Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ripping the student section has jumped the shark

+9
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Snake Plissken
steveschneider
DWags
Code_Warrior
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
CrazySparty
13 posters

Go down

Ripping the student section has jumped the shark Empty Ripping the student section has jumped the shark

Post by CrazySparty 2014-11-09, 11:25

It's unreal how anytime MSU football or basketball struggles at a home game, the student section for either sport is immediately criticized. If you're like Kyler Elsworth, who has ripped the student section rather than criticize the "defense" from last night, you are deflecting to the max. The student section is not the reason we almost lost to Nebraska, and it certainly isn't the reason MSU gave up 49 points.

Also, I really hope you fans who have twitter realize that seeing former players, Hollis, and fans in general constantly ripping the student section isn't remotely good for recruiting.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ripping the student section has jumped the shark Empty Re: Ripping the student section has jumped the shark

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-09, 11:27

I have you on ignore, but I can't remember why. Are you a jackass? Was it something you said?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ripping the student section has jumped the shark Empty Re: Ripping the student section has jumped the shark

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-11-09, 11:30

The phrase jump the shark jumped the shark
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-11-09, 11:31

I don't go to games. I watch them on TV. I'm the reason the D played poorly. Downvote away. Wait, wrong site....

Did I have the appropriate amount of incredulity there? It seemed forced to me, like I rushed it a bit.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 11:37

CrazySparty wrote:It's unreal how anytime MSU football or basketball struggles at a home game, the student section for either sport is immediately criticized. If you're like Kyler Elsworth, who has ripped the student section rather than criticize the "defense" from last night, you are deflecting to the max. The student section is not the reason we almost lost to Nebraska, and it certainly isn't the reason MSU gave up 49 points.

Also, I really hope you fans who have twitter realize that seeing former players, Hollis, and fans in general constantly ripping the student section isn't remotely good for recruiting.

Just stop it. It's a former player pissed off at the loss and asa 23 year old tweeting his anger out. relax, he's a Spartan sticking up for his teammates. Tweets, fans leaving early, people bitching at each other on message boards, it's the world you live in. Recruits choose MSU for many reasons, if they're making a choice for the above reasons, we're going to go back to the Muddy waters days. They might as well pick Michigan because of the helmets. Fuck em.

Should Kyle stick up for his teammates while not criticizing another part of his university? Sure, it would be great. But It's the first conference loss in 721 days and 14 straight conference games. I'm giving him some rope here. He's a great Spartan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 11:58

I have to say actually going to the games sucks compared to TV. There are WAY too many breaks in the game for commercials and replays.

The ambient sounds of the game (the band and cheers) has been replaced by shit blasting through the sound system.

Plus we have the ****ing tvs why don't they show fuvking replays? Any time there's a controversial call you are often too far away to see it. Hello! Play that shit on the TV screens.

Instead they just play commercials and you have no clue what the fuck is happening.

Bottom line there's way too many breaks and stoppages where you left just standing their holding your pud.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-11-09, 12:15

steveschneider wrote:
Plus we have the ****ing tvs why don't they show fuvking replays? Any time there's a controversial call you are often too far away to see it. Hello! Play that shit on the TV screens.

I assume they do that so you don't see that it was a bad call that the refs didn't reverse and revolt.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 12:20

Snake Plissken wrote:

I assume they do that so you don't see that it was a bad call that the refs didn't reverse and revolt.

Probably right, but it makes it better at home to see the replay. It's crucial to knowing what is going on in the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-11-09, 12:30

steveschneider wrote:
The ambient sounds of the game (the band and cheers) has been replaced by shit blasting through the sound system.

That PA guy was clutch at the end though, came blasting on right as the inbred ohio folk cheering. I enjoyed not hearing them
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 12:48

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

That PA guy was clutch at the end though, came blasting on right as the inbred ohio folk cheering. I enjoyed not hearing them

That's good to know. I do see some advantages to it...the intro is pretty cool with Thunderstruck and all that. It's pretty dramatic the way the team comes out onto the field, and it gets the crowd fired up.

All I know is that at the UofM game, I barely heard the bands. UofM's band traveled all the way there, and yeah I know hearing their stupid three note fight songs is terrible but that's the point of having your own band. The crowd used to boo when they played, or our band would try to drown them out. The game I went to two weeks back UofM's band or our band barely even played during the game. Instead it's all audio, I guess that shit in the down time when there's commercial breaks used to add some entertainment value to the down time.

