Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Moms For Liberty"

+11
sεяεηιτλ
aualum06
DWags
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Cameron
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
TravelinMan
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Moms For Liberty" Empty "Moms For Liberty"

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 12:07

first of all, anytime republicans/libertarians have to use words like "freedom" and "liberty" as descriptors, rest assured that they believe in the exact opposite of "freedom" and "liberty".

secondly, you also be pretty confident that there are, at the very least, some Hitler/Nazi undertones to their republican/libertarian message.

then there is "Moms For Liberty"... "Moms For Liberty" 502811600

The Hamilton County chapter of Moms for Liberty, a national organization recently listed as an "extremist group" by a civil rights watchdog, introduced its first newsletter Wednesday, The Parent Brigade. Adolf Hitler was quoted on its front cover.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

"Moms For Liberty" Empty Re: "Moms For Liberty"

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-22, 12:20

Never trust parents. They're the worst.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 12:23

TravelinMan wrote:Never trust parents.  They're the worst.
they really are.

then you factor in the ones who celebrate Hitler and it becomes exponential.

on the upside, I bet they would say that they worked hard to get to where they are in life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-22, 12:42

Seems like they were just being honest about who they admire but now they aren't
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 12:43

it should also be noted that one of republican/libertarian recent heroes, Robert J Kennedy Jr., is speaking at the "Moms For Liberty" national summit.

if you're wondering why, ya know, republicans/libertarians suddenly love him so much. "Moms For Liberty" 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-22, 13:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it should also be noted that one of republican/libertarian recent heroes, Robert J Kennedy Jr., is speaking at the "Moms For Liberty" national summit.

if you're wondering why, ya know, republicans/libertarians suddenly love him so much. "Moms For Liberty" 502811600

Republicans and Libertarians love a Democratic candidate? Amazeballs.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-06-22, 13:15

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it should also be noted that one of republican/libertarian recent heroes, Robert J Kennedy Jr., is speaking at the "Moms For Liberty" national summit.

Republicans and Libertarians love a Democratic candidate?  Amazeballs.

I think we can all agree he's masquerading as a Democrat in much the same way as Bredo Morstoel is masquerading as TravlinMan
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-22, 13:27

kingstonlake wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I think we can all agree he's masquerading as a Democrat in much the same way as Bredo Morstoel is masquerading as TravlinMan

"Moms For Liberty" 5051c9b6d6d47ebbe6a2cd387a1fb32b
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-06-22, 14:33

People claiming to be for liberty are out here quoting Hitler. That is some serious stupid.

Anyway, Let's Go Bredo! Can somebody tell me who Bredo is?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-06-22, 14:36

Over/Under on the total number of "live, love, laugh" signs owned by all these people. I say 16.

[tw]1671934664473460736?s=20[/tw]

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 14:47

kingstonlake wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

"Moms For Liberty" 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 14:48

Turtleneck wrote:Over/Under on the total number of "live, love, laugh" signs owned by all these people. I say 16.

[tw]1671934664473460736?s=20[/tw]

jesus, that's a scary looking bunch. Makes my skin crawl.

and, yes, as proud republicans/libertarians, they know exactly what they're doing when they quote Hitler.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-22, 14:49

In my local school district, 3 MoL endorsed candidates won 3 seats of the 4 running in Nov 22. The 4th was an incumbent who is a “conservative/libertarian” who shares many of the MoL’s views but didn’t ask for their endorsement.

The 3 MoL endorsed ran a well organized campaign including signage with all 3 named on one sign and individual signs.  Many signs were yards that also had governor, AG, Sec of State, state rep and congressional candidates that were “Trump endorsed”.  Based on the homes that also had South Christian Sailor and elementary Christian schools signs, it appeared that was also a targeted vote.  

What better way to eviscerate the public schools than to get control of the school boards with the support of MoL and the GOP that want to expand charter schools and vouchers for everyone to be directed to schools even if they are parochial schools.

Look what’s happening to public schools in Florida and other states where MoL has gotten control of local boards.

