Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mickey Mouse Wedding

+11
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
MSU addict
Nordic
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
aualum06
15 posters

Go down

Mickey Mouse Wedding  Empty Mickey Mouse Wedding

Post by aualum06 2022-06-06, 19:41

[tw]1533466143389892609?t=rJiW6Xwt8DAPgsNf-m20RQ&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Mickey Mouse Wedding  Empty Re: Mickey Mouse Wedding

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-06, 19:47

People are assholes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-06, 20:01

They’ll probably have kids too.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-06, 21:02

The people getting upset about this, along with the people getting upset at the people getting upset about this, are two more reasons why eloping is the best and most logical way to get married.

I’ll say this is about the newlyweds: The quote about how Disney is important both to them and to their marriage is just a weird statement, IMO. I know a couple other women who are oddly attached to Disney, and it comes across to me as a symptom of arrested development.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-06-06, 21:25

What did they do with the second 30-min session?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-06-06, 21:28

Nordic wrote:What did they do with the second 30-min session?

See the do Minnie and Mickey fuck Dwags thread
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Other Teams Pursuing That and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-06, 21:36

Little known fact, you pay for the second session, it's automatic oral either given to or received from mickey and minnie.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-06, 22:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Little known fact, you pay for the second session, it's automatic oral either given to or received from mickey and minnie.

But they keep their costumes on, right?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-06, 22:48

Wedding photos.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-06-07, 07:50

tGreenWay wrote:The people getting upset about this, along with the people getting upset at the people getting upset about this, are two more reasons why eloping is the best and most logical way to get married.

I’ll say this is about the newlyweds: The quote about how Disney is important both to them and to their marriage is just a weird statement, IMO. I know a couple other women who are oddly attached to Disney, and it comes across to me as a symptom of arrested development.

My niece still makes semi-annual trips to Disney World. I think she's 42. Other than that she seems kind of normal.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-06-07, 08:51

Disney is such an important part of their lives sounds like a tag line for Disney Theme Park ads.

If there is destination wedding, don’t expect everyone invited to attend and expect people to complain. The complainers will include people who attended, were invited but didn’t attend and those who got courtesy invites.

If you choose to open up about damned near everything on social media you are putting yourself out there for critics. Relatives and others.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-06-07, 08:58

GRR Spartan wrote:Disney is such an important part of their lives sounds like a tag line for Disney Theme Park ads.

If there is destination wedding, don’t expect everyone invited to attend and expect people to complain. The complainers will include people who attended, were invited but didn’t attend and those who got courtesy invites.

If you choose to open up about damned near everything on social media you are putting yourself out there for critics. Relatives and others.

Basic etiquette for centuries now has been feed your guests when you throw a wedding. The guests are giving you gifts, FFS, feed them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-07, 09:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Disney is such an important part of their lives sounds like a tag line for Disney Theme Park ads.

If there is destination wedding, don’t expect everyone invited to attend and expect people to complain.  The complainers will include people who attended, were invited but didn’t attend and those who got courtesy invites.

If you choose to open up about damned near everything on social media you are putting yourself out there for critics.  Relatives and others.

Basic etiquette for centuries now has been feed your guests when you throw a wedding. The guests are giving you gifts, FFS, feed them.

That etiquette is some bullshit since most gifts these days don’t even cover the cost of the food alone much less booze or any other incidentals.

I say if people want to have a goddamn cartoon mouse at their wedding then good for them. Not my thing, but hey, we’ve got way way way too many angry fucking assholes out there as is. If a mouse makes you happy then good on ya. Probably should do a better job of telling your guests what to expect ahead of time tho
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-06-07, 09:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

That etiquette is some bullshit since most gifts these days don’t even cover the cost of the food alone much less booze or any other incidentals.

I say if people want to have a goddamn cartoon mouse at their wedding then good for them. Not my thing, but hey, we’ve got way way way too many angry fucking assholes out there as is. If a mouse makes you happy then good on ya. Probably should do a better job of telling your guests what to expect ahead of time tho

OK fine. I could get onboard with do whatever you want as long it's clearly spelled out in the invitation that you are fucking nuts and are going to pay for two people to show up in furry costumes instead of feeding your guests. Then, people can decide not to be your friends.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-07, 09:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Probably should do a better job of telling your guests what to expect ahead of time tho

this is the key. If I got an invitation stating... Wedding! Disney! Resort! I would good god dammed need to be told ...Ceremony at 3, Mickey Visit from 4 to 6 then at that point you will be free to enjoy the park amenities at your own expense for the rest of the evening (or some shit)... That would help me make my mind up quick (unless it was close family of something.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-06-07, 14:44

The lack of meal for guests is odd when the explanation is they chose Mickey and Minnie in lieu of feeding the guests who showed up.

They are self-absorbed Disney fans to the point where neither they or their family(s) ever thought to give the guest $50 food vouchers to spend at one of the many restaurants.  

