Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board

+6
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
Pervis Muldoon
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board Empty I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board

Post by Turtleneck 2021-12-17, 11:11

Eric Clapton wins legal case against woman selling bootleg CD on eBay for £8.45

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/eric-clapton-bootleg-cd-ebay-b1977471.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board Empty Re: I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-17, 11:18

Stop bragging about your long term memory, turtleneck.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board Empty Re: I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-12-17, 11:28

Clapton is overrated and he's a dumbass. Other than that, I have no issues with him.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-12-17, 11:36

kingstonlake wrote:Stop bragging about your long term memory, turtleneck.

It's better than my short-term memory.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-17, 11:43

Didn't he have a non-vaccinated concert recently? Like if you were vaxed you couldn't go...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-12-17, 11:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Didn't he have a non-vaccinated concert recently? Like if you were vaxed you couldn't go...

Do you think the vaxxed people showed up and protested like the non-vaxxed do when they can't go to Olive Garden? Is he the Olive Garden of musicians?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-17, 12:15

Had an affair with the wife of his “friend” George Harrison.
Oh yeah, there’s that who racist outburst at one of his shows years ago.
Pretty sure his action or inaction contributed to his son’s death, but I don’t remember what it was, then of course, he wrote that song about it and made a shit ton of money off his kid’s demise.

There’s more, but my long term memory can’t compete with Turtleneck’s, so I may add stuff later.
Fuck Eric Clapton.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-12-17, 12:22

tGreenWay wrote:Had an affair with the wife of his “friend” George Harrison.
Pretty sure his action or inaction contributed to his son’s death, but I don’t remember what it was, then of course, he wrote that song about it and made a shit ton of money off his kid’s demise.

There’s more, but my long term memory can’t compete with Turtleneck’s, so I may add stuff later.
Fuck Eric Clapton.

You left out the part about the chick I was banging in high school whose dad was a huge Eric Clapton fan but then she broke up with me so fuck him and fuck Eric Clapton.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-17, 12:22

tGreenWay wrote:Had an affair with the wife of his “friend” George Harrison. .

You had an affair with George Harrison’s wife greenway? That’s incredible
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-12-17, 12:50

Fuck Eric Clapton.

I didn't know much about Clapton when I started this thread, but a couple of comments in this thread piqued my interest. What a vile fuck.

He married Pattie Boyd in 1979, but their marriage was marred by his infidelities and domestic violence. In a 1999 interview with The Sunday Times, Clapton admitted to raping and abusing her while they were married and he was a "full-blown" alcoholic.[181]

On 5 August 1976, Clapton provoked an uproar and lingering controversy when he spoke out against increasing immigration during a concert in Birmingham.[187] Visibly intoxicated on stage, Clapton voiced his strong support for the right-wing British politician Enoch Powell.[188][189][190] He addressed the audience as follows:

Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white![191][192]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Clapton

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-12-17, 12:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

George Harrison's wife's name is greenway? What a coincidence!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-12-17, 16:53

Knock off Peter Green.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-17, 16:56

Motown Spartan wrote:

Fuck Eric Clapton.

You left out the part about the chick I was banging in high school whose dad was a huge Eric Clapton fan but then she broke up with me so fuck him and fuck Eric Clapton.

You told me that in confidence. It wasn’t my story to tell.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-17, 16:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

George Harrison’s wife’s name is greenway? What a coincidence.

Edit: I swear, Pervis, I hadn’t seen your post when I wrote the exact same thing. I remember there being some anti-Eric Clapton sentiment on this board 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-17, 17:02

Rocinante wrote:Knock off Peter Green.

If you’re soliciting for someone to knock off Peter Green, you probably shouldn’t be so public about it, Roc. Also, how much are you offering?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-17, 17:04

Turtleneck wrote:

Fuck Eric Clapton.

I didn't know much about Clapton when I started this thread, but a couple of comments in this thread piqued my interest. What a vile fuck.

He married Pattie Boyd in 1979, but their marriage was marred by his infidelities and domestic violence. In a 1999 interview with The Sunday Times, Clapton admitted to raping and abusing her while they were married and he was a "full-blown" alcoholic.[181]

On 5 August 1976, Clapton provoked an uproar and lingering controversy when he spoke out against increasing immigration during a concert in Birmingham.[187] Visibly intoxicated on stage, Clapton voiced his strong support for the right-wing British politician Enoch Powell.[188][189][190] He addressed the audience as follows:

Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white![191][192]

The rape admission is one I was somewhat familiar with but had forgotten. The racist rant is one I remember friends having had discussions about.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2021-12-17, 17:09

Turtleneck wrote:

Fuck Eric Clapton.

I only learned all this a few months ago, when he said some foul shit again. Amazed that I never heard it before. He's seriously fucking trash.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-17, 17:37

Yikes. I’m learning this in my 60th year. Wow
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-17, 17:53

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2905105/eric-clapton-covid-19-vaccine/
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down