Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Scalise

+3
Trapper Gus
Cameron
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Steve Scalise  Empty Steve Scalise

Post by DWags Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:34 am

Did any reporter question him as to which states allow this?

[tw]1613180569654788102?s=46&t=XDqKlIIYuUbEb1cI4XpqSg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Steve Scalise  Empty Re: Steve Scalise

Post by Cameron Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:47 am

I wish I believed in Hell so that I could have some feeling that there are consequences to lying, but there so obviously are not any at all. Sadly, some people are still dumb enough to actually believe this kind of shit is true. Baffling, really.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:52 am

I cannot find anywhere that he retracts this with an "I misspoke" sort of walk back, nor can I find any defense of this statement explaining what he was trying to say.

Other than just having his head so far up the RWNJ echo chamber's ass why would he say this?

Does anyone know what he is trying to say?

I'm guessing he must be referring to this:

The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 (Pub. L. 108–105), 117 Stat. 1201, enacted November 5, 2003, 18 U.S.C. § 1531,[1] PBA Ban) is a United States law prohibiting a form of late termination of pregnancy called "partial-birth abortion", referred to in medical literature as intact dilation and extraction. Under this law, any physician "who, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly performs a partial-birth abortion and thereby kills a human fetus shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both". The law was enacted in 2003, and in 2007 its constitutionality was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart.

This statute prohibits a method of abortion; the statute calls the prohibited method "partial birth abortion". The procedure described in the statute is used in the second trimester, from 15 to 26 weeks, most of which occurs before viability. The law itself contains no reference to gestational age or viability. The statute is directed only at a method of abortion, rather than at preventing any woman from obtaining an abortion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Abortion_Ban_Act

Pretty sure that this law hasn't made much difference.

In response to this statute, many abortion providers have adopted the practice of inducing fetal demise before beginning late-term abortions. Typically, a solution of potassium chloride or digoxin is injected directly into the fetal heart using ultrasound to guide the needle. This is often done by providers who do not perform intact dilation and extraction procedures (as well as by those who do) because they feel the broad wording of the ban compels them "to do all they can to protect themselves and their staff from the possibility of being accused"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:24 am

Cameron wrote:I wish I believed in Hell so that I could have some feeling that there are consequences to lying, but there so obviously are not any at all. Sadly, some people are still dumb enough to actually believe this kind of shit is true. Baffling, really.

Remember when Steve Scalise got shot and people felt sorry for him? Almost makes you wish...
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Cameron, DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:38 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Cameron wrote:I wish I believed in Hell so that I could have some feeling that there are consequences to lying, but there so obviously are not any at all. Sadly, some people are still dumb enough to actually believe this kind of shit is true. Baffling, really.

Remember when Steve Scalise got shot and people felt sorry for him? Almost makes you wish...

During Covid he had the medical community on blast, always questioning their expertise, etc. Almost like it was not a bunch of doctors who saved his life. Next time he is seriously wounded he can call his cousin Alvin the swamp logger to fix him. He is an ungrateful loser.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:28 pm

And there was talk that Scalise might be the best alternative to McCarthy as Speaker. Yikes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:27 pm

Steve Scalise spent months in hospital after being shot at a baseball practice for the annual Democrats vs GOP game by some guy who drove 100's of miles to shoot at the GOP team.  Yet he's still one of the GOP's biggest guns rights promoters.

Why do you expect him to be logical about anything?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down