Next stop?  Michississippi.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 14:59

GRR Spartan wrote:In my local school district, 3 MoL endorsed candidates won 3 seats of the 4 running in Nov 22. The 4th was an incumbent who is a “conservative/libertarian” who shares many of the MoL’s views but didn’t ask for their endorsement.

The 3 MoL endorsed ran a well organized campaign including signage with all 3 named on one sign and individual signs.  Many signs were yards that also had governor, AG, Sec of State, state rep and congressional candidates that were “Trump endorsed”.  Based on the homes that also had South Christian Sailor and elementary Christian schools signs, it appeared that was also a targeted vote.  

What better way to eviscerate the public schools than to get control of the school boards with the support of MoL and the GOP that want to expand charter schools and vouchers for everyone to be directed to schools even if they are parochial schools.

Look what’s happening to public schools in Florida and other states where MoL has gotten control of local boards.

definitely sucks that the white nationalist republican/libertarians are intent on controlling school boards in certain areas. It can be easy to lose sight of, but I get that living in my East Lansing bubble isn't representative of the entire state. Ugh.

at least our state is controlled by decent folks in the Govs, AG and SoS offices, along with both chambers of the state legislature. Hopefully their steadfast presence and genuine decency can do something to suspend the christian nationalist madness in our great state.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-22, 15:09

GRR Spartan wrote:In my local school district, 3 MoL endorsed candidates won 3 seats of the 4 running in Nov 22. The 4th was an incumbent who is a “conservative/libertarian” who shares many of the MoL’s views but didn’t ask for their endorsement.

Had the same thing happen in the Saline school board election but with opposite results. They screwed up by being obviously a slate and it wasn't too hard for the voters to decide they didn't need a politicized board. The board has both a conservative member and a gay member. They seem to be able to stay focused on what is best for all the students without having Koch Industries funding their elections.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-06-22, 15:25

Quoting Hitler is basically always a stupid thing to do, and I have very little interest in defending anything to do with Moms for Liberty, but as I understand it, the point they thought they were trying to make was that Hitler wanted to control children to control the future, so I think they were kind of obliquely trying to compare wokeness and the education in general to Hitler.

But carry on with the kneejerk "omg they quoted Hitler because they love Hitler" takes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-22, 15:32

Cameron wrote:Quoting Hitler is basically always a stupid thing to do, and I have very little interest in defending anything to do with Moms for Liberty, but as I understand it, the point they thought they were trying to make was that Hitler wanted to control children to control the future, so I think they were kind of obliquely trying to compare wokeness and the education in general to Hitler.

But carry on with the kneejerk "omg they quoted Hitler because they love Hitler" takes.

Was that their motivation, makes sense I guess.

My reaction was that was their goal, to control what the children learn. Former Speaker Paul Ryan said not to long ago that the Republicans were losing the younger voters due to what they were learning at school.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-06-22, 15:52

What is it with these idiots and their13 star flags... I'm assuming there's some sort of meaning but why? Are they really trying to assert oppression and their sacrifice against the struggles against....
Fuck I dont know.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

This Is The Way likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-22, 16:03

kingstonlake wrote:What is it with these idiots and their13 star flags... I'm assuming there's some sort of meaning but why? Are they really trying to assert oppression and their sacrifice against the struggles against....
Fuck I dont know.
trying to figure out why whiny republican/libertarian white christian nationalists do what they do is an exercise in futility.

as long as you understand that everything they do is rooted in racism, bigotry, christianity, hate and misogyny, you'll understand everything you need to know about them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-22, 17:39

Are school boards like the equivalent of a HOA to breeders? They sound awful.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-22, 18:34

TravelinMan wrote:Are school boards like the equivalent of a HOA to breeders? They sound awful.

Not to up on HOA's other than mostly I hear they have to recruit people to be on them, at least that is my impression.

School boards where I have lived in Michigan are a step above that, generally there are enough people that want to be on them that elections are mostly between two or more people per opening.

Motivation for people running for school board positions are usually their kids, meaning they have kids in the system. Another motivation is being on the school board can be the first step in a local pollical career.

The MOL shit is a national thing funded by the usual right wing nut job billionaires.

