Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays?

+3
Rick Saunders
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
7 posters

Go down

Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays? Empty Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays?

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-27, 13:19

Help me out here…
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays? Empty Re: Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-27, 13:28

We've been married 29 years. We're at the point where we'll just go out to a nice dinner of the birthday boy/girl's choice.

Spend time together, make sure we communicate how much we appreciate each other and how thankful we are that they were born.

Boring white people stuff.

I do get her a card.

Sorry, dude. Not much help.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, DWags, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays? Empty Re: Fellas (and Dendro), what do you get your wives (or husbands) for their birthdays?

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-07-27, 13:39

Motown Spartan wrote:Help me out here…

Nothing that makes a statement other than that I pay attention. I actually keep a running list of things she mentions throughout the year. Not usually things she says she wants, just things she comments on. Not classically romantic but like Bob we've been married a few years (28).
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-27, 13:58

A new vacuum is always appreciated.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan, DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-07-27, 14:36

Wine.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-27, 14:45

Sorry, I’m in the group above. We def acknowledge each other’s b-day, but gifts are a thing of the distant past. We might do takeout from a favorite restaurant, and for her I’ll usually cook one of the dinners she likes best. Neither of us are big on celebrating our days, probably because Mrs. GreenWay’s parents always forgot hers and my family was always out of town hunting on mine. lol
I’ll add this as a separate aside unrelated to you or your wife: People (adults) who still make a big deal about their birthdays and/or expect others to do the same completely puzzle me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-27, 16:53

My wife and I don't do gifts on holidays or anything. We work together and get things as needed. Usually for my birthday she gets something though, a new phone, an apple watch, anything to keep me from buying a new TV. We budget for big remodels or trips. I do try to make her breakfast and dinner though. Sorry to not be much help.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-27, 17:22

Got my wife golf clubs one year early in our marriage.  Had been telling me in prior years not to get her golf clubs, but she forgot that year.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down