22:06

Michigan State vs Purdue Prediction, Game Preview

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/11/michigan-state-vs-purdue-prediction-game-preview-lines-how-to-watch
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-11-04, 13:47

All whites again!  Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 3434560931

Notice the Molan Labe in Greek on the inside of the collar.

[tw]1456290219225931787[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-04, 13:52

Heat Miser wrote:All whites again!  Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 3434560931

You know what heat, I would have expected that jersey sitch to be for Osu. Now I don’t know what they’ll do for that game. Maybe an all white with gruff, or similar to Michigan but the opposite, an all white with a white Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-04, 18:18

Michigan State football at Purdue: 5 determining factors and a prediction

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2021/11/04/michigan-state-football-msu-purdue-prediction-preview-tv-info-betting/6280134001/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-04, 18:27

Michigan State vs. Purdue Prediction: Spartans look to avoid upset vs. Boilermakers

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/lists/michigan-state-vs-purdue-prediction-spartans-look-to-avoid-upset-vs-boilermakers/

Michigan State vs. Purdue Football Prediction and Preview

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/michigan-state-spartans-vs-purdue-boilermakers-prediction-picks-2021

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-04, 18:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:All whites again!  Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 3434560931

You know what heat, I would have expected that jersey sitch to be for Osu. Now I don’t know what they’ll do for that game. Maybe an all white with gruff, or similar to Michigan but the opposite, an all white with a white Spartan

No holding back this week.

White jersey, green helmet & green pants for tOSU. Or this:

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 2Q==

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-04, 18:28

Hammer and Rails Podcast - Michigan State Preview, Purdue Basketball Exhibition

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2021/11/4/22763163/hammer-and-rails-podcast-michigan-state-preview-purdue-basketball-exhibition

Purdue looks to become bowl eligible with win over No. 5 Michigan State

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-looks-to-become-bowl-eligible-with-win-over-no-5-michigan-state

Purdue Football: 5 Must Haves to Beat Sparty

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2021/11/4/22763278/purdue-football-5-must-haves-to-beat-sparty

As Purdue Football Stares Down Bowl Eligibility, it Awaits a Matchup With No. 3 Michigan State

https://www.si.com/college/purdue/football/as-purdue-football-stares-down-bowl-eligibility-it-awaits-a-matchup-with-no-3-michigan-state
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-04, 18:47

Purdue's strength vs. our weakness? Secondary is going to have to come up big. Some sacks would be sweet good too.

4. How MSU handles receiver David Bell and Purdue’s patient passing game
David Bell is, arguably, the best receiver in the Big Ten. And his numbers back that up — 53 catches at 14.8 yards per catch and a Big Ten-leading 786 receiving yards. His 11 catches for 240 yards against Iowa was a big reason for that Purdue upset, which no longer looks like much of an upset. He’ll be a chore for the Spartans. But MSU, as we’ve seen, is entirely comfortable giving receivers room to operate underneath and then clamping down in the red zone. MSU’s defense, many weeks this season, has forced offenses to be disciplined and patient in the passing game.

Purdue's offense is also comfortable with that. This could be a low-scoring game, with some long drives between the 20-yard lines. The Boilermakers don’t run it well at all, though they’re healthy again in the backfield. I think MSU will be fine against the run. The key is making Bell work and trying to get QB Aiden O’Connell to make mistakes. In games he’s thrown a pick, Purdue (4-3 overall) is 1-3. He was sacked four times and threw three interceptions two weeks ago against Wisconsin and the Badgers rolled. That’s the formula.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-04, 18:53

Nordic wrote:Purdue's strength vs. our weakness? Secondary is going to have to come up big. Some sacks would be sweet good too.

4. How MSU handles receiver David Bell and Purdue’s patient passing game
David Bell is, arguably, the best receiver in the Big Ten. And his numbers back that up — 53 catches at 14.8 yards per catch and a Big Ten-leading 786 receiving yards. His 11 catches for 240 yards against Iowa was a big reason for that Purdue upset, which no longer looks like much of an upset. He’ll be a chore for the Spartans. But MSU, as we’ve seen, is entirely comfortable giving receivers room to operate underneath and then clamping down in the red zone. MSU’s defense, many weeks this season, has forced offenses to be disciplined and patient in the passing game.