Having one bride I can tell you even if its not at a Disney Park there are times you have to say WTF.  Like you want Mickey and Minnie and your geusts should be fed so let's split the $5500 3 ways.  You two can have the mice and the guests will get vouchers if they didn't want catering.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-07, 15:01

By the way I should add that her aunt sounds like the biggest asshole of the bunch. If the timeline is correct, their wedding was 2 months ago, then a full month later the aunt is complaining on the internet about it? Get over it you batshit asshole.

I mean it though, I think it’s a broader problem in our society that people are constantly ready to rip strangers apart publicly for doing what they want to do. Maybe I’ve done it in the past but I want to be more mindful in the future. You want to be a crazy grown up Disney freak? You do you, I’m not going to judge. If I were invited to that wedding would I make a snide remark under my breath about it to my wife? Sure. Tell my secluded message board friends on a site no one reads the next day? Maybe. Make a Facebook post, much less still be thinking about it a month later? No. Come on. Get over it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-06-07, 15:16

Travis hitting the nail on the head
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-07, 15:22

If I’m reading it correctly there bride said “we travel to Disney as often as we can”. To me that indicates it’s not in the neighborhood and would require guests to incur travel costs.

Feed them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-06-07, 15:32

kingstonlake wrote:If I’m reading it correctly there bride said “we travel to Disney as often as we can”. To me that indicates it’s not in the neighborhood and would require guests to incur travel costs.

Feed them.

Do what you want but be up front that no meal will be provided
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-06-07, 15:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:By the way I should add that her aunt sounds like the biggest asshole of the bunch. If the timeline is correct, their wedding was 2 months ago, then a full month later the aunt is complaining on the internet about it? Get over it you batshit asshole.

I mean it though, I think it’s a broader problem in our society that people are constantly ready to rip strangers apart publicly for doing what they want to do. Maybe I’ve done it in the past but I want to be more mindful in the future. You want to be a crazy grown up Disney freak? You do you, I’m not going to judge. If I were invited to that wedding would I make a snide remark under my breath about it to my wife? Sure. Tell my secluded message board friends on a site no one reads the next day? Maybe. Make a Facebook post, much less still be thinking about it a month later? No. Come on. Get over it.

Agreed. My brother had a week long cruise (because his wife is afraid to fly:roll:would've been a deal breaker for me) to get married in Grand Cayman. What can I do, it's my brother. So $5k for cruise tix + plane tix to New Orleans to catch the boat + booze + etc. I hate cruises. You & 2k strangers standing in line for the next serving of free shitty food. The pools are a petri dish. tWife & I could've went to Europe for 2 weeks for that kind of $$$. I complained to tWife of course. And my step mom. And a few friends that would have no chance of getting back to him. And now tSwill.

tWife & I got married at Meadowbrook so most of my family in MI could attend. Most of my groomsmen had to fly in, so I paid for their tuxes. Gavie them all monogrammed flasks pre-filled with rum. I paid for the limo to hang around the entire event to provide hotel transport if necessary. I paid for valets to park cars. Open bar. Pre-dinner happy hour. 4 course sit down dinner. White glove/silver platter butlered White Castle late night snacks during the reception (this went over very bigly with everyone). Rehearsal dinner too of course.

They all took the time & expense to attend. I felt it was appropriate to give everyone an enjoyable experience. Mickey Mouse Wedding  2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-07, 15:44

aualum06 wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:If I’m reading it correctly there bride said “we travel to Disney as often as we can”. To me that indicates it’s not in the neighborhood and would require guests to incur travel costs.

Feed them.

Or more importantly drinks... no drinks provided.

Fuckers.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-07, 15:50

Heat Miser wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:By the way I should add that her aunt sounds like the biggest asshole of the bunch. If the timeline is correct, their wedding was 2 months ago, then a full month later the aunt is complaining on the internet about it? Get over it you batshit asshole.

Agreed. My brother had a week long cruise (because his wife is afraid to fly:roll:would've been a deal breaker for me) to get married in Grand Cayman. What can I do, it's my brother. So $5k for cruise tix + plane tix to New Orleans to catch the boat + booze + etc. I hate cruises. You & 2k strangers standing in line for the next serving of free shitty food. The pools are a petri dish. tWife & I could've went to Europe for 2 weeks for that kind of $$$. I complained to tWife of course. And my step mom. And a few friends that would have no chance of getting back to him. And now tSwill.

tWife & I got married at Meadowbrook so most of my family in MI could attend. Most of my groomsmen had to fly in, so I paid for their tuxes. Gavie them all monogrammed flasks pre-filled with rum. I paid for the limo to hang around the entire event to provide hotel transport if necessary. I paid for valets to park cars. Open bar. Pre-dinner happy hour. 4 course sit down dinner. White glove/silver platter butlered White Castle late night snacks during the reception (this went over very bigly with everyone). Rehearsal dinner too of course.

They all took the time & expense to attend. I felt it was appropriate to give everyone an enjoyable experience. Mickey Mouse Wedding  2599972566
You weren't 23 when this occurred....
I had a reception at a hall hooked to an airport. Mother in law wanted it, so they paid. I didn't give a shit and would have had the local KofC/Church hall. Don't remember the food. Was too poor for a honeymoon (until we opened our cards)...
It all worked out. (as I recall... was functionally drunk AND I got laid.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-06-07, 15:53

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Or more importantly drinks... no drinks provided.

