Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst MSU student section shirts ever?

+14
Hut1hut2
CrazySparty
beal99
Larry Kazamias
Roger Waymeth
RubberbandMan
Robert J Sakimano
WBill
Dendrobates
Tyler Durden
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cosmo_Kramer
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
18 posters

Go down

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? Empty Worst MSU student section shirts ever?

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-30, 09:54

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? V6pbbY7

http://www.msuspartans.com/ot/t-shirt-vote-14.html
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? Empty Re: Worst MSU student section shirts ever?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-07-30, 10:14

The green ones were the worst ever since no one could even tell there was a shirt thing happening.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? Empty Re: Worst MSU student section shirts ever?

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-30, 10:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The green ones were the worst ever since no one could even tell there was a shirt thing happening.
Personally I think everyone should wear green always. We are the most identifiable green school.

Also I'd like to see college football go the soccer route with clash kits, and MSU would get to wear its all green jerseys home and road unless we happen to be playing some other school that wears green (Miami, Tulane, Marshall, EMU, etc.) and then we wear all white.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-30, 10:29

Pretty bland
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-30, 10:56

Weak. I thought the SAF only ran the Izzone.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-07-30, 11:13

I like 1 and 3?
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-07-30, 11:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The green ones were the worst ever since no one could even tell there was a shirt thing happening.

I disagree with that too. I wish we had more green the shirts. These choices are just so boring.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-30, 11:24

Despite what AT&T says, sometimes less is better. So what if it doesn't contain some current catch phrase that a year from now no one will care about.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-30, 11:30

WBill wrote:Despite what AT&T says, sometimes less is better.  So what if it doesn't contain some current catch phrase that a year from now no one will care about.
It's not necessarily even the simplicity of the design. I think the shirts should say Spartan Football -- lose the s.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-07-30, 11:32

I'm definitely a "less is more" kind of guy when it comes to graphics and text on clothing..

I mean, I wouldn't wear any of those shirts - but their not too bad for those who might.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-07-30, 11:39

Option one would be great if it said "Spartan Football". Even as is, it's pretty good. Are you dorks the kind of dweebs who need rad graphic designs taking up 97% of their T-shirts?
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Waymeth 2014-07-30, 11:40

Steve and Barry both love them.
Roger Waymeth
Roger Waymeth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-07-30, 11:43

Giant Moose wrote:
It's not necessarily even the simplicity of the design. I think the shirts should say Spartan Football -- lose the s.
Partan Football?
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-07-30, 11:44

fucking terrible, I liked the green ones.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-07-30, 11:44

Roger Waymeth wrote:Steve and Barry both love them.

LOL, i miss Steve and Barrys, I had a paid of jeans from there that lasted all through college
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-07-30, 11:57

I will take these options 10 times out of 10 over a shirt with some stupid slogan like "SPARTANS STAND TOGETHER" or "WE WILL STAND STAND AND FIGHT"

The text on all of these shirts is also the Spartan Font, and not the generic NIKE font.

I agree I'd rather it'd be green, since that's our primary color(and also makes it easier to keep clean), but I'll take that simple design any day.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-07-30, 12:01

Larry Kazamias wrote:
Partan Football?
"Partan me, but I plan on doing a most outstanding series of touchdown dances in the endzone this lovely fall afternoon"..

Partan Football
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-07-30, 12:18

CrazySparty wrote:I will take these options 10 times out of 10 over a shirt with some stupid slogan like "SPARTANS STAND TOGETHER" or "WE WILL STAND STAND AND FIGHT"

The text on all of these shirts is also the Spartan Font, and not the generic NIKE font.

I agree I'd rather it'd be green, since that's our primary color(and also makes it easier to keep clean), but I'll take that simple design any day.
So you're telling me you wouldn't like the original Izzone shirt with "do not attempt to adjust your game, you've stepped into the Izzone".

I still have that fine vintage 1995 gem deep in a drawer somewhere.  I'll come across it now and then with a head shake every time.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-30, 12:19

What the hell is on the back of #3? An ed hardy graphic?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-30, 12:19

CrazySparty wrote:I will take these options 10 times out of 10 over a shirt with some stupid slogan like "SPARTANS STAND TOGETHER" or "WE WILL STAND STAND AND FIGHT"

EXPECT LOUD
RESPECT LOUD

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? 502811600 Fucking Izzone.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-30, 12:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

EXPECT LOUD
RESPECT LOUD

The Victory 4 MSU ones were pretty good, though.

