Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative..

+11
Pervis Muldoon
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
TravelinMan
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
DWags
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
RQA
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Go down

Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. Empty Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-21, 08:15

they use the n-word behind closed doors to their friends and families.

you're welcome.

Keep showing empathy and compassion and allow the racist, bigots to keep amplify who they are for us decent people. Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. Empty Re: Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative..

Post by RQA 2023-02-22, 05:53

"Many go woke for the moral cloak"

- E.M.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. Empty Re: Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative..

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-22, 07:22

RQA is anti-woke, for the choke (on Donald Trump’s dick)

- M.S.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-22, 08:17

I don’t know what “woke” is. But I do know it seems draw the ire of people who fit a specific profile.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-22, 08:22

kingstonlake wrote:I don’t know what “woke” is. But I do know it seems draw the ire of people who fit a specific profile.
I'm not entirely sure what it is, either - but the people who use it are the same ones who have a character flaw that allows them to lack empathy, compassion, decency and a basic care for humanity. That's really all I need to know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-22, 08:49

kingstonlake wrote:I don’t know what “woke” is. But I do know it seems draw the ire of people who fit a specific profile.

I refer you to the OP.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-22, 09:50

I refer you to the second poster. One who is obviously triggered by it. Wonder why? Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-02-22, 09:57

DWags wrote:

I refer you to the second poster.

Did the 2nd poster so triggered by the word that he started a thread about it? Was the 2nd poster so emotional about it that he brought the n-word into the discussion?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-22, 10:01

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Did the 2nd poster so triggered by the word that he started a thread about it? Was the 2nd poster so emotional about it that he brought the n-word into the discussion?

I think you were so triggered and emotional that you may have left a word out of your first sentence. Clean it up a bit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-22, 10:08

Whatever happened to "To each their own" and "Live and let live"?

Isn't that the core of the "small government" ideal?

Today's Rs are 100% opposite of that.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

TravelinMan, DWags, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-22, 10:30

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

I take it back, you hardly seem triggered at all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-22, 10:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:they use the n-word behind closed doors to their friends and families.

you're welcome.

Keep showing empathy and compassion and allow the racist, bigots to keep amplify who they are for us decent people. Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 969504605

This is the quality content that keeps me coming back. God bless you Bob.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-22, 11:43

RQA wrote:"Many go woke for the moral cloak"

- E.M.

Elon isn't exactly known for his biting and visionary social commentary.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-22, 11:44

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:they use the n-word behind closed doors to their friends and families.

you're welcome.

This is the quality content that keeps me coming back. God bless you Bob.
you're welcome. Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 969504605

also, while you're telling god to bless me, tell him to ask his followers to stop celebrating the murder of children, dude. Unless that's too 'woke'.

Thanks, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-03-09, 08:57

The biggest thing holding republicans back is that they love to convince themselves that they are in fact immensely popular when all of the evidence out there is to the contrary. It’s like they go down to the moose lodge, find out the 7 guys there agree with them, so they assume the rest of the country does too and then they pursue wildly unpopular things instead of trying to appeal to more people than just the guys down at the moose

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/08/gop-war-woke-most-americans-see-term-positive-ipsos-poll/11417394002/
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-03-09, 09:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The biggest thing holding republicans back is that they love to convince themselves that they are in fact immensely popular when all of the evidence out there is to the contrary. It’s like they go down to the moose lodge, find out the 7 guys there agree with them, so they assume the rest of the country does too and then they pursue wildly unpopular things instead of trying to appeal to more people than just the guys down at the moose

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/08/gop-war-woke-most-americans-see-term-positive-ipsos-poll/11417394002/

The GOP had two choices. They could have done the hard work of remaking the party to give it a broader appeal in an increasingly diverse country, ideologically and demographically. Alternatively, they could double down on social conservatism, manufacture one cultural issue after another to keep a smaller base intact and attract new extremists, and cling to power using whatever means necessary, legal or otherwise. They picked the latter, which was the lazy way out. Of the two, it required less work and short-term sacrifice. The party does not have popular appeal, and they are willing to overturn everything good a decent to ensure it remains competitive. Unfortunately, since the public has been convinced that we need political institutions that preserve the two-party system, only one other party can stop this rather than having additional parties to dilute the GOP's extremism.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-03-09, 09:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The biggest thing holding republicans back is that they love to convince themselves that they are in fact immensely popular when all of the evidence out there is to the contrary. It’s like they go down to the moose lodge, find out the 7 guys there agree with them, so they assume the rest of the country does too and then they pursue wildly unpopular things instead of trying to appeal to more people than just the guys down at the moose

