Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings

+2
Floyd Robertson
SeeRockCity
6 posters

Go down

Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings Empty Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 15:02

Goins: "My dream was presented to me"
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings Empty Re: Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-16, 16:27

Nice story, thanks for the link  Basketball
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings Empty Re: Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings

Post by greenmachine 2014-04-16, 17:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:Nice story, thanks for the link  Basketball

How do I upvote this guy?
greenmachine
greenmachine
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-17, 06:32

greenmachine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Nice story, thanks for the link  Basketball

How do I upvote this guy?

I don't think that capability exists. More importantly, I don't think we'll be getting any participation points here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-18, 21:07

Bump for a good read after seeing Goins get some playing time this season. Love seeing kids that bleed Green succeed.

From the story linked in the 1st post.

The road might not have been ideal, but Kenny Goins got where he wanted to in the end.

The Warren Mott (Mich.) power forward accepted a preferred walk-on spot at Michigan State on Monday, fulfilling a dream he has had since he was little.

"Everyone says chase your dreams and my dream was presented to me," Goins said. "I just love Michigan State."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-18, 22:10

Interesting story on incoming recruit Kenny Goings 3493939353

"I do feel like I would have had more exposure had I played more years of AAU basketball, but that's how the cards fell," he said.

But everything still fell together so that he would wind up exactly where he wanted to: As a Michigan State Spartan.

"Really it was I guess a dream come true because I dreamed of playing there, I dreamed of playing for Tom Izzo, who is probably a hall of fame coach by the end of his career," he said. "I love the campus, the coaches there. They have a tight-knit family bond as a team. The prestige of the program is unmatched across the nation. I feel if I work hard enough that hopefully one day I will get a chance to play on national TV.

"I guess you can just say I've been bleeding green for a while."
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-19, 08:03

LooseGoose wrote:Bump for a good read after seeing Goins get some playing time this season. Love seeing kids that bleed Green succeed.

The road might not have been ideal, but Kenny Goins got where he wanted to in the end.

The Warren Mott (Mich.) power forward accepted a preferred walk-on spot at Michigan State on Monday, fulfilling a dream he has had since he was little.

"Everyone says chase your dreams and my dream was presented to me," Goins said. "I just love Michigan State."

Dude sucked. Hopefully that's his last minutes this season in close games
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-19, 08:37

Blanch32 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Bump for a good read after seeing Goins get some playing time this season. Love seeing kids that bleed Green succeed.

Dude sucked. Hopefully that's his last minutes this season in close games

You really don't get the concept of kids having to play to get better.

I appreciate this post though, it almost guarantees Goins does something heroic later this season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-19, 09:07

I really enjoyed getting familiar with the Goins on with regard this fine young man... thanks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down