Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

+12
GRR Spartan
Cameron
sεяεηιτλ
InTenSity
RQA
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

Post by Cameron 2022-09-17, 10:49

Gus, you seem like a nice enough guy, but God damn can you be an insufferable know-it-all when the mood strikes you.

"I've spent a number of weeks in Florida, let me lecture these people who actually live in Florida about how Florida in summer is not that hot compared to SE Michigan."

Maybe I'm just not getting it because I'm not an engineer...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-17, 12:23

Cameron wrote:Gus, you seem like a nice enough guy, but God damn can you be an insufferable know-it-all when the mood strikes you.

"I've spent a number of weeks in Florida, let me lecture these people who actually live in Florida about how Florida in summer is not that hot compared to SE Michigan."

Maybe I'm just not getting it because I'm not an engineer...

Well thanks, I guess.

Talking about what I observed while visiting in the summer for 25 years which if people were paying attention came down to my vists all being within 3 miles of Tampa Bay with the cooling effects of the water may seem as characterized, to me it as just data gathering and discussion.

Not much else to say. /s

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-09-19, 07:15; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-09-18, 19:31

If I were Biden(and I am not) I would wait until January-February when the Florida residential/commercial construction season is back after the holiday break and start raids on the concrete, sheetrock, roofing and landscape subcontractors who employ immigrants.

The DeSantos supporting developers and general contractors would go crazy as their workforce vaporizes.  Don’t know if the immigrants all have their paperwork in order but I was told by city engineers I know in Tampa and Tallahassee their best guess at least 50% were undocumented.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-19, 07:47

Been hearing from the talking heads that the labor shortage is due to strong immigration enforcement polices, which was predicted.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-09-19, 08:32

Trapper Gus wrote:Been hearing from the talking heads that the labor shortage is due to strong immigration enforcement polices, which was predicted.

In that case, Martha' Vineyard should be all set.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-09-19, 08:35

Trapper Gus wrote:Been hearing from the talking heads that the labor shortage is due to strong immigration enforcement polices, which was predicted.

The majority of the immigrants coming to this country wanting nothing more than a better life and a good job, jobs that appear to be readily available, and then we have assholes like Desantis doing nothing but making their lives miserable in order to score some points with his constituents, the same constituents that would rather not put in a hard days work.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-09-19, 10:25

Holy crap, what a scumbag.

[tw]1571849207174123522[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-19, 10:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:Holy crap, what a scumbag.

[tw]1571849207174123522[/tw]
he's a good christian and will carry Oscoda County.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-09-19, 17:27

My guess is if state governors from IL, NY, MA and DC’c mayor would impound the planes and busses used to transport then arrest/jail with $500K bail the bus drivers and pilots using human trafficking charges those hired for this political theater would start singing like canaries.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-09-19, 17:27

GRR Spartan wrote:If I were Biden(and I am not) I would wait until January-February when the Florida residential/commercial construction season is back after the holiday break and start raids on the concrete, sheetrock, roofing and landscape subcontractors who employ immigrants.

The DeSantos supporting developers and general contractors would go crazy as their workforce vaporizes.  Don’t know if the immigrants all have their paperwork in order but I was told by city engineers I know in Tampa and Tallahassee their best guess at least 50% were undocumented.

He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to Martha's Vineyard, you send one of his to Juárez. That's the Chicago way.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-09-20, 08:43

Who knows how far this will go: A Texas sheriff will investigate DeSantis' flight of migrants to Martha's Vineyard
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-20, 09:25

Jake from State Farm wrote:Who knows how far this will go: A Texas sheriff will investigate DeSantis' flight of migrants to Martha's Vineyard
my suspicion is that this sheriff is being appointed by the christian governor of Texas to {ahem} "investigate"... and, after an extensive investigation, he'll come away with a very public proclamation that there was absolutely nothing illegal about kidnapping and trafficking brown people and the mainstream media will have wall-to-wall coverage celebrating the newly-cleared kidnapping and trafficking of brown people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-20, 09:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Who knows how far this will go: A Texas sheriff will investigate DeSantis' flight of migrants to Martha's Vineyard
my suspicion is that this sheriff is being appointed by the christian governor of Texas to {ahem} "investigate"... and, after an extensive investigation, he'll come away with a very public proclamation that there was absolutely nothing illegal about kidnapping and trafficking brown people and the mainstream media will have wall-to-wall coverage celebrating the newly-cleared kidnapping and trafficking of brown people.

Maybe, but that Governor & DeSantis are both trying to be the Republican Presidential nominee in 2024.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-09-20, 10:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Maybe, but that Governor & DeSantis are both trying to be the Republican Presidential nominee in 2024.

along with trump who would like nothing better than to have desantis not run.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-20, 11:46

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and, as christian patriots, being able to now state that it's completely legal to kidnap and traffic brown people will make them the automatic front-runners.. then they'll just get to keep outdoing each other.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-20, 11:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's also worth mentioning that because America is a stupid (and racist) country, he'll be the next president.

oh, and I did say this (post #20) in reference to Little Hitler.

he's going to be the next president.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-20, 14:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's also worth mentioning that because America is a stupid (and racist) country, he'll be the next president.

oh, and I did say this (post #20) in reference to Little Hitler.

he's going to be the next president.

