Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.

+7
Pervis Muldoon
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
DWags
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  Empty Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.

Post by DWags 2021-11-06, 21:25

Daughter bought us tickets. I’ll turn 60 that night at midnight. AND ILL STILL BE 2 DECADES YOUNGER THAT SOME BAND MEMBERS! Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  Empty Re: Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-07, 07:23

I’d definitely go if I lived there. That band has still got it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  Empty Re: Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-08, 10:51

DWags wrote:Daughter bought us tickets. I’ll turn 60 that night at midnight. AND ILL STILL BE 2 DECADES YOUNGER THAT SOME BAND MEMBERS! Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600

I'll be there, dude. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

(I wasn't initially planning to go, but a buddy has an extra ticket in the upper deck. I told him that if he drove, I'd go.. should be a pretty good time).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-08, 11:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Daughter bought us tickets. I’ll turn 60 that night at midnight. AND ILL STILL BE 2 DECADES YOUNGER THAT SOME BAND MEMBERS! Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600

I'll be there, dude. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

(I wasn't initially planning to go, but a buddy has an extra ticket in the upper deck. I told him that if he drove, I'd go.. should be a pretty good time).

I’ll wave as I ride by on my bike. 🚴
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-08, 11:57

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'll be there, dude. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

I’ll wave as I ride by on my bike. 🚴
Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-08, 12:26

I could have... but sooo old. And I wasn't really a fan from like 1980 on...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-08, 12:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I could have... but sooo old. And I wasn't really a fan from like 1980 on...
I admit, I checked the setlists before I agreed to go.. lots of older stuff, most of the classics.

I'll take a couple of naps Monday to get geared up, a couple of naps Tuesday after show.. I should be set.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-08, 14:51

There may come a time when I don’t mind being in a huge crowd again, but not yet. Hope you guys have a great time, though. Should be a memorable night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-08, 18:32

tGreenWay wrote:There may come a time when I don’t mind being in a huge crowd again, but not yet. Hope you guys have a great time, though. Should be a memorable night.
I'll be 52 next month and I'll  be on the lower side of the age demographic.

And it'll be cool. A few beers and Beams beforehand. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-08, 18:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:There may come a time when I don’t mind being in a huge crowd again, but not yet. Hope you guys have a great time, though. Should be a memorable night.

And it'll be cool. A few beers and Beams beforehand. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

Wife has a secret dinner reservation planned for me the daughters and their boyfriends. Then they're keeping me downtown for late nigh shenanigans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-11-08, 18:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It will be hard for that demographic to rush they stage in their walkers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-08, 20:13

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Wife has a secret dinner reservation planned for me the daughters and their boyfriends. Then they're keeping me downtown for late nigh shenanigans.

Not trying to disrespekt Mrs. DWags, but isn’t dinner something you have every night? How big a secret can it be?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-08, 20:40

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Not trying to disrespekt Mrs. DWags, but isn’t dinner something you have every night? How big a secret can it be?

I have no idea, claims it was hard getting a reservation. I'm just feeling good about seeing the stones with my daughters. Getting the booster tomorrow at 11 a.m. I think it's timely.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-11-08, 23:44

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I could have... but sooo old. And I wasn't really a fan from like 1980 on...

I really like their later albums. Five or ten years ago, I listened to all of the albums after Tattoo You and was pleasantly surprised by how good it felt to hear some great Stones riffs and lyrics that I had never given a chance before. Those songs haven't been played to death by classic rock radio and there are many gems that remain in my rotation.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-09, 09:45

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I texted my buddy last night.. "so what's the plan for next week and the show"?

still haven't heard back. I'm a laid back guy, but I do like to have a plan in place. I'm hoping this doesn't send me off the edge into some dark abyss where "plans" are created on a whim.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-09, 11:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I texted my buddy last night.. "so what's the plan for next week and the show"?

still haven't heard back. I'm a laid back guy, but I do like to have a plan in place. I'm hoping this doesn't send me off the edge into some dark abyss where "plans" are created on a whim.

I’ve got news for you, Bob. Someone sent into the abyss because plans were created on a whim is not exactly a laid back guy. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-09, 12:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I texted my buddy last night.. "so what's the plan for next week and the show"?

I’ve got news for you, Bob. Someone sent into the abyss because plans were created on a whim is not exactly a laid back guy. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600
Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-15, 07:05

[tw]1460153527091834887?s=21[/tw]

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-15, 09:22

allright, DWags.. your naps in.. we got a rock show to go to tonight. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-15, 14:52

[tw]1459932933821800455[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-15, 14:53

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1459932933821800455[/tw]

Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  Tyson-jones
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-15, 22:36

Reminder, DWags, that Mick is 78 years old. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-15, 22:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Reminder, DWags, that Mick is 78 years old. Shocked

How was the show?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-15, 23:12

Just said hello to Dwags.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-15, 23:14

duffy munn wrote:

How was the show?

