Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU final four teams vs this years team.

3 posters

Go down

MSU final four teams vs this years team.  Empty MSU final four teams vs this years team.

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-21, 18:28

Dwags got me thinking.

Is there any final four team under Izzo that isn’t a double digit favorite against this squad? Cleaves team would clown this team by whatever they want. Winston’s team by at least 20.

How has this team not hit the mark this year? Were we just over valuing them?

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

MSU final four teams vs this years team.  Empty Re: MSU final four teams vs this years team.

Post by DWags 2024-02-21, 18:32

kingstonlake wrote:Dwags got me thinking.

Is there any final four team under Izzo that isn’t a double digit favorite against this squad? Cleaves team would clown this team by whatever they want. Winston’s team by at least 20.

How has this team not hit the mark this year? Were we just over valuing them?

I’ve been at a couple games where I thought this team, hitting on all cylinders, could hang with 2019.  The guy I buy season tickets with me and I said as much a couple games  

Differences is the focus   2019 with that Trail Michigan twice, once for the conference championship at the Breslin, once in the Big Ten tournament in Chicago, I just knew that team was never out of a game .  There is a point where it seems, this team, doesn’t have that focus or desire to win

Is it during timeouts, is that a coaching problem, is it leadership on a court,?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

MSU final four teams vs this years team.  Empty Re: MSU final four teams vs this years team.

Post by DWags 2024-02-21, 18:41

I also don’t think this is a final for team. go back and judge this teams talent versus our final four teams. Maybe it’s equal to some of them or just a bit below. This team doesn’t seem to have a mental toughness to match those other final four teams
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-21, 18:49

DWags wrote:I also don’t think this is a final for team. go back and judge this teams talent versus our final four teams. Maybe it’s equal to some of them or just a bit below. This team doesn’t seem to have a mental toughness to match those other final four teams

I did analysis of the one thing all of final four teams have in common. Quality NBA talent. I don’t see any on this roster that meets that criteria.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-21, 19:08

DWags wrote:I also don’t think this is a final  for team.  go back and judge this teams talent versus our final four teams. Maybe it’s equal to some of them or just a bit below.  This team doesn’t seem to have a mental toughness to match those other final four teams

Yeah I was kinda gauging it from the perspective that we pretty much felt this team was FF or bust in November.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down