Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU +3 @ Indiana

+10
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
RQA
gomersbro
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
NigelUno
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MSU +3 @ Indiana - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU +3 @ Indiana

Post by DWags Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:06 pm

My familiar bitch. We have 10 scholarship players. And yet as soon as we see a second foul in the first half or a third in the second half it’s an automatic trigger. Player coming out. Honestly, watch our bench during games. Coaches don’t even look at players and nod. A player just pops up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:20 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Damn... Kohler exposed freshman gunna fresh.

Love his offense. Defense is still a work in progress (which I think is why he was in late). Akins played well. Gonna be a dog fight all year for the 2, 3, 4 spots in the league.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:38 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:We lose when we slow down the pace.

Shooting poorly from 3 is almost always bad MSU
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:56 pm

I think we’ll finish somewhere between 2nd and 9th place.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:22 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I think we’ll finish somewhere between 2nd and 9th place.

Bold.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:53 pm

DWags wrote:My familiar bitch. We have 10 scholarship players. And yet as soon as we see a second foul in the first half or a third in the second half it’s an automatic trigger. Player coming out. Honestly, watch our bench during games. Coaches don’t even look at players and nod. A player just pops up.

Big difference between Hoggard/Akins and Holloman/Brooks.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:05 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:My familiar bitch. We have 10 scholarship players. And yet as soon as we see a second foul in the first half or a third in the second half it’s an automatic trigger. Player coming out. Honestly, watch our bench during games. Coaches don’t even look at players and nod. A player just pops up.

What was the run Indiana went on after the automatic pull of Hoggard in the first half when he got his second? Did they gain about 10 points on us?

If so, here is my question: Is it really worth losing 10 points vs. saving Hoggard from a third foul in the first half? I really don't know, maybe it is. To me, it killed us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:36 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What was the run Indiana went on after the automatic pull of Hoggard in the first half when he got his second? Did they gain about 10 points on us?

If so, here is my question: Is it really worth losing 10 points vs. saving Hoggard from a third foul in the first half? I really don't know, maybe it is. To me, it killed us.

We were up 7. Hoggard jumped into a guy shooting a 3 and picked up a foul. Made 2 FTs.

So +5 when he checked out. -5 at halftime.

21-16 when Hoggard went to the bench. We actually increased the lead to 25-16. Then IU went on a 10 point run.

We had stretches in there with 3 (and even 4) starters on the bench. Can't have both Hoggard and Walker on the bench at the same time. And Sissoko was sitting through a lot of that. Finding out what works (or doesn't) is OK in January. This is where missing Hall is hurting us big time.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:44 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

We were up 7. Hoggard jumped into a guy shooting a 3 and picked up a foul. Made 2 FTs.

21-16 when Hoggard went to the bench. We actually increased the lead to 25-16. Then IU went on a 10 point run.

We had stretches in there with 3 (and even 4) starters on the bench. Can't have both Hoggard and Walker on the bench at the same time. And Sissoko was sitting through a lot of that. Finding out what works (or doesn't) is OK in January. This is where missing Hall is hurting us big time.

Would have thought that will Hall already having been out for a few weeks that the rotations without Hall would have been set. Sometimes I hate the analytic moves that playing "money ball" strategies cause coaches to make.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:07 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Would have thought that will Hall already having been out for a few weeks that the rotations without Hall would have been set. Sometimes I hate the analytic moves that playing "money ball" strategies cause coaches to make.

To be fair, Hoggard wasn't exactly lighting it up in the 1st half (and committed a ridiculous foul to put him on the bench). Gotta find out who can play. Best time to do it is now. We have guys that are going to need to play around 35 minutes every game. They better figure out how to stay in games.

And this just in...IU is good (although the guy hitting 3s was putting up some prayers).

I like that Kohler is getting additional minutes when Joey takes a break.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 am

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

To be fair, Hoggard wasn't exactly lighting it up in the 1st half (and committed a ridiculous foul to put him on the bench). Gotta find out who can play. Best time to do it is now. We have guys that are going to need to play around 35 minutes every game. They better figure out how to stay in games.

And this just in...IU is good (although the guy hitting 3s was putting up some prayers).

I like that Kohler is getting additional minutes when Joey takes a break.

It must be frustrating as a coach to have players who run hot and cold like that. Maybe making too much of the fan frustration with the "two fouls" rule.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:05 am

I don’t think Izzo has much confidence in Walker running the point.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2