Not sure of their motivation? To build a base of voter mailing lists to use in other elections perhaps?

There have been a number of stories about a small number of MOL's sending book banning requests to multiple school boards either all over one state or all over the nation. Also, stories about MOL disrupting school board meeting where they don't even have children in the schools.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-23, 09:47

For decades, conservatives have used local school boards as a stepping stone for their political bench, and as a way to implement their ideas at the local level. More recently, the right wing has used public education to stoke fears about liberal indoctrination of children for political advantage. The right’s antidote is a war on public education, with the takeover of school boards across the country part of the agenda to cripple it from within.

There hasn’t been much of a counteroffensive to this strategy to date. But a new campaign from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) seeks to fill this gap. PCCC has launched the “Save Our School Boards” campaign, to give progressive candidates the tools they need to not only stand up to right-wing extremism, but also to learn how to run successful campaigns and implement a progressive agenda.

The campaign, which was launched this morning, aims to support over 200 school board candidates with financial resources and training. The PCCC “aims to raise $450,000 for the program, which will guide first-time school board candidates through gathering petition signatures, creating a campaign plan, budgeting, and building a grassroots army,” according to its press release. The campaign is set to run through 2024.

https://prospect.org/education/2023-06-23-progressives-campaign-school-board-seats/

I am totally against turning school boards into political battle grounds, however, if the Republicans are going to ignore my wishes I am all in on the Democratics fighting back.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-06-23, 10:41

Klueless Klucking Karens.
MoL should be treated as a terrorist organization. The 'mother' who had the book with the poem in it removed or moved to a different part of the school down here in Miami is part of this organization. Fortunately there is starting to be push back. The last school board meeting down here people were flat out calling them nazi's or fascists and being very forceful that only autocrats want to ban books. Or something like that. Anyway, like it was mentioned above, they are being financed by billionaires.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and This Is The Way like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-23, 10:50

InTenSity wrote:Klueless Klucking Karens.
MoL should be treated as a terrorist organization. The 'mother' who had the book with the poem in it removed or moved to a different part of the school down here in Miami is part of this organization. Fortunately there is starting to be push back. The last school board meeting down here people were flat out calling them nazi's or fascists and being very forceful that only autocrats want to ban books. Or something like that. Anyway, like it was mentioned above, they are being financed by billionaires.

That financing probably is just a way to try to rally support for Trump and other things that the wealthy disruptors want.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-23, 11:13

Southern Poverty Law Center classifies them as a 'hate group', which is a good start. I mean, when you're quoting Hitler in your newsletter, it's not exactly a leap for the SPLC.

once they start murdering people, we can hopefully classify them as the terrorist organization that they undoubtedly aspire to become.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

This Is The Way likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-23, 17:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Southern Poverty Law Center classifies them as a 'hate group', which is a good start. I mean, when you're quoting Hitler in your newsletter, it's not exactly a leap for the SPLC.

once they start murdering people, we can hopefully classify them as the terrorist organization that they undoubtedly aspire to become.

With the Proud Boys & the Oath Keepers taking this up as their latest outrage it won't be all that long.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-26, 11:21

more republicans/libertarians praising Hitler, how he handled education and how they need to do the same:

“If you don't control education, you cannot control the future. And Stalin knew that, Mao knew that, Hitler knew that. We have to get that back for conservative values."

saw the video. Not sure who it was, but it was at some pro-"personal freedom" rally called "Road To Majority" and on a mainstream media network called "RSBN".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-06-26, 15:21

Is all media "mainstream" to you?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-26, 15:26

Cameron wrote:Is all media "mainstream" to you?
the ones that appeal to the lowest common denominator - which is most of America - are.

so, generally speaking, yes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-06-26, 15:30

That's dumb. I had to Google RSBN, and it turns out to be a YouTube channel. Not any normal person's definition of mainstream media. If the modifier "mainstream" serves literally no purpose, it is a waste of time and energy to append it to literally every instance of the word "media." Just say "media."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-26, 15:46

