Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This?

4 posters

Go down

Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This? Empty Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This?

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:54 am

Motorists using General Motors' Super Cruise driver-assistance technology can now go hands-free on more back roads across rural America.

Why it matters: The Super Cruise expansion comes amid pressing questions about the safety of self-driving cars following a series of high-profile incidents, including one in San Francisco that forced GM to ground its fleet of Cruise robotaxis.

Driving the news: The update nearly doubles Super Cruise's operating area by adding minor highways that connect smaller cities and rural towns nationwide.

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/15/gm-super-cruise-expands

My newest vehicle has emergency stopping and lane tracking. I have the stopping feature turned on and the lane tracking turned off.

The stopping feature has triggered twice, one time I have no idea why.

Anyone here tried hands free on maybe a freeway somewhere?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This? Empty Re: Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This?

Post by Zurn Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:35 am

My GMC Terrain is virtually hands free, with adaptive cruise control, lane assist and automatic braking. I can drive hands free on the highway, until i'm warned to take control of the steering wheel after a couple of minutes.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This? Empty Re: Hands Free Driving - Has anyone Tried This?

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:15 pm

Zurn wrote:My GMC Terrain is virtually hands free, with adaptive cruise control, lane assist and automatic braking. I can drive hands free on the highway, until i'm warned to take control of the steering wheel after a couple of minutes.

Same here with my Maverick. It does make driving more enjoyable.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:32 pm

Freeways would seem like the first low hanging fruit target for self driving for all the reasons you guys are noting and because they are usually better marked and a more controlled environment.

One of self driving vehicles big obstacles is that no matter how many people are killed or hurt by human drivers everytime a self driving vehicle kills or hurts someone it will be front page "machines killing humans" news, regardless of safe miles driven records.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:36 pm

all the time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:38 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:all the time.

Riding your bike "no hands" really is not the same thing, Bob.  Sorry.

Though I used to do that on my Harley.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:45 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:all the time.

Riding your bike "no hands" really is not the same thing, Bob.  Sorry.

Though I used to do that on my Harley.
aww, man.

okay, well cancel that. I trust myself slightly more than I trust technology, so I believe I'll keep my hands on the wheel.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down