Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh how I hate Ohio State. tWe need this one game thread.

+12
duffy munn
Zurn
Trapper Gus
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
aualum06
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oh how I hate Ohio State.  tWe need this one game thread.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh how I hate Ohio State. tWe need this one game thread.

Post by aualum06 2024-02-25, 18:19

Mady has barely seen the floor in two weeks, finally doesn't start, team dominates with Booker on the floor, team blows a 12 point lead in the last 9 minutes with sissoko on the floor over booker.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Oh how I hate Ohio State.  tWe need this one game thread.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh how I hate Ohio State. tWe need this one game thread.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-02-25, 18:19

aualum06 wrote:Mady has barely seen the floor in two weeks, finally doesn't start, team dominates with Booker on the floor, team blows a 12 point lead in the last 9 minutes with sissoko on the floor over booker.

Do not question the deity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-02-25, 18:20

More Holloman, less Hoggard, please.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-25, 18:20

Well, the stank is still hanging around.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-25, 18:21

That stings
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-25, 18:21

Cameron wrote:More Holloman, less Hoggard, please.

I would ask for more passing and less dribbling but I can’t say Hoggard knows how to dribble, nor pass.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-25, 18:22

Cameron wrote:More Holloman, less no Hoggard, please.

FIFY
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-02-25, 18:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Mady has barely seen the floor in two weeks, finally doesn't start, team dominates with Booker on the floor, team blows a 12 point lead in the last 9 minutes with sissoko on the floor over booker.

Best line up was Mady/booker in then first half,.never saw the floor in the second
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:23

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Wow. OSU has had a great week.

Meh. Beating MSU is nothing special.

Still it’s a good week.

Back to the lab for Izzo. Season is still ahead of us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-25, 18:23

I’m going to take up drinking.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:25

NigelUno wrote:I’m going to take up drinking.

I might indulge again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:27

Cameron wrote:More Holloman, less Hoggard, please.

He started out not so good. But yeah. Our back court didn’t do well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:28

How many more do we need do you think?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-25, 18:29

DWags wrote:

Drinks?

A LOT!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:31

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Drinks?

A LOT!!!

That’s an easy answer. Give me the tough one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:33

I really liked the starting line up. Wish we saw it more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-02-25, 18:34

This team was supposed to flourish on the strength of Hoggard, Walker and Akins. I know the popular thing is to say we need more Booker, but a few more minutes for one freshman big should not be the difference between winning and losing at home against mediocre teams.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

NigelUno, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-02-25, 18:38

Ice cold 2nd half while Ohio State got the ball to shooters in the final 10 minutes.

Playing like that gets the team in the bottom half of the Big Ten Tournament.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 18:38

Pervis Muldoon wrote:This team was supposed to flourish on the strength of Hoggard, Walker and Akins. I know the popular thing is to say we need more Booker, but a few more minutes for one freshman big should not be the difference between winning and losing at home against mediocre teams.

It’s time for our elders to step up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-25, 18:41

aualum06 wrote:

Best line up was Mady/booker in then first half,.never saw the floor in the second

I’m still don’t understand why we played Ben Carter over JJ JR.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-25, 18:52

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Drinks?

A LOT!!!

That’s an easy answer. Give me the tough one.

Lock at 11-9. Should be OK at 10-10 too.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-25, 18:55

Are we still talking about double byes?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-25, 18:58

0-3 is a real possibility
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 19:02

Izzo says he didn't think Booker could handle OSU's ball screens. "Just a coaching decision we made." That was the only thing that changed, he said. "There was nothing bad. Everything I thought about Booker was good."

Play the starting line up 15 minutes per half. Fouls you can then flex it.

There’s my advice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-02-25, 19:05

That was perplexing but we should not let that distract from the terrible guard play today. Bad all over.

Now fighting for a Tournament bid to keep a steak alive but lose in the fist weekend. This team has loads of talent but zero concentration and some upperclassmen who take a “whatever” approach to winning and losing.

Izzo is going to have to get himself out of his comfort zone and figure how to coach a team that doesn’t want to mix it up. His most physical post players are just not viable options anymore. But the lack of urgency from the backcourt is just as bad sometimes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-02-25, 19:06

Pervis Muldoon wrote:This team was supposed to flourish on the strength of Hoggard, Walker and Akins. I know the popular thing is to say we need more Booker, but a few more minutes for one freshman big should not be the difference between winning and losing at home against mediocre teams.