Fuckers.

Fuckers is such a great word
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-06-07, 15:59

$50 voucher in Disney for food will get you 2 hot dogs and a pretzel.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-07, 16:13

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The people getting upset about this, along with the people getting upset at the people getting upset about this, are two more reasons why eloping is the best and most logical way to get married.

My niece still makes semi-annual trips to Disney World. I think she's 42. Other than that she seems kind of normal.

It just seems off to me. Does your 42-year-old niece still call her parents mommy and daddy?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-06-07, 16:21

I think there are a lot of assholes to choose from.  

FWIW, the person (not sure it is the bride - see below) said their aunt started saying she was disappointed about two weeks after the wedding.  I would be willing to bet that the aunt did so in response to the person  posting how it was the greatest wedding ever and everyone had such a great time (two weeks would be about right after the honeymoon). They still say in her reddit AITA post - "Everything was perfect, and I mean everything."  It may have been perfect for them, but clearly not for their guests.

I agree - you do you.  I have no problem if they want to invite the mice, even if they did so to the exclusion of dinner and drinks.  BUT when you invite people to celebrate with you there are certain expectations that fall within normal.  If you are going to deviate from those fine - but you have an obligation to clearly inform your guests beforehand. You should not be offended if they choose not to attend or choose not to give a gift.

What is up with the poster referring to their spouse as their "fiancee" (twice).  Fiancee (two ee's) would be a woman engaged to be married, but they also say "his parents."

FWIW, I doubt the wedding was in a Disney park.  That is well over $300/person for a dinner wedding.  I am thinking maybe Disney Springs.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2022-06-07, 16:39; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-07, 16:28

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

It just seems off to me. Does your 42-year-old niece still call her parents mommy and daddy?

My sister in law called her father daddy til the day he died. Gave me the hebbie jebbies. Even at the funeral.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-06-07, 16:34

Weddings are dumb and a colossal waste of time and money. If the wedding does not have free food or free booze (preferably both), then it does not have Cameron.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Nordic, kingstonlake and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-07, 16:52

That’s one of the points I was trying to make and the reasoning behind our elopement. People bitch about everything and someone is always able to make something of a perceived slight or minor problem at weddings. It could be seating or the bride couldn’t get the color flowers she’d hoped for, which becomes a memory that’s inexplicably held onto forever. We were very casual about our own plans and refused to let someone else mess up our day. We also asked for no gifts, but if they felt the need to give us something, to please donate to their own favorite local charity. Most people ignored that, which was nice of them, but not necessary or something we expected.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-06-07, 16:53

Cameron wrote:Weddings are dumb and a colossal waste of time and money. If the wedding does not have free food or free booze (preferably both), then it does not have Cameron.

If i ever get married it’ll be a destination wedding with immediate family and close friends. I do not feel the need for my 3rd cousin jimmy’s wife that I’ve seen twice in my life to be there on some average golf course in my hometown

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2022-06-07, 17:06; edited 3 times in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-06-07, 17:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I know, right?

They had vending machines.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-07, 17:30

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My sister in law called her father daddy til the day he died. Gave me the hebbie jebbies. Even at the funeral.

Yeah, it’s always struck me as odd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-07, 17:33

I have a feeling the newly weds played a fast one on the parents. She stated the parents gave money for “catering” and wanted them to be debt free. I’m pretty sure when the parents meant “debt free” they didn’t mean debt free from two Mickey and Minnie shows. The invitation apparently was pretty vague as to dinner. Probably as to not throw red flags at the parents paying for catering. So much so that a few in the family supported the complaining relative. The newlywed says the parents were “still supportive”. To me (and it’s just me) that tells me the parents weren’t aware they paid for Mickey and Minnie side shows and not catering…. but are still supportive after the fact. I’m getting the feeling more than few felt a little duped here.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2022-06-07, 17:34; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-07, 17:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:Weddings are dumb and a colossal waste of time and money. If the wedding does not have free food or free booze (preferably both), then it does not have Cameron.

If i ever get married it’ll be a destination wedding with immediate family and close friends. I do not feel the need for my 3rd cousin jimmy’s wife that I’ve seen twice in my life to be there on some average golf course in my hometown

Mickey Mouse Wedding  1550444538
Holy shit, this is breaking news. I mean, lead the networks top story breaking news. You’ve just admitted to being open to getting married after years of insisting it would never happen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-07, 17:36

Cameron. If I get married again it’ll be catered by “top tree”. Know what I’m sayin, bro?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-06-07, 17:42

tGreenWay wrote:

Holy shit, this is breaking news. I mean, lead the networks top story breaking news. You’ve just admitted to being open to getting married after years of insisting it would never happen.

I think you may be confusing that with having children? But who knows
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-06-07, 18:26

tGreenWay wrote:

I think you may be confusing that with having children? But who knows

He old OT. He old.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-07, 18:28

I've had debt from destination weddings last longer than the marriage.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-06-07, 20:28

Hey Chief? Unless your future wife is from your hometown, you ain't getting married in your hometown anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down