Purdue's offense is also comfortable with that. This could be a low-scoring game, with some long drives between the 20-yard lines. The Boilermakers don’t run it well at all, though they’re healthy again in the backfield. I think MSU will be fine against the run. The key is making Bell work and trying to get QB Aiden O’Connell to make mistakes. In games he’s thrown a pick, Purdue (4-3 overall) is 1-3. He was sacked four times and threw three interceptions two weeks ago against Wisconsin and the Badgers rolled. That’s the formula.

I don’t get the PFF ratings. Because we had all these so called pressures on the QB. I didn’t see it. Going forward our Dline needs to step up. They do that and it helps or DB’s.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-11-04, 20:12

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:Purdue's strength vs. our weakness? Secondary is going to have to come up big. Some sacks would be sweet good too.

I don’t get the PFF ratings. Because we had all these so called pressures on the QB. I didn’t see it. Going forward our Dline needs to step up. They do that and it helps or DB’s.

I remember being frustrated at several pressures that didn't get home. There were a couple that McNamara completed as he was being hit. But we didn't get home in that game.

We are #9 in the country in sacks per game (I think we were #1 before the UM game). Part of that is because we have played multiple teams that threw 50-60 times per game. In fact, only Hawaii has faced more pass attempts than we have.

And speaking of facing the 2nd most passes in the country, that's why we are ranked #127 in pass yards allowed. It annoys me when I've seen media say we have one of the worst pass defenses in the country. Fuck that, we are #33 in pass efficiency D, and #23 in yards allpwed per attempt, which is more telling of the pass D performance than yards allowed per game.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-04, 20:54

DWags wrote:

UM had all day to throw.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-04, 22:32

Purdue is gonna toss the ball around. It will be a challenge for the MSU secondary. On the other side of the ball, their defense allows less than 20 points per game. I imagine that will impact what they try to do on offense. Maybe. I don't know. I see Purdue being comfortable dinking and dunking and trying to eat up the clock with short passing routes. They have struggled in the red zone this year, but if they can play keep away and their defense plays well when it's on the field, they might not have to score a ton of points to keep it close.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-11-05, 10:25

Mateen if fired UP!

[tw]1456623825307701250[/tw]

#KeepChoppin
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-11-05, 10:36

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5kkkwlazeciq9eksuoq251qloswvanbamlwnszgyh&rid=200
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 10:43

TOC Staff Picks: Michigan State vs. Purdue

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2021/11/5/22765124/toc-staff-picks-week-10-michigan-state-sprtans-vs-purdue-boilermakers
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 10:43

Jeff Brohm updates Purdue's kicking situation ahead of Michigan State showdown

https://saturdaytradition.com/purdue-football/jeff-brohm-updates-purdues-kicking-situation-ahead-of-michigan-state-showdown/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 10:45

5 things to watch in Michigan State vs. Purdue and a final score prediction

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2021/11/5-things-to-watch-in-michigan-state-vs-purdue-and-a-final-score-prediction.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 10:48

WATCH: Tucker breaks down Michigan State's challenge at Purdue

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Article/Michigan-State-football-Mel-Tucker-Purdue-preview-174561891/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-11-05, 10:48

Turtleneck wrote:Purdue is gonna toss the ball around. It will be a challenge for the MSU secondary. On the other side of the ball, their defense allows less than 20 points per game. I imagine that will impact what they try to do on offense. Maybe. I don't know. I see Purdue being comfortable dinking and dunking and trying to eat up the clock with short passing routes. They have struggled in the red zone this year, but if they can play keep away and their defense plays well when it's on the field, they might not have to score a ton of points to keep it close.

They have played some average to bad to awful offensive teams. Iowa, Bert, UConn, Wiscy, Nebby, Oregon State, Minny. They gave up 27 to ND. I think that would be the measuring stick.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-05, 10:54

We lay 35 on them. Our DB’s have to keep Bell in check
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-05, 11:03

I think we'll have a much easier time getting to the Purdue QB than the McBros.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and Probably CF like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-11-05, 11:07

We're scoring a John Miller number this week. 5 TDs and 3 Coghlin FGs. Big week for Coghlin after getting engaged.

We're so focused that no one is replying to Steve's " Hey Turtleneck We Are So Fuckin Focused..." thread.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-05, 11:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:We're scoring a John Miller number this week. 5 TDs and 3 Coghlin FGs. Big week for Coghlin after getting engaged.

