Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

+33
Bill Cain
tanfan!
Blanch32
tTito
Wally Fairway
StylesGShmooth
Nordic
SpartanMikey
Chitown_Badger
Cosmo_Kramer
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
Larry Kazamias
kingstonlake
The Pantry
Cym Jim
beal99
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
Brock Middlebrook
Gomer
By-Tor
SawGreen
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
pulling69
P Rob
Turtleneck
Rodeo Burger
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose Empty Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-10, 00:52

There are conflicting reports on whether the 17 year old driver hit by Stewart is alive or dead. Either way, it sounds like he sustained major injuries.

Here's a report from the scene:

Rich Willis, who was at the track, said he didn't see exactly what happened but his sister down in Turn 1 did. He saw Stewart and Kevin Ward get into the wreck.

"People (who could see it better) said the guy got out of his car and was gesturing angrily at Tony Stewart when Tony Stewart came by during the next lap under yellow," Willis said in a phone interview. "He approached him and evidently when he was driving by the guy standing on the track gesturing at him, he gunned his engine.

"What happened was the back end kicked out and clipped the guy and the guy flew across the track."

Stay classy
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose Empty Re: Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-10, 01:15

I miss the days of Cole Trickle and Rowdy Burns.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose Empty Re: Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose

Post by P Rob 2014-08-10, 01:44

Turtleneck wrote:I miss the days of Cole Trickle and Rowdy Burns.

what a fucking bum if this is all true. tony is no angel but this is an embarrassment.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-10, 02:37

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-08-10, 03:49

Dude he hit is dead. Shit just got real.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-10, 07:30

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/11333895/tony-stewart-hits-foot-competitor-sprint-car-race-new-york-state
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-08-10, 08:36

Maybe too soon but that looks like a Darwin award nomination video...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-10, 08:47

CheesySpartan wrote:Maybe too soon but that looks like a Darwin award nomination video...

Who knows if Stewart tried to clip him....but what an idiot to get out of his car and run out on a track of racing cars. Talk about playing in traffic.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-08-10, 08:54

Don't run into traffic and you won't get run over.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-10, 09:28

Rodeo Burger wrote:
"People (who could see it better) said the guy got out of his car and was gesturing angrily at Tony Stewart when Tony Stewart came by during the next lap under yellow," Willis said in a phone interview. "He approached him and evidently when he was driving by the guy standing on the track gesturing at him, he gunned his engine.

"What happened was the back end kicked out and clipped the guy and the guy flew across the track."[/i]

Stay classy

Is Willis implying that Stewart did this on purpose?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-08-10, 09:29

News this morning is that he'll race today. Even if it were an accident, I'm a bit conflicted on whether that is a good idea.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-10, 09:29

P Rob wrote:

what a fucking bum if this is all true.  tony is no angel but this is an embarrassment.  

You will have to forgive my ignorance, but why were they in Canadaigua? From what I know, that is just a local dirt track. I know Watkins Glen is a big race, but I am curious why they were racing in Canadaigua the day before.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-10, 09:51

Turtleneck wrote:

You will have to forgive my ignorance, but why were they in Canadaigua? From what I know, that is just a local dirt track. I know Watkins Glen is a big race, but I am curious why they were racing in Canadaigua the day before.

Tony loves dirt track racing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-10, 09:51

Turtleneck wrote:

Evidently, it's just what the guy does. He looks for local shit to race in. He just loves to race. His team wanted him to stop all the side racing, but he said no way. I guess he cut back on it this year, but if there is a local race on dirt, he goes to it. Guy on ESPN says he has no wife and kids and is just a junky to race anywhere. If he's racing against a kid like that, I'm guessing it really is small time. It's like the pool shooter who is going to play the big tournament on the weekend, comes to town and finds a local dive where all the hustlers hang out and gets some games in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-08-10, 10:24

Ummm- Call me stupid but maybe the kid shouldn't walk into the middle of a fuckin racetrack during a race!
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-08-10, 10:27

Nascar driver Tony Stewart reportedly ran over another driver on purpose Well_that_escalated_quickly
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-08-10, 10:33

By-Tor wrote:Ummm- Call me stupid but maybe the kid shouldn't walk into the middle of a fuckin racetrack during a race!
If only he had been carrying a gun, he could have protected himself. Eh, Bob?

Anyway, there's a moral to the story. Stewart may have been dead wrong, but that guy should have stayed in his car. Someone blinks their lights at you, you flick them off, and you wind up on the shoulder with a knife in your chest. Someone slashes you, you crosscheck them, and you end up in a crumpled heap along the boards with a broken neck. 

Keep your cool, folks. Things can go pretty quickly from scolding a NASCAR great in front of all your neighbors to being dead.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-08-10, 10:33

SawGreen wrote:News this morning is that he'll race today. Even if it were an accident, I'm a bit conflicted on whether that is a good idea.

Update. Reports now say he isn't racing today.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-08-10, 10:44

DWags wrote:

It's like the pool shooter who is going to play the big tournament on the weekend, comes to town and finds a local dive where all the hustlers hang out and gets some games in.