For sure it would be, the space he creates on offense makes the game easier for the guards. They don't even bother to guard mady. Mady can't even catch the ball wide open on the block and dunk it without bobbling or bringing it down and letting the defense recover
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-02-25, 19:07

DWags wrote:Izzo says he didn't think Booker could handle OSU's ball screens. "Just a coaching decision we made." That was the only thing that changed, he said. "There was nothing bad. Everything I thought about Booker was good."

Play the starting line up 15 minutes per half. Fouls you can then flex it.

There’s my advice.

Mady blew the last two possessions by not handling ball screens by Ohio State and rotating like a middle schooler. That's weak sauce from izzo
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 19:08

We gave up 38 points in the second half. 22 in the first. 75% more points. Let the kid learn ball screens.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 19:26

Izzo says Xavier Booker "is going to be a superstar next year." Hopes to see continued progress this year from the freshman.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-25, 19:35

I don’t even know if win another game. At Indiana seems like the best chance. The coaching needs to improve.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-25, 19:38

Turtleneck wrote:

That was perplexing but we should not let that distract from the terrible guard play today. Bad all over.

Now fighting for a Tournament bid to keep a steak alive but lose in the fist weekend. This team has loads of talent but zero concentration and some upperclassmen who take a “whatever” approach to winning and losing.

Izzo is going to have to get himself out of his comfort zone and figure how to coach a team that doesn’t want to mix it up. His most physical post players are just not viable options anymore. But the lack of urgency from the backcourt is just as bad sometimes.

Puts more pressure on the guards by putting them ina four on five situation with Maddy on the floor.Poor coaching cost this team today.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-02-25, 19:40

DWags wrote:Izzo says Xavier Booker "is going to be a superstar next year." Hopes to see continued progress this year from the freshman.

for what other program?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-02-25, 19:44

aualum06 wrote:

For sure it would be, the space he creates on offense makes the game easier for the guards. They don't even bother to guard mady. Mady can't even catch the ball wide open on the block and dunk it without bobbling or bringing it down and letting the defense recover

I get that, and Booker is a shooting threat that teams have to respect. But he got half the rebounds Sissoko got today - and this team needs rebounding. Personally, I agree that it feels from a fan's viewpoint that we'd be better off with Booker. But, as a fan, I came to two realizations long ago: I will never know more than the coach and I will never care more than the coach. So I'm just hoping Izzo gets this figured out.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

NigelUno and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-02-25, 19:46

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:Izzo says he didn't think Booker could handle OSU's ball screens. "Just a coaching decision we made." That was the only thing that changed, he said. "There was nothing bad. Everything I thought about Booker was good."

Play the starting line up 15 minutes per half.   Fouls you can then flex it.  

There’s my advice.  

Mady blew the last two possessions by not handling ball screens by Ohio State and rotating like a middle schooler. That's weak sauce from izzo

Mady was bad at the end. Got the offensive rebound,  but turned it over immediately. Fouls on D.

I found myself feeling bad for Mady. It looked like he was playing very hard, maybe too hard, but he just doesn't have it. Seems like a great teammate and a good dude, so I get why it's hard to cut his minutes.

But we have to cut his minutes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 20:02

DWags wrote:Izzo says Xavier Booker "is going to be a superstar next year." Hopes to see continued progress this year from the freshman.

for what other program?

Hopefully ours. But who knows. It’s a weird world. You think he leaves?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-25, 20:03

for what other program?

Based on comments from Booker, his fam, Izzo and others, there is no indication that he looking transfer. Of course, that is not an absolute and things can change.

Oh how I hate Ohio State.  tWe need this one game thread.  - Page 3 Trolling
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 20:09

Nordic wrote:

for what other program?

Based on comments from Booker, his fam, Izzo and others, there is no indication that he looking transfer. Of course, that is not an absolute and things can change.

Solid, very cool families. Raised their kids right imo. Lessons all of us can learn from.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-25, 20:13

Cameron wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Mady was bad at the end. Got the offensive rebound,  but turned it over immediately. Fouls on D.

I found myself feeling bad for Mady. It looked like he was playing very hard, maybe too hard, but he just doesn't have it. Seems like a great teammate and a good dude, so I get why it's hard to cut his minutes.

But we have to cut his minutes.

He played like a kid that just got benched. Unfortunately the result was the same. Terrible foul with 18s left to reset the possession. Lots of suck at the end of that game.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-02-25, 20:14

Nordic wrote:

for what other program?

Otpt will be so sad if that happens.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-02-25, 20:58

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Otpt will be so sad if that happens.

Right after he says I told you so
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next