Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read.

+2
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
6 posters

Go down

Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read. Empty Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read.

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 12:47

http://www.freep.com/article/20140821/NEWS02/308210118/Tigers-minor-leaguer-Evan-Reed-in-court-on-sex-assault-charges-today

The story of the victim, along with the info release so far is pretty disgusting.

Last edited by Rocinante on Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read. Empty Re: Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:09

So is the thread title about it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read. Empty Re: Jesus, the Evan Reed Trial live blog is hard to read.

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So is the thread title about it.

dick.

Edit: fixed it... Trial trail. Whatever.

Last edited by Rocinante on Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:26

Rocinante wrote:

dick.

I liked your post.

Read it. Yeah....doesn't paint a pretty picture. And that brown stain....he musta chucked in her dumpa.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I liked your post.

Read it. Yeah....doesn't paint a pretty picture. And that brown stain....he musta chucked in her dumpa.

Sounded like it was dried blood to me.

God I hope it was.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:30

Rocinante wrote:

Sounded like it was dried blood to me.  

God I hope it was.

Are you telling Jesus the site you linked to is hard to read, or are you just trying to emphasize that it is hard to read?

Last edited by Turtleneck on Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:48; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:30

Turtleneck wrote:

Are you telling Jesus the site you link to is hard to read, or are you just trying to emphasize that it is hard to read?

yes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:20

Case dismissed.

I didn't read all of this, and I'm not sure what to think of it. I just hope that I raise my daughter to stay out of these type of situations. 

The judge didn't believe the witness and said there wasn't enough evidence. He said, She said.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:30

His lawyer claimed he had evidence to get it dismissed......guess he was right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:34

Did they discuss the results of the rape kit and the injuries?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:41

King says there's no rape kit evidence shown. No evidence of semen. Nothing to indicate what happened before she woke up.

The Judge seemed to hold it against her that in the morning she washed up instead of putting clothes on. Says she backtracked on a few other things.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 16:09

Hmmm. Does this preclude a civil suit? Sounds like a lot of stuff that could have been delved into wasn't.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 18:02

InTenSity wrote:

The Judge seemed to hold it against her that in the morning she washed up instead of putting clothes on. Says she backtracked on a few other things.

I saw mentioned somewhere 2 lies or inconsistencies. Said she didn't know the people she was with were Tigers yet had texted friends she was with Tiger players and said she was still helpless in the morning when video showed her walking down 6 flights of stairs in high heels with no problems.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 1:29

Rocinante wrote:Hmmm. Does this preclude a civil suit? .

Nothing precludes filing a civil suit. Plenty of people have cashed in on things that resulted in acquittals at criminal trials.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 24 Aug 2014 - 9:44

Rocinante wrote:Hmmm. Does this preclude a civil suit? Sounds like a lot of stuff that could have been delved into wasn't.

No, but it's enough to make a lawyer think twice before taking the case. The standard the State had to meet (probable cause) is lower than the standard she would have to prove in a civil suit (preponderance of the evidence). I'm not going to say she won't sue, because there may be more stuff out there, but it reduces the likelihood of civil suit.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down