A MAGA friend of mine constantly uses the word "everyone" when telling me what he thinks. Everyone knows the election was stolen, everyone hates Kamala, everyone knows masks don't work, etc. Today's technology allows him to receive only the information that reinforces his views and only the opinions of like-minded people, so he thinks everyone shares those views.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-03-09, 10:23

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

A MAGA friend of mine constantly uses the word "everyone" when telling me what he thinks. Everyone knows the election was stolen, everyone hates Kamala, everyone knows masks don't work, etc. Today's technology allows him to receive only the information that reinforces his views and only the opinions of like-minded people, so he thinks everyone shares those views.

He probably also considers "they say" as experts in their field.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-03-09, 13:58

They are immensely popular with a certain segment. The hilarious thing is the base may be racist, but they’re also populist. Trump knows this which is why he’s hard doubling down on saving SS and Medicare. The extreme right is moving closer and closer to my positions on entitlements. It’s great! Now if we can only get them to stop goose stepping all over the place….
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-09, 17:37

Republican voters do not believe than things can be made better via mankind's efforts, and are voting to kill us all off as quickly as possible.

There is no reasoning with this insanity.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-03-10, 00:44

Rocinante wrote:They are immensely popular with a certain segment. The hilarious thing is the base may be racist, but they’re also populist. Trump knows this which is why he’s hard doubling down on saving SS and Medicare. The extreme right is moving closer and closer to my positions on entitlements. It’s great! Now if we can only get them to stop goose stepping all over the place….

Unfortunately, Trump's only legislative priority when he was president was an anti-populist corporate tax cut. It would be helpful if he'd actually be a populist and push for single-payer healthcare, too. He's the one person who could get it done because congressional Republicans would be too scared to oppose him.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-03-10, 09:46

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Unfortunately, Trump's only legislative priority when he was president was an anti-populist corporate tax cut.

And this is where he is the uber-Republican... Lip service and crumbs to the voters, only REAL push gives fat cash to the wealthy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-03-10, 10:12

Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 2b06b3a798056c9fce92c409d27871b7
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-03-10, 12:40

The reason the GOP and DeSantis are using "woke" is because its easy to say and is a one size fits all buzz word by anyone who doesn't have or doesn't want facts to disagree.

Ask anyone including politicians what they mean by woke and they will talk in circles because they can't explain it.  

Its the 2023 Critical Race Theory which was used as lighter fluid to get folks to school board meetings but when asked to define CRT or explain why it was dangerous they didn’t know and got their desire to re-write history exposed.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2023-03-10, 14:28; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-10, 14:00

GRR Spartan wrote:The reason the GOP and DeSantis are using "woke" is because its easy to say and is a one size fits all buzz word by anyone who doesn't have or doesn't want facts to disagree.

Ask anyone including politicians what they mean by woke and they will talk in circles because they can't explain it.  

Its the 2023 Critical Race Theory which was used as lighter fluid to get folks to school board meetings but when asked to define CRT or explain why it was dangerous they din't know who got their desire to re-write history exposed.

Conservatives are changing the meaning of words like "Woke" & "CTR" and then pointing at places they were used with their former meaning as threats.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-03-10, 22:06

[tw]1634389642333003776[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-03-10, 22:42

Does the P in GOP stand for projection?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-15, 06:09

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR7yDh6B/
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-03-15, 12:36

Conservative author struggles to define woke.

https://www.newsweek.com/bethany-mandel-conservative-author-define-woke-viral-clip-video-1787844
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-03-15, 12:42

GRR Spartan wrote:Conservative author struggles  to define woke.

https://www.newsweek.com/bethany-mandel-conservative-author-define-woke-viral-clip-video-1787844
they struggle to define it because, as I outlined in this thread, it's not exactly socially acceptable (among decent people, anyway) to use the "n-word".

but you know they want to use it. Bad.

of course, the could substitute things like "lazy", "good for nothing", "leaches", "welfare queens", etc - but they also know that their brand of racism and bigotry is no longer widely accepted in civilized society.

and, to be clear, their cute little term "woke" isn't limited to race. It's in reference to anything or anyone who wants to treat others with the dignity and respect that we all deserve.

perhaps if we had more people asking these miscreants to define "woke", they'd crawl back to the the caves they belong in. This lady conducting the interview did a great job. We need more of that from the media.