Well at least that will not be until 2029.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-09-20, 15:23

Democrats have handed the Republicans a lot of campaign material with their response to this situation. There are two options with regard to these migrants being bussed/flown to blue states. The best one is to welcome these migrants with open arms and show the world they aren’t a “problem”. Find them housing and food and try to get them work visas and eventual citizenship. And of course, encourage them to become Democrats. The other option is to bus or fly them back to Florida or Texas so they can be processed legally. But the worst thing Dems can do is complain. I’m sure Republicans have already used the videos of Democrats complaining in upcoming advertisements. It’s exactly what DeSantis and Abbott were hoping for.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-09-20, 15:34

PennSpartan wrote: But the worst thing Dems can do is complain.

I’m gonna assume you hit the send button on accident.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-20, 16:45

PennSpartan wrote:Democrats have handed the Republicans a lot of campaign material with their response to this situation. There are two options with regard to these migrants being bussed/flown to blue states. The best one is to welcome these migrants with open arms and show the world they aren’t a “problem”. Find them housing and food and try to get them work visas and eventual citizenship. And of course, encourage them to become Democrats. The other option is to bus or fly them back to Florida or Texas so they can be processed legally. But the worst thing Dems can do is complain. I’m sure Republicans have already used the videos of Democrats complaining in upcoming advertisements. It’s exactly what DeSantis and Abbott were hoping for.

Penn wrote:The best one is to welcome these migrants with open arms and show the world they aren’t a “problem”. Find them housing and food and try to get them work visas and eventual citizenship.
Which is what those communities have done, so your issue on this is?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-09-20, 16:51

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:Democrats have handed the Republicans a lot of campaign material with their response to this situation. There are two options with regard to these migrants being bussed/flown to blue states. The best one is to welcome these migrants with open arms and show the world they aren’t a “problem”. Find them housing and food and try to get them work visas and eventual citizenship. And of course, encourage them to become Democrats. The other option is to bus or fly them back to Florida or Texas so they can be processed legally. But the worst thing Dems can do is complain. I’m sure Republicans have already used the videos of Democrats complaining in upcoming advertisements. It’s exactly what DeSantis and Abbott were hoping for.

Penn wrote:The best one is to welcome these migrants with open arms and show the world they aren’t a “problem”. Find them housing and food and try to get them work visas and eventual citizenship.
Then they need to stop complaining about it. Do the job Texas isn’t, and make it into a political win.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-20, 16:55

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Then they need to stop complaining about it. Do the job Texas isn’t, and make it into a political win.

Planning to take Desantis to court because he is breaking the law is not complaining, Penn. It is called enforcing the law.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-09-20, 16:59

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Planning to take Desantis to court because he is breaking the law is not complaining, Penn. It is called enforcing the law.
Just once do me a favor and actually read what I wrote. They need to stop complaining. In public. Imagine if you were one of the migrants and you heard the mayor of NY or Chicago saying “this is horrible, they need to stop sending these people, we are overwhelmed”. Great public relations strategy (not).
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-09-20, 17:17

Just checking in to see if the guy who went on a week long complaining and cry-fest over student debt relief is telling democrats to quit complaining about human trafficking.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-20, 20:14

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/civil-rights-group-files-first-lawsuit-against-desantis-over-illegal-migrant-flights/ar-AA123zOR?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=71b0ed741fc241f4a7669b8981055784
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-22, 07:51

ICE is broken - it is full of anti-immigrant bastards.

Border Agents Keep Sending Immigrants To Wrong Addresses With Little Regard For How It Could Affect Their Court Cases

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adolfoflores/immigrants-border-wrong-addresses-shelter
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-22, 12:15

Police forces and military in our country at all levels are way too infiltrated with xenophobes, racists, and white nationalists. Like at a level way higher than in the general population.

I was watching the new Ken Burns thing “America and the Holocaust” last night and it was talking about how anti immigration  most (white) Americans were in the 1930s. I mean a lot had to do with the depression I’m sure but the numbers were staggering like 89% or something. Anyway a ton of Jews in Nazi occupied territories were trying to get here and the quota was keeping most of them out. (Including Ann Frank’s family for fuck’s sake). So Hitler was find of saying “at least we are honest about not wanting them, you’re hypocrites.” Which is exactly what DeSantis is saying. Probably Abbott too, I don’t know. It’s so fucking disgusting. Just like the IRS, Republicans have gutted the legal immigration system and then scream about its disfunction. They don’t want government to work, so they make sure it doesn’t. Then they use that as an excuse to demand more cuts. They fucking suck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-22, 15:25

Started watching that... way too many parallels.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-23, 07:56

I am avoiding it. Too many painful actions by the United States and others who might have done more. Not lifting the limit on allowing refugees into the United States being one that didn't happen. Seems like we have had this problem for a long time.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-23, 10:31

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? - Page 2 502811600
[tw]1583547264462913536?t=wCWr6fwn16iG8hsikozXsw&s=19[/tw]
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2