The way it is now, about two or three breaks in I noticed everyone in the stadium is sitting down. It's like watching the paint dry. They gotta figure out a way to keep the momentum going.

Also, I guess when I was a student there were games that weren't televised which helped shit move along really well. You'd actually see a good drive and the energy would build instead of stopping every three plays for a ****ing tv time out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-11-09, 15:19

DWags wrote:

Just stop it. It's a former player pissed off at the loss and asa 23 year old tweeting his anger out. relax, he's a Spartan sticking up for his teammates. Tweets, fans leaving early, people bitching at each other on message boards, it's the world you live in. Recruits choose MSU for many reasons, if they're making a choice for the above reasons, we're going to go back to the Muddy waters days. They might as well pick Michigan because of the helmets. Fuck em.

Should Kyle stick up for his teammates while not criticizing another part of his university? Sure, it would be great. But It's the first conference loss in 721 days and 14 straight conference games. I'm giving him some rope here. He's a great Spartan.

This argument would hold water if the bashing didn't take place so frequently.

So your excuse for Elsworth is he's 23? Ok, what's your excuse for everyone else? Again, the criticism takes place after every home football/basketball game on which MSU plays poorly(and even in ones when we play well).

The bashing is unfair and pathetic. It's getting old. Focus on real issues like making tackles or free throws. Quit using the student section for either sport as a smokescreen.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-09, 15:32

CrazySparty wrote:

So your excuse for Elsworth is he's 23? Ok, what's your excuse for everyone else? Again, the criticism takes place after every home football/basketball game on which MSU plays poorly(and even in ones when we play well).

The bashing is unfair and pathetic. It's getting old. Focus on real issues like making tackles or free throws. Quit using the student section for either sport as a smokescreen.
You're right.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 16:24

CrazySparty wrote:

Just stop, they're nameless faceless people. If, like you say, the fans don't matter and have no influence on the outcome, why are we so emotional.

Go Kyle, Go Green.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-11-09, 17:15

DWags wrote:

Just stop, they're nameless faceless people. If, like you say, the fans don't matter and have no influence on the outcome, why are we so emotional.

Go Kyle, Go Green.

Hollis is nameless? That's rich.

Btw, why didn't Kyle bother to criticize the worthless green-seaters? They abandoned ship much quicker than the students did. And I didn't see any red in the student section the way I did the rest of the stadium.

Kyle is just another MSU fan who prefers to use the student section as a scapegoat when the team plays poorly.

If MSU put as much energy into playing well as they did criticizing the student section, I'm not sure we'd ever lose another game.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 17:31

CrazySparty wrote:

Btw, why didn't Kyle bother to criticize the worthless green-seaters? They abandoned ship much quicker than the students did. And I didn't see any red in the student section the way I did the rest of the stadium.

Kyle is just another MSU fan who prefers to use the student section as a scapegoat when the team plays poorly.

If MSU put as much energy into playing well as they did criticizing the student section, I'm not sure we'd ever lose another game.

Hey whatever unifies the players I'm for. Go Kyler Ho Green.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-09, 17:49

CrazySparty wrote:

Is Kyle still on the team? Was he tweeting during the game?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 18:16

NigelUno wrote:

Is Kyle still on the team? Was he tweeting during the game?

It's not Kyle's fault anyway. I blame the student section completely for this loss.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-09, 18:23

DWags wrote:

It's not Kyle's fault anyway. I blame the student section completely for this loss.

Since when did students start wearing costumes? Is this the Izzone?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 19:31

NigelUno wrote:

Since when did students start wearing costumes? Is this the Izzone?

That's probably 9 point swing right there
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore 2014-11-09, 22:03

Twitter is a shitty place.
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-10, 09:15

so after a loss like that, a former players was whining about the... wait for it.. student section?

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-11-10, 10:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so after a loss like that, a former players was whining about the... wait for it.. student section?

Rolling Eyes

God forbid they call out Nardawg.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-11-10, 10:35

they should be calling themselves out for resembling this.

Ripping the student section has jumped the shark Swiss-Cheese

Worst defense I've seen in a big game from Nardawg.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-10, 11:07

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

God forbid they call out Nardawg.
I'm more concerned with the student section leaving early than the defense leaving early..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down