Worlds collide. Bobby ask and Dwags just ran into each other. Was with my daughters boyfriend. He’s going home I’m going down town to party.

Concert was amazing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-15, 23:14

duffy munn wrote:

How was the show?
was great. A lot of fun

DWags turns 60 in 45 minutes by the way.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-15, 23:38

Happy birthday Wags! Assuming you survive the  23 minutes
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-16, 00:16

duffy munn wrote:Happy birthday Wags! Assuming you survive the  23 minutes

By the way, when you guys finally meet Bob, he’s the most laid back matter of fact relaxed person you’ll ever meet. He just sauntered up said “hey”. He’s a great American
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-16, 01:40

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Happy birthday Wags! Assuming you survive the  23 minutes

By the way, when you guys finally meet Bob, he’s the most laid back matter of fact relaxed person you’ll ever meet. He just sauntered up said “hey”. He’s a great American
thanks, man.

It was good running into you. Happy Birthday. 🍻
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-11-16, 04:23

Happy Birthday, D Wags. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

I'm sure you'll be reading this in about another 8 hours.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-16, 07:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:Happy Birthday, D Wags. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

I don't think he would mind me sharing this, but when I ran into him last night he asked if I was heading back to East Lansing.. I go "yeah.. You're staying downtown, right"?

He said, "yep and we're doing shots". Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600

So it might be a bit before we hear from the birthday boy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-16, 09:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Happy Birthday, D Wags. Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  969504605

I don't think he would mind me sharing this, but when I ran into him last night he asked if I was heading back to East Lansing.. I go "yeah.. You're staying downtown, right"?

He said, "yep and we're doing shots". Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  502811600

Probably went to some after hours with the band.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-16, 10:25

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't think he would mind me sharing this, but when I ran into him last night he asked if I was heading back to East Lansing.. I go "yeah.. You're staying downtown, right"?

So I’ll P.M. a pic. But I was at the Tin Roof chellios old place. Family counts down at midnight and we do a shot. Ten minutes later Ayron Jones comes over to the group and introduced himself. We knew who he was. Said he wanted to wish birthday boy a Happy bday.

Warmed up the Stones. He was great so I guess I kind of hung with a band.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-16, 10:33

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So I’ll P.M. a pic. But I was at the Tin Roof chellios old place. Family counts down at midnight and we do a shot. Ten minutes later Ayron Jones comes over to the group and introduced himself. We knew who he was. Said he wanted to wish birthday boy a Happy bday.

Warmed up the Stones. He was great so I guess I kind of hung with a band.

Awesome.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-11-16, 10:47

[tw]1460633033787203589[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-16, 10:50

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So I’ll P.M. a pic. But I was at the Tin Roof chellios old place. Family counts down at midnight and we do a shot. Ten minutes later Ayron Jones comes over to the group and introduced himself. We knew who he was.  Said he wanted to wish birthday boy a Happy bday.  

Warmed up the Stones.  He was great so I guess I kind of hung with a band.
very cool.

My kid was at the show somewhere. Never saw her. Me and my buddy I was with hit up Detroit Brewing Co. beforehand. We came straight home.. he had to work this morning (sucker!).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-16, 12:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

So I’ll P.M. a pic. But I was at the Tin Roof chellios old place. Family counts down at midnight and we do a shot. Ten minutes later Ayron Jones comes over to the group and introduced himself. We knew who he was.  Said he wanted to wish birthday boy a Happy bday.  

Warmed up the Stones.  He was great so I guess I kind of hung with a band.
very cool.

My kid was at the show somewhere. Never saw her. Me and my buddy I was with hit up Detroit Brewing Co. beforehand. We came straight home.. he had to work this morning (sucker!).

I was drunk enough where the kids told me I said “hey I’m a big fan”. He hung and did a shot. I actually think he was more interested in talking to my daughters than me. No idea why he wouldn’t want to talk about Spartan football with a drunk 60 year old.

Anybody else going to the Stones at Ford Field.  E56c3110
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-16, 12:19

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
very cool.

I was drunk enough where the kids told me I said “hey I’m a big fan”. He hung and did a shot. I actually think he was more interested in talking to my daughters than me. No idea why he wouldn’t want to talk about Spartan football with a drunk 60 year old.

dig it.

Also, check this clip from last night.. whoever took it, it's great quality and this chick, as you know, can freakin' wail.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-16, 12:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

dig it.

Also, check this clip from last night.. whoever took it, it's great quality and this chick, as you know, can freakin' wail.

All of us had to look her up. She was also with the pussycat dolls. From New York. Blew me away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-26, 03:28

Mick seen taking a break to be with his 34-year-old girlfriend on a beach in Miami.

https://okmagazine.com/p/rolling-stones-mick-jagger-hits-the-beach-decades-younger-girlfriend-melanie-hamrick/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next