We're so focused that no one is replying to Steve's " Hey Turtleneck We Are So Fuckin Focused..." thread.

It’s Friday and floyd is here making everyone break out the abacus
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-05, 12:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:We're scoring a John Miller number this week. 5 TDs and 3 Coghlin FGs. Big week for Coghlin after getting engaged.

It’s Friday and floyd is here making everyone break out the abacus

I don’t think you spell that liquor that way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-05, 12:29

You spoke too soon.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-05, 13:36

DWags wrote:

Agree. Guessing our DL was more focused on run gaps than QB pressure last week. Need to flip that script for Purdue.

Pretty sure I saw Beesley get some snaps last week. That should help.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-05, 13:48

Heat Miser wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Purdue is gonna toss the ball around. It will be a challenge for the MSU secondary. On the other side of the ball, their defense allows less than 20 points per game. I imagine that will impact what they try to do on offense. Maybe. I don't know. I see Purdue being comfortable dinking and dunking and trying to eat up the clock with short passing routes. They have struggled in the red zone this year,  but if they can play keep away and their defense plays well when it's on the field, they might not have to score a ton of points to keep it close.

They have played some average to bad to awful offensive teams. Iowa, Bert, UConn, Wiscy, Nebby, Oregon State, Minny. They gave up 27 to ND. I think that would be the measuring stick.

Yikes. Never looked at their schedule till this post. UConn is one of the worst teams in the FBS. We all know how inept Wisky and Iowa are. 5 of those 7 are in the bottom 100 in scoring offense and I don't think stats lie in this case (Wisky seems to running better of late).

We gonna fuck them up.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 16:29

Game Prediction: No. 3 Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/football/football-game-prediction-michigan-state-spartans-vs-purdue-boilermakers

Michigan State Football: Final score predictions vs. Purdue in Week 10

https://spartanavenue.com/2021/11/05/michigan-state-football-score-predictions-purdue-2021/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 16:39

Get to Know the Opponent: Purdue: The Spartans will look to avoid a trap game in West Lafayette

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2021/11/4/22763186/get-to-know-the-opponent-purdue-boilermakers-michigan-state-spartans

Game Preview: Michigan State Spartans versus Purdue Boilermakers

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2021/11/5/22764552/michigan-state-spartns-versus-purdue-boilermakers-game-preview-big-ten

5 Questions with Hammer and Rails: What makes Purdue’s defense so dominant?

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2021/11/4/22763566/5-questions-with-hammer-and-rails-what-makes-purdues-defense-so-dominant-michigan-state

3-2-1 Preview: 3 things we want to see, 2 key stats and 1 best bet for Michigan State vs. Purdue

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2021/11/4/22761355/3-2-1-preview-3-things-we-want-to-see-2-key-stats-and-1-best-for-michigan-state-versus-purdue
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 20:31

Purdue vs. Michigan State - Staff Predictions

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2021/11/5/22765889/purdue-vs-michigan-state-staff-predictions
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 20:32

Michigan State Football: 3 reasons Spartans will avoid upset at Purdue

https://spartanavenue.com/2021/11/05/michigan-state-football-reasons-spartans-avoid-upset-purdue/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 20:56

Purdue drops intense hype video ahead of battle with No. 3 Michigan State

https://saturdaytradition.com/purdue-football/purdue-drops-intense-hype-video-ahead-of-battle-with-no-3-michigan-state/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-11-05, 21:03

anyone been to a bar in LA for a MSU game? any stick out? thanks!

looks like Tony P's is on the list and on the water/marina. neat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-05, 21:10

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 4113017228

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 5367beed97acdb528f54ef136a3efefa
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-11-05, 21:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:anyone been to a bar in LA for a MSU game? any stick out? thanks!

Can you be more specific? Do you mean Los Angeles, Louisiana, Los Altos, Lower Alabama, or Laos?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-05, 21:14

NigelUno wrote:Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 4113017228

Full steam ahead: Purdue pregame thread - Page 3 5367beed97acdb528f54ef136a3efefa

That is the same exact drum and cart. Liars. Thank you for your forensic work Nigel.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-11-05, 21:29

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:anyone been to a bar in LA for a MSU game? any stick out? thanks!

Can you be more specific? Do you mean Los Angeles, Louisiana, Los Altos, Lower Alabama, or Laos?

Los Angeles turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next