Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread

+13
Floyd Robertson
Zurn
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
duffy munn
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Pervis Muldoon
Other Teams Pursuing That
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread

Post by InTenSity 2024-01-30, 22:14

Is that offense better?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-30, 22:17

Defense and rebounding = Victory
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-30, 22:19

InTenSity wrote:Is that offense better?
amazing what happens when you defend and rebound
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:21

This is more like it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:25

Team is getting tight again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-01-30, 22:25

2 man Kohler and Cooper pick and roll... Not the best scoring option
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:2 man Kohler and Cooper pick and roll... Not the best scoring option

lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:33

Tyson Walker a reverse layup and draws the foul. Free throw all net.
That’s how you do it!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-01-30, 22:35

Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread - Page 2 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:35

Cooper with a yuge flush!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-30, 22:38

Michigan now down to 46% shooting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:41

Akins star of the game with six threes!!! Woot woot!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-30, 22:43

steveschneider wrote:Akins star of the game with six threes!!! Woot woot!!!
Modern offense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:47

What a bs call. Hey refs we pay to see a break away flush not you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:50

Akin$
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-30, 22:50

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Akins star of the game with six threes!!! Woot woot!!!
Modern offense.

7 for 10. We got Steph Lite!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-30, 22:51

Izzo sucks against the zone
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-30, 23:15

We won
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-01-30, 23:15

Excellent work duffy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-30, 23:17

Great thread
Duffy is undefeated
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-30, 23:18

Nordic wrote:Excellent work duffy

Thanks man. I was nervous about this but feel like it was a pretty brave thing to do.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-30, 23:29

I thought I saw Anthony Pig Miller hugging Izzo leaving the floor. Radio confirms he was there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-30, 23:55

DWags wrote:I thought I saw Anthony Pig Miller hugging Izzo leaving the floor. Radio confirms he was there.

Yep. Was definitely him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-31, 00:04

duffy munn wrote:

Thanks man. I was nervous about this but feel like it was a pretty brave thing to do.

It was. Had they lost there would have been 145 for sale signs in your yard tomorrow morning.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-01-31, 00:32

Izzo’s doing his part to help JHerp leave aa.

Still can’t believe the free throw differential where the visitors get 3 times as many trips to the line as the home team.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-31, 05:49

duffy munn wrote:

Great job. You handled your business in an official manner!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-31, 07:26

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2024/01/michigan-states-jaden-akins-felt-due-for-career-best-game-in-win-vs-michigan.html

I did my part by staying away from the game thread until now.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-31, 07:40

Many of us on this board have more than one college degree. There is an infinite amount of brain power on this board, and I am in awe by many of you and the skills you have, and the knowledge you possess.  

So why is it, that we all know if I sit on my couch in a certain way with my right leg over my left wearing my beast Lansing T-shirt were most likely going to win the game?

What part of our advanced degree in education at one of the best universities in America indoctrinated us with those beliefs?

Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread - Page 2 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-31, 07:45

DWags wrote:Many of us on this board have more than one college degree. There is an infinite amount of brain power on this board, and I am in awe by many of you and the skills you have, and the knowledge you possess.  

So why is it, that we all know if I sit on my couch in a certain way with my right leg over my left wearing my beast Lansing T-shirt were most likely going to win the game?

What part of our advanced degree in education at one of the best universities in America indoctrinated us with those beliefs?

Ok, Fuck it. tOfficial Michigan State v Michigan Basketball thread - Page 2 502811600

The Butterfly Effect, and I am not talking about the zipper in your pants after you eat popcorn.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-01-31, 08:02

DWags wrote:Many of us on this board have more than one college degree. There is an infinite amount of brain power on this board, and I am in awe by many of you and the skills you have, and the knowledge you possess.  

Because we won the last time I did it. And lost the last time I didn’t.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-01-31, 08:19

I was at the game last night.   There didn't seem to be the high crowd energy that is usually at a M v MSU basketball game in Breslin.   Curious if others at the game felt the same way.  

The difference in the game was that in the first half Michigan was making a very high percentage of tough shots where we were making a high percentage of good shots.   As long was we continued to force them into tough shots in the second half it seemed very unlikely that they (or any team) would continue to make them at that pace.    We owned the second half because we played good defense and Michigan is one of the worst defensive teams I have seen.    Interesting because going into the season it was thought that Michigan would be very sound defensively but would struggle to score.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-01-31, 08:41

Zurn wrote:I was at the game last night.   There didn't seem to be the high crowd energy that is usually at a M v MSU basketball game in Breslin.   Curious if others at the game felt the same way.  

The difference in the game was that in the first half Michigan was making a very high percentage of tough shots where we were making a high percentage of good shots.   As long was we continued to force them into tough shots in the second half it seemed very unlikely that they (or any team) would continue to make them at that pace.    We owned the second half because we played good defense and Michigan is one of the worst defensive teams I have seen.    Interesting because going into the season it was thought that Michigan would be very sound defensively but would struggle to score.

I didn't see the game, so I can only speculate that a 9PM start in the middle of the week had everything to do with it. No game in the EST zone should ever start that late.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Zurn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2024-01-31, 08:56

Watching some highlights the announcers keep making jokes about chicken nuggets after missed FT. There was also a cutout of chicken nuggets in the crowd. So what have I missed? Is this like free Taco Bell at 70 pts?
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-31, 09:08

gomersbro wrote:Watching some highlights the announcers keep making jokes about chicken nuggets after missed FT. There was also a cutout of chicken nuggets in the crowd. So what have I missed? Is this like free Taco Bell at 70 pts?

If an opposing player, misses both free throws, you get free chicken nuggets with your ticket. So if you notice every time, a player misses the first one of a two shot foul, the students will go exceptionally crazy for the second one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-31, 09:59

Zurn wrote:I was at the game last night.   There didn't seem to be the high crowd energy that is usually at a M v MSU basketball game in Breslin.   Curious if others at the game felt the same way.  

Didn't help that UM got out to a lead, and probably played their best half of basketball all season.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2024-01-31, 10:22

DWags wrote:
gomersbro wrote:Watching some highlights the announcers keep making jokes about chicken nuggets after missed FT. There was also a cutout of chicken nuggets in the crowd. So what have I missed? Is this like free Taco Bell at 70 pts?

If an opposing player, misses both free throws, you get free chicken nuggets with your ticket. So if you notice every time, a player misses the first one of a two shot foul, the students will go exceptionally crazy for the second one.

Cool! Where?
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-31, 10:38

gomersbro wrote:
DWags wrote:

Cool! Where?

I assume at participating McDonald’s. I would guess the ones on campus. I’ve never cashed in on one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-31, 12:01

[tw]1731395616557727995[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2024-01-31, 12:15

Cool I guess, but ugh McDonald's
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-31, 12:55

gomersbro wrote:Cool I guess, but ugh McDonald's

It’s a 24 hour thing and you have to purchase something else. Hey, in college any free food was good food.

Remember .99 cent whopper night? Wednesday I think.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next