Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks

4 posters

Go down

Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks Empty Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-09-13, 11:46

Too many breadsticks? Olive Garden investor details ways restaurant could improve

(AP) - An investor has some suggestions for how Olive Garden can improve its performance, down to the way it rations its unlimited breadsticks.

In a nearly 300-page document, Starboard Value criticizes parent company Darden Restaurants Inc. for its management of the Italian restaurant chain. Starboard is hoping to gain control of Darden's board with the election of its own nominees next month. Darden Restaurants says it's reviewing Starboard's plan but notes it's already implementing a plan to improve financial results.

I'm not sure the investor understands Americans or Olive Garden customers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks Empty Re: Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks

Post by WBill 2014-09-13, 11:51

Some of their other recommendations

Don't make the soup in the stores.... outsource it.
Too much dressing.
Better logo....
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks Empty Re: Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-09-13, 11:53

Just make the doors narrower to keep the fattys out.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-09-13, 11:57

I remember, prior to moving to NYC, loving Olive Garden. I tried it once a few years ago after a long hiatus and holy shit it's awful... the soup has to be 80% salt and I've had better pasta dishes from Stouffers.

Fazoli's is almost on par with Olive Garden. OG should really open up a drive through.

Anywho... I do like the breadsticks (who doesn't).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-09-13, 11:57

Cuginos, on the other hand... is fantastic.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-09-13, 11:59

WBill wrote:Some of their other recommendations

Don't make the soup in the stores.... outsource it.
Too much dressing.
Better logo....

I love the bit about not salting the water to boil pasta so that the pots will last longer. Investor to Olive Garden: Fewer Breadsticks 502811600

ps. I must be a heathen, I've heard of adding salt to the water.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down