Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toxicology report on the dead guy? But not on Tony Stewart?

+7
Watch Out Pylon!
Gomer
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Cym Jim
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
11 posters

Go down

Toxicology report on the dead guy?  But not on Tony Stewart? Empty Toxicology report on the dead guy? But not on Tony Stewart?

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 08:41

That doesn't make a lot of sense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Toxicology report on the dead guy?  But not on Tony Stewart? Empty Re: Toxicology report on the dead guy? But not on Tony Stewart?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-25, 08:44

I don't know that much about the story..

but I'd be more inclined to think that a guy who gets out of his car and starts walking on a race track during a race is more deserving of a toxicology report than the guy driving a car on a race track during a race..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Toxicology report on the dead guy?  But not on Tony Stewart? Empty Re: Toxicology report on the dead guy? But not on Tony Stewart?

Post by Guest 2014-09-25, 09:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't know that much about the story..

but I'd be more inclined to think that a guy who gets out of his car and starts walking on a race track during a race is more deserving of a toxicology report than the guy driving a car on a race track during a race..

That was my first reaction to this question too.   One person was acting erratically and the report was done on him.   It did say Stewart was evaluated that night and showed no signs of being under the influence of anything.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 09:11

gHost Spartan wrote:IF they did an autopsy then they did a toxocology report. Remember, the toxocology report isn't focused on determining whether the guy is drunk or high when his death occurred, but it looks for other things which may have contributed or caused death. Don't read too much into it. Also, I didn't read the story but my guess is that the toxocology report shows metabolites in his system, I don't think they can determine whether he (the dead guy) was impaired at the time of the accident, only that recently he was using drugs.

You're a lawyer. If you were representing Ward's family, would you have an issue with them not doing a toxicology report on Stewart?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 09:14

gHost Spartan wrote:

Umm... when, exactly, do you want this report / tests done, now? It's a little late for that.

That's kind of the point.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-09-25, 09:23

Let's all just pray to Jesus that dirt track funny car racing can recover from this horrific incident.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-25, 09:24

To me it seems to be a copout that they found THC in his system. I read one of the articles and they are saying it was enough to prove he was high at the time, but how do they really know that? They know how much he smoked, what type he smoked, when he last smoked? Whelp! we found marijuana in his system, the kid who got hit is the one to blame! 

I'm not saying getting out of the car is the greatest decision in the world, and Darwin wasn't watching over this race, but Stewart isn't exactly known for his calm, rational demeanor on a race track.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-09-25, 09:30

Cym Jim wrote:Let's all just pray to Jesus that dirt track funny car racing can recover from this horrific incident.

No one will ever go camping with a nitro burning funny car.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-09-25, 09:32

InTenSity wrote:To me it seems to be a copout that they found THC in his system. I read one of the articles and they are saying it was enough to prove he was high at the time, but how do they really know that? They know how much he smoked, what type he smoked, when he last smoked? Whelp! we found marijuana in his system, the kid who got hit is the one to blame! 

I'm not saying getting out of the car is the greatest decision in the world, and Darwin wasn't watching over this race, but Stewart isn't exactly known for his calm, rational demeanor on a race track.

If pot makes you run in front of traffic, then the one getting hit was to blame for shmokin weed before a race. If pot does no such thing, then plain stupidity was to blame.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-25, 09:35

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

If pot makes you run in front of traffic, then the one getting hit was to blame for shmokin weed before a race. If pot does no such thing, then plain stupidity was to blame.

Road Rage would never cause a perfectly sober person to do something stupid. That being said, if I was on the jury, without Stewart admitting he tried to hit the kid, there is enough reasonable doubt to not press charges. I just think it is weird to come out and blame pot for this, rather than just say its a horrible accident.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-09-25, 10:05

Where have you seen a statement that claims no toxicology was done on Stewart?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 10:08

Gomer wrote:Where have you seen a statement that claims no toxicology was done on Stewart?

The DA said there wasn't one (done).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-09-25, 10:17

Where did you see/hear that?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 10:24

Gomer wrote:Where did you see/hear that?

I heard it on the radio.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-09-25, 10:24

If I were this guy's dad I would be more embarrassed that I hadn't instilled more common sense in my kid than anything.

Car vs. Moran never ends well for the moran.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-09-25, 10:30

NigelUno wrote:
You're a lawyer. If you were representing Ward's family, would you have an issue with them not doing a toxicology report on Stewart?

He wasn't charged with a crime so they had no basis to test him for anything. That comes from the DA/grand jury spokesman.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-09-25, 10:41

NigelUno wrote:

I heard it on the radio.
I only ask because I haven't seen that published anywhere. Are you sure it's true?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 10:44

Gomer wrote:I only ask because I haven't seen that published anywhere. Are you sure it's true?

A brief search on the interwebs seems to indicate that it is true.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-09-25, 10:45

Found a link verifying that. Did say he was interviewed by a "drug recognition expert" though.

Not sure they had a right to test him unless they had probable cause.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 10:45

Rodeo Burger wrote:

He wasn't charged with a crime so they had no basis to test him for anything. That comes from the DA/grand jury spokesman.

What crime was the dead guy charged with?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-09-25, 11:00

NigelUno wrote:

He had an autopsy done, it's standard protocol. Just as a blood test is for anyone who is hospitalized.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-25, 11:02

NigelUno wrote:

They had to determine the cause of death
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-09-25, 11:04

NigelUno wrote:

None. They did an autopsy though which is not uncommon in accidental death though, no?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-09-25, 11:05

NigelUno wrote:

Autopsies. How do they work?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 11:17

Herbie Green wrote:

They had to determine the cause of death

So, death by marijuana?

I thought he got run over.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Natlight 2014-09-25, 11:22

Gomer wrote:
None. They did an autopsy though which is not uncommon in accidental death though, no?

In michigan any traumatic death receives an autopsy. No questions asked. The autopsy is completed and then ruled an accidental death. My guess is the death certificate states 'multiple injuries'. This is pretty much standard jargon for car fatalities.
Natlight
Natlight
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-25, 11:25

I wonder if he smoked a cig before the race. Or drank alcohol in the past 48 hours.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-25, 11:38

NigelUno wrote:

So, death by marijuana?

I thought he got run over.

Yeah it was a joke but I guess not a very good one
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down