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? GsAixNr
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-07-30, 15:42

Giant Moose wrote:Worst MSU student section shirts ever? V6pbbY7

http://www.msuspartans.com/ot/t-shirt-vote-14.html

Really? This concerns you?
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-07-30, 15:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

EXPECT LOUD
RESPECT LOUD

That was especially awful because it ruined what was actually a pretty cool design on the front.

I think I've worn last year's football student section shirt twice. Once was during a pickup game of football, the other was when I was helping a friend paint his house(I.E., scenarios where I wouldn't care about my shirt getting dirty/ruined).

The slogans are so dumb. You know whoever came up with them is one of the people who camps out the night before a football game without drinking an ounce of alcohol.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-07-30, 16:11

When I was a student I never gave a thought to what the T-shirt design was. Ever. I was just glad to be there (before kickoff, you lazy young whipper snappers).

Since I've graduated, I again never give a thought to what the student section is supposed to be wearing when they don't show up.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-07-30, 16:20

CrazySparty wrote:

That was especially awful because it ruined what was actually a pretty cool design on the front.

I think I've worn last year's football student section shirt twice. Once was during a pickup game of football, the other was when I was helping a friend paint his house(I.E., scenarios where I wouldn't care about my shirt getting dirty/ruined).

The slogans are so dumb. You know whoever came up with them is one of the people who camps out the night before a football game without drinking an ounce of alcohol.

I'd buy one that said

I NEVER TOUCHED VAG
SPARTANS FOOTBALL 2014
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2014-07-30, 16:31

Since no one else volunteered I will step up.....back in my day we didn't have no fancy schmancy student section t-shirts. You paid your money and you showed up and cheered for the team.

And here's a shocker - you had an assigned seat. And even better the longer you were a student the better your tickets were.

By the time of my second senior year I was sitting at the 45 on the visitors side about 30 rows up. They used to sit the recruits in front of us and let me tell you Chris Webber was tall even back in the day.

And another thing we didn't need people to tell us when or what to cheer - we did it because we knew it.

And the stadium didn't look like a goddamned prison with 10 feet concrete walls - there was a no drop to the field and when it was called for those goalposts were ripped down like a prom date's dress.

I was there for the Rose Bowl clincher against Indiana. I was there for Demetrious Brown. I was there when my buddy Jim jumped down to the Illinois bench area and was going to punch Mike White. I was there when the State Trooper grabbed him and then started pushing him around. I was there when I told the trooper he couldn't do that. I was there when we were both taken into custody. I was there when Jim yelled at all the rent-a-cops waiting for their pay if they were lined up cuz there were donuts in there.

I was there

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-the-simpsons-7414384-265-199
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-07-30, 16:36

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Since no one else volunteered I will step up.....back in my day we didn't have no fancy schmancy student section t-shirts. You paid your money and you showed up and cheered for the team.

And here's a shocker - you had an assigned seat. And even better the longer you were a student the better your tickets were.

By the time of my second senior year I was sitting at the 45 on the visitors side about 30 rows up. They used to sit the recruits in front of us and let me tell you Chris Webber was tall even back in the day.

And another thing we didn't need people to tell us when or what to cheer - we did it because we knew it.

And the stadium didn't look like a goddamned prison with 10 feet concrete walls - there was a no drop to the field and when it was called for those goalposts were ripped down like a prom date's dress.

I was there for the Rose Bowl clincher against Indiana. I was there for Demetrious Brown. I was there when my buddy Jim jumped down to the Illinois bench area and was going to punch Mike White. I was there when the State Trooper grabbed him and then started pushing him around. I was there when I told the trooper he couldn't do that. I was there when we were both taken into custody. I was there when Jim yelled at all the rent-a-cops waiting for their pay if they were lined up cuz there were donuts in there.

I was there

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-the-simpsons-7414384-265-199

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? 53121889
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-07-30, 16:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
"Partan me, but I plan on doing a most outstanding series of touchdown dances in the endzone this lovely fall afternoon"..

Partan Football

Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-07-30, 20:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory
Son, stay off the drugs
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-07-31, 08:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

that boy good.. he good.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner 2014-07-31, 11:30

I like the back of 3. It's the same graphic that was on the cover of the Media Guide I think.
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-31, 11:31

The Lonely Stoner wrote:I like the back of 3. It's the same graphic that was on the cover of the Media Guide I think.

I still can't even tell what the hell it is.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-31, 11:36

The Lonely Stoner wrote:I like the back of 3. It's the same graphic that was on the cover of the Media Guide I think.

Worst MSU student section shirts ever? 2014-FB-Front-Cover-310x399 Worst MSU student section shirts ever? Msu-shirt-back-option-3

Wish MSU had a bigger picture of the shirt graphics because it's really, really hard to tell.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down