Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland

+2
Trapper Gus
steveschneider
6 posters

Go down

Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland  Empty Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-19, 20:38

"I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money or ratings. I won't be silent. I just saw it live"
Bret Bielema making a strong statement. Didn’t watch the OSU vs Maryland game but seeing a lot of whinging about the refs.

Sounds like a bad day for Big Ten refs.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland  Empty Re: Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-19, 20:42

The refs see what they expect to see, more a matter of the ability of refs to fool themselves than outright corruption.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland  Empty Re: Reffing UofM vs Illini and OSU vs Maryland

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-19, 20:58

Trapper Gus wrote:The refs see what they expect to see, more a matter of the ability of refs to fool themselves than outright corruption.

Bret is going to get fined and there’s one clip of a pretty bad missed call but missed calls happen. I didn’t watch the game so I can’t really comment but hoping some YouTuber makes a good video and on any reffing malfeasance if it happened.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-19, 22:05

Psychology 101
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-20, 09:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Psychology 101

It is a fact the refs missed a pick play at a crucial point in the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-20, 10:03

I don’t get when you clearly see the ball on the ground under a receiver and yet replay comes back and says complete. Just weird.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-20, 10:12

DWags wrote:I don’t get when you clearly see the ball on the ground under a receiver and yet replay comes back and says complete. Just weird.

The "replay" is clearly broken and needs to be fixed or thrown out. There are far too many obviously incorrect replay calls.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-20, 11:58

At the end of the day though bad calls are just a part of the game. I don't know if I buy Brett's claim that the fix was in but refs bad calls do impact outcomes.

Also, to go back to Pyschology 101 and bias UofM fans took to the media to whinge about the reffing when they lost to MSU last year...I doubt we hear Rich Eisen do another take about how bad the refs were in the Illinois game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-20, 12:48

UofM continually pull the "woe is me" PR crap.  Have to think it has an effect on the officials.

When the bad calls seeming decide the outcome of the game the coaches should bitch.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-20, 12:53

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-20, 13:07

Need to ref by committee with 2 fans from each time included.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-20, 16:15

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_match-fixing_incidents
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down