Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans

3 posters

Go down

MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans Empty MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans

Post by tGreenWay Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 17:08

Allegations of defamation and the players on which the story focuses were not consulted. A letter from their attorney states if the film goes forward, doing so may constitute malice of forethought, despite the lawyer’s admission none of the plaintiffs have seen the movie.

While I want to side with our Spartan brothers, a big part of me senses this lawsuit is a stretch. Not sure it’s a money grab because how much, if any, do producers expect to make? I do hope they find a satisfactory outcome.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/black-spartans-lawsuit-threat-ben-cory-jones-jimmy-raye-michigan-state-1235118822/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans Empty Re: MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans

Post by tGreenWay Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 17:27

btw, as far as I can tell, none of the producers have any connection to MSU.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans Empty Re: MSU FB legends sue to stop the release of the film Black Spartans

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 17:54

I can't see how this would succeed. It would grind all documentaries and docudramas to a halt. Like, Nixon might want to go back and stop "Frost vs. Nixon", or Bruno Hauptman might not like that he was painted as a baby snatcher.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 18:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't see how this would succeed. It would grind all documentaries and docudramas to a halt. Like, Nixon might want to go back and stop "Frost vs. Nixon", or Bruno Hauptman might not like that he was painted as a baby snatcher.

Right. Just because it’s unauthorized doesn’t mean it can’t be made and shown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:02

Could be the best football film since Remember the Titans.

Is the attorney office located in Ann Arbor?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down