Cameron wrote:That's dumb. I had to Google RSBN, and it turns out to be a YouTube channel. Not any normal person's definition of mainstream media. If the modifier "mainstream" serves literally no purpose, it is a waste of time and energy to append it to literally every instance of the word "media." Just say "media."
but they appeal to mainstream republicans/libertarians.

and I think online streaming services are fairly mainstream, aren't they?

if you don't want me calling mainstream media outlets that appeal to mainstream republicans/libertarians 'mainstream, you can take it up with the folks promoting Hitler.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-06-26, 15:58

I really hope you've got all your catchphrases hotkeyed somehow, and you aren't literally typing "mainstream media," "Republicans/libertarians," and "racist, bigoted sexual predator" out in full roughly 46,000 times.

But I expect you are about to brag about how little you know about technology, as if that reflects positively on you somehow.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-26, 16:28

Bunch of people getting grumpy on here, must be the tenor of the MSM news today
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-26, 19:07

Cameron wrote:I really hope you've got all your catchphrases hotkeyed somehow, and you aren't literally typing "mainstream media," "Republicans/libertarians," and "racist, bigoted sexual predator" out in full roughly 46,000 times.

But I expect you are about to brag about how little you know about technology, as if that reflects positively on you somehow.
you seem annoyed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-26, 19:08

Trapper Gus wrote:Bunch of people getting grumpy on here, must be the tenor of the MSM news today
it's a weird world when someone is more perplexed by an idiot like me than they are by a political party extolling the virtues of Hitler.

of course, that's the environment the mainstream media set out to create. Let's distract people by each other instead of the overarching message. It's quite predictable.

it's a crazy world, dude.

"yeah.. republicans/libertarians are promoting Hitler.. but have you ever really sat down and thought about what you think the definition of the mainstream media is"? "Moms For Liberty" 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-27, 15:46

Sounds like Roseanne is running for president of the local chapter of Moms For Liberty.

“Nobody died in the Holocaust. It should happen. Six millions Jews should die right now, because they cause all the problems in the world.”

oh and, you can guess who she aligns herself with politically..

The new “Roseanne” is topical in its own ways, starting with Roseanne Conner’s full-throated support for President Trump. Ms. Barr is a Trump backer as well, to the dismay of many fans; she argued on “Jimmy Kimmel” recently that supporting Mr. Trump was critical to keeping Mike Pence from the presidency.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-06-27, 15:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Bunch of people getting grumpy on here, must be the tenor of the MSM news today
it's a weird world when someone is more perplexed by an idiot like me than they are by a political party extolling the virtues of Hitler.

of course, that's the environment the mainstream media set out to create. Let's distract people by each other instead of the overarching message. It's quite predictable.

"yeah.. republicans/libertarians are promoting Hitler.. but have you ever really sat down and thought about what you think the definition of the mainstream media is"? "Moms For Liberty" 502811600

I think maybe he’s saying is we don’t have an influx of new members where the point needs to be repeated every day in order to open the eyes of new members. I could be wrong though. "Moms For Liberty" 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-27, 22:06

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think maybe he’s saying is we don’t have an influx of new members where the point needs to be repeated every day in order to open the eyes of new members. I could be wrong though. "Moms For Liberty" 969504605
maybe.. but I've never been one to take advice from random dudes on the internet.

Kinda like random dudes who call your daughter a loser, that she's gonna end up moving back home.. or tells you that your retirement plan is ill-adviaed. Or that you value the wrong things in life because you're interested in helping people.

Maybe I'm just kind of old fashioned. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-27, 22:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

maybe.. but I've never been one to take advice from random dudes on the internet.

Kinda like random dudes who call your daughter a loser, that she's gonna end up moving back home.. or tells you that your retirement plan is ill-adviaed. Or that you value the wrong things in life because you're interested in helping people.

Bob, have you ever considered your skin may be far too thin for the interwebz?

"Moms For Liberty" Giphy
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 06:43

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob, have you ever considered your skin may be far too thin for the interwebz?

"Moms For Liberty" Giphy
I'm not the one supporting a political.party who celebrates "personal freedom" by quoting Hitler.

And I know it would be convenient for you if I stopped stopped exercising 'personal freedom" by pointing it out.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next