Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Project 2025

+2
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

Introducing Project 2025 Empty Introducing Project 2025

Post by Turtleneck Sun 24 Sep 2023 - 23:48

Inside the Next Republican Revolution: Whether Trump wins or not, the GOP plans a renewed assault on his nemesis, the “deep state.” Can conservatives train enough loyalists to actually get the job done?

They want to overturn what began as Woodrow Wilson’s creation of a federal administrative elite and later grew into a vast, unaccountable and mostly liberal bureaucracy (as conservatives view it) under Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal and Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society, numbering about two and a quarter million federal workers today. They aim to defund the Department of Justice, dismantle the FBI, break up the Department of Homeland Security and eliminate the Departments of Education and Commerce, to name just a few of their larger targets. They want to give the president complete power over quasi-independent agencies such as the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies that have been the bane of Trump’s political existence in the last few years.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/09/19/project-2025-trump-reagan-00115811
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Introducing Project 2025 Empty Re: Introducing Project 2025

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 7 Oct 2023 - 11:00

Instead of the federal administrative system the Conservatives want to replace the Constitution with one which supports a "Caeser".  It is hard to fathom that any serious lover of Liberty would wish to destroy the rule of law for a new King, but apparently our conservative friends have some very powerful delusions about the nature of man.

“Thirty years ago,” Damon Linker told The Guardian, “if I told you that a bunch of billionaires and intellectuals on the right are waiting in the wings to impose a dictatorship on the United States, you would have said that I was insane.”

Guardian Article wrote:In June, the rightwing academic Kevin Slack published a book-length polemic claiming that ideas that had emerged from what he called the radical left were now so dominant that the US republic its founders envisioned was effectively at an end.

Slack, a politics professor at the conservative Hillsdale College in Michigan, made conspiratorial and extreme arguments now common on the antidemocratic right, that “transgenderism, anti-white racism, censorship, cronyism … are now the policies of an entire cosmopolitan class that includes much of the entrenched bureaucracy, the military, the media, and government-sponsored corporations”.

In a discussion of possible responses to this conspiracy theory, he wrote that the “New Right now often discusses a Red Caesar, by which it means a leader whose post-Constitutional rule will restore the strength of his people”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/01/red-caesar-authoritarianism-republicans-extreme-right

Thom Hartman's Riffs on This

FWIW there has been reporting on this project for decades now, but it never gains much MSM traction, perhaps the most it has gained is Jane Myer in The New Yorker.  It looks like there are significant Republican voters who have been brainwashed into this thinking, which I believe is due to allowing broadcast media to broadcast strict propaganda via the elimination of the "broadcast fairness rules".
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 7 Oct 2023 - 16:28

TL; DR
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 7 Oct 2023 - 16:31

kingstonlake wrote:TL; DR

Thats exactly what they’re counting on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 7 Oct 2023 - 16:52

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:TL; DR

Thats exactly what they’re counting on.

I read the first post. Wink
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 13:27

I've been seeing a lot more attention paid to this "Project 2025" in recent weeks, but it's still not enough.

Project 2025, if allowed, will cement America as a rightwing authoritarian state

Dems need to be talking loudly about this every hour of every day.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 13:35

it also explains why the one republican/libertarian in the other thread thinks that US courts and court decisions don't apply if they don't advance his/her agenda.

I suspect that is their overarching belief on every judicial act, court decision, law enforcement issue, etc., that gets between them and their racist, bigoted christian hero and their disdain and disgust for traditional American values and the Constitution.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 16:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it also explains why the one republican/libertarian in the other thread thinks that US courts and court decisions don't apply if they don't advance his/her agenda.

I suspect that is their overarching belief on every judicial act, court decision, law enforcement issue, etc., that gets between them and their racist, bigoted christian hero and their disdain and disgust for traditional American values and the Constitution.

I am forming the opinion that any group that believes in an all powerful God is subseptable to a believe in a government based on a dictator or monarch.

For a long time in this country the people were able to separate the idea of self governance by the rule of men from their beliefs in God. No longer.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 17:00

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it also explains why the one republican/libertarian in the other thread thinks that US courts and court decisions don't apply if they don't advance his/her agenda.

I am forming the opinion that any group that believes in an all powerful God is subseptable to a believe in a government based on a dictator or monarch.

For a long time in this country the people were able to separate the idea of self governance by the rule of men from their beliefs in God.  No longer.
the "glass is half full" part of me likes to think that this is a loud minority, whose voice is amplified by their friends in the mainstream media.

Then you see someone here who seems like a decent enough person literally claim that court decisions that have been litigated and bound by the constraints of the Constitution of the United States of America and rooted in decades and decades of legal precedent, "aren't really proof of anything".

It is mind-boggling where we are as a country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 17:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

For a long time in this country the people were able to separate the idea of self governance by the rule of men from their beliefs in God.  No longer.
the "glass is half full" part of me likes to think that this is a loud minority, whose voice is amplified by their friends in the mainstream media.

Then you see someone here who seems like a decent enough person literally claim that court decisions that have been litigated and bound by the constraints of the Constitution of the United States of America and rooted in decades and decades of legal precedent, "aren't really proof of anything".

Just like you I seldom are smart enought to find the next bottle of wine, but I'm pretty sure that there has to be some evidence presented in a trial that the jury makes up its "mind" on.  I think I remember that she told some of her friends about it when it happened and that was presented.

Maybe Trump blowing off appearing at the trial or his rambling answers or taking the 5th, which the jury was instructed might be considered an admission of guilt, made the difference, but still.

He was more than 50% guilty in the juries mind and sometimes that is the best judgment that can be made.

To try to retry every trial outcome because you like the defendant is kinda stepping back from the "the rule of law" which is the bedrock of how we are governed.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 17:28

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Just like you I seldom are smart enought to find the next bottle of wine, but I'm pretty sure that there has to be some evidence presented in a trial that the jury makes up its "mind" on.  I think I remember that she told some of her friends about it when it happened and that was presented.

Maybe Trump blowing off appearing at the trial or his rambling answers or taking the 5th, which the jury was instructed might be considered an admission of guilt, made the difference, but still.

He was more than 50% guilty in the juries mind and sometimes that is the best judgment that can be made.

To try to retry every trial outcome because you like the defendant is kinda stepping back from the "the rule of law" which is the bedrock of how we are governed.
America is a stupid country and we get everything we deserve.

Unfortunately.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 17 Jan 2024 - 18:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

America is a stupid country and we get everything we deserve.

Unfortunately.

Sure, but that isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes we do something good.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 6:48

“Scoping out a strong Christian nationalism”

Wake the fuck up America. Ah, forget it. We’re fucked. Just so we’re clear, this Christian nationalism is indeed based on hate not love.

[tw]1760049553825562784?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 7:43

An American Family where the male pig beats the female & children, where the 13-year-old daughter becomes pregnant and can't get an abortion, where the females are barefoot & pregnant all the time, until they die in childbirth and where being gay is no longer legal isn't going to have a stronger foundation.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down