(I won't hold my breath).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-15, 12:45

Their definition is anything that limits white privilege, but they will not say that out loud..
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-17, 08:59

[tw]1636457701868707862[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-03-19, 17:59

Newsweek magazine gives the whiny woman who can't define "woke" (without using the n-word or other racist, bigoted demeaning language) an opportunity to whine even more in an op-ed. Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link below

https://www.newsweek.com/define-woke-bethany-mandel-conservative-book-1788538
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-19, 18:05

Seems like she’s asking people to have a little bit of empathy for her in her time of need and vulnerability. Or rather, asking people to be woke for her.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-03-20, 11:31

Motown Spartan wrote:Seems like she’s asking people to have a little bit of empathy for her in her time of need and vulnerability. Or rather, asking people to be woke for her.
I'd really like to feel empathy and compassion for you.. but that would make me "woke". Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative.. 502811600

the cornerstone of the modern conservative movement is whiny, privileged victimhood. At every single turn, that is literally all they know how to do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-03-23, 10:09

Is the GOP "War on Woke" to Keep Racial & Queer Minorities “In Their Place?”

Why are Republicans proudly waging a “War on Woke”? First, some background.

In 1938, Lead Belly sang a song about the “Scottsboro Boys,” a group of young Black men and boys who were falsely charged with rape and sentenced to the death penalty in Alabama in 1931. In the song, he talks about meeting the Scottsboro defendants, saying:

“I made this little song about down there. So I advise everybody, be a little careful when they go along through there — best stay woke, keep your eyes open.”

The phrase had a major revival in the Black community, as NBC News notes, in 2014 after Michael Brown was murdered by Ferguson, Missouri white police officer Darren Wilson. “Stay woke” meant “keep an eye out for white cops who want to kill you” and to stay alert to and aware of other aspects of structural racism in American society.

During the Trump administration, white supremacists began trashing the use of the word, eventually including within its scope the queer community as well as Black people. Today, when Republicans use the word as an epithet, they’re specifically referring to these minorities and people who defend their right to live safely and unmolested by bigots and racists.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-03-23, 11:02

Jake from State Farm wrote:Is the GOP "War on Woke" to Keep Racial & Queer Minorities “In Their Place?”

Why are Republicans proudly waging a “War on Woke”? First, some background.

In 1938, Lead Belly sang a song about the “Scottsboro Boys,” a group of young Black men and boys who were falsely charged with rape and sentenced to the death penalty in Alabama in 1931. In the song, he talks about meeting the Scottsboro defendants, saying:

“I made this little song about down there. So I advise everybody, be a little careful when they go along through there — best stay woke, keep your eyes open.”

The phrase had a major revival in the Black community, as NBC News notes, in 2014 after Michael Brown was murdered by Ferguson, Missouri white police officer Darren Wilson. “Stay woke” meant “keep an eye out for white cops who want to kill you” and to stay alert to and aware of other aspects of structural racism in American society.

During the Trump administration, white supremacists began trashing the use of the word, eventually including within its scope the queer community as well as Black people. Today, when Republicans use the word as an epithet, they’re specifically referring to these minorities and people who defend their right to live safely and unmolested by bigots and racists.
exactly, hence my initial post after the thread title" Public Service Announcement: When Someone Uses The Word "Woke" As A Pejorative:

"they use the n-word behind closed doors to their friends and families".

I'd like to remind y'all that you get my assessments here for free. I'm happy to do it. It certainly beats waiting around for the pointy-headed psuedo-intellectual elitists of the mainstream media to dispense their thoughts. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down