It's like when AM Wood shows up to your tailgate. Shit gets real.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-08-10, 10:48

I'm no NASCAR fan, but that kid acted stupidly and put himself in a position to be hit.  That being said, Tony Stewart is a professional with exquisite control ability, and the eye witness seems convinced that Stewart revved his engine deliberately at the time of impact, so it sure looks suspicious.  Then again, it didn't look like the car veered all that much and I couldn't hear anything over the rest of the engine noise, so I think it will be hard to prove it was intentional.  The whole thing is just stupid and tragic.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-10, 15:21

Gomer wrote:

Anyway, there's a moral to the story. Stewart may have been dead wrong, but that guy should have stayed in his car. Someone blinks their lights at you, you flick them off, and you wind up on the shoulder with a knife in your chest. Someone slashes you, you crosscheck them, and you end up in a crumpled heap along the boards with a broken neck. 

Keep your cool, folks. Things can go pretty quickly from scolding a NASCAR great in front of all your neighbors to being dead.

You clearly are no racing fan. This is standard shit, and has been since the 50's. Ask Cale Yarborough. You wreck someone, they're going to point at you and yell about your parentage, hunt you down and try to throw some fists in your general direction. By now, most likely, the pit crews are already brawling. Not wise, no, but standard stuff in the industry. Rarely if ever does anyone get hit or injured. (Remember, the initial wreck has already brought out the yellow flag, so people have slowed down.)

So I'm not gonna hate on the victim, especially given that he was 20, prime idiot age. Stewart, on the other hand, got some 'splainin' to do.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-08-10, 17:27

Rubbin' er....HOMICIDE'S RACIN'
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-10, 17:41

Code_Warrior wrote:I'm no NASCAR fan, but that kid acted stupidly and put himself in a position to be hit.  

NASCAR peeps actin dumb? Color me shocked.

Tragedy all around.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-10, 20:13

[quote="DWags"]

I didn't realize the NASCAR circuit was so progressive.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-08-10, 21:19

When keepin' it real goes wrong
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-08-10, 21:55

SawGreen wrote:

Update.  Reports now say he isn't racing today.
Apparently they developed clearer heads after watching tape. Seemed kind of ludicrous for them to initially say they were going to race today. "Business as usual" WTF?

With Stewart goosing the accelerator before he hit the guy I will be shocked if criminal charges are not filed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-10, 22:13

The Pantry wrote:
Apparently they developed clearer heads after watching tape.  Seemed kind of ludicrous for them to initially say they were going to race today.  "Business as usual" WTF?

With Stewart goosing the accelerator before he hit the guy I will be shocked if criminal charges are not filed.  

Sounds like they're looking into it.

Tony Stewart questioned twice in criminal probe into fatal crash
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-10, 22:50

The Pantry wrote:
Apparently they developed clearer heads after watching tape.  Seemed kind of ludicrous for them to initially say they were going to race today.  "Business as usual" WTF?

I'm gonna bet that absolutely nothing comes of this criminally. Will it affect his racing? We'll have to wait and see. But there is nothing that will end criminally for him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-08-11, 01:06

Negligent Homicide.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-08-11, 07:18

kingstonlake wrote:Negligent Homicide.
Anecdotally negligent herd thinning
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-11, 07:36

No chance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-11, 07:55

Negligent Dumbicide committed by Ward.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-11, 09:07

If any of you have known racing types at the local level, they aren't known for their brains and/or self-control.

Little G just wanted to be able to say he got up in Tony Stewart's shit when they were standing around their trailers drinking their beers after the race.

"Keepin it real goes wrong" is exactly right.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-11, 09:12

Gomer wrote:
PERTECKT!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-11, 09:38

AvgMSUJoe wrote:If any of you have known racing types at the local level, they aren't known for their brains and/or self-control.

Little G just wanted to be able to say he got up in Tony Stewart's shit when they were standing around their trailers drinking their beers after the race.

"Keepin it real goes wrong" is exactly right.

You mean the "Hey guys, watch this!" crowd?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-11, 10:16

DWags wrote:

You mean the "Hey guys, watch this!" crowd?  

Yeah, but with the balls to do stuff which would have actual repercussions (like spending all of your money to be able to drive really fast into a wall and be trapped in a flaming wreck... just for shits and giggles.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-11, 10:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Yeah, but with the balls to do stuff which would have actual repercussions (like spending all of your money to be able to drive really fast into a wall and be trapped in a flaming wreck... just for shits and giggles.)

That's called rush hour. Every day.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-11, 10:21

NigelUno wrote:

That's called rush hour.  Every day.
Where do you live that you can drive fast during rush hour? I think I average about 15 mph during the school year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-11, 10:29

InTenSity wrote:
Where do you live that you can drive fast during rush hour? I think I average about 15 mph during the school year.
At one point I did a Grand Blanc to Detroitish commute. I-75, bumper to bumper got into the 90s.Then everyone slams on their brakes and angles toward the median to avoid certain firey death.... only to crawl for 2 miles (and 30 minutes) because a cop pulled someone over or a hot chick got a flat tire... or there was an actual flaming wreck of death. Then back to 90.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-11, 10:37

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
At one point I did a Grand Blanc to Detroitish commute. I-75, bumper to bumper got into the 90s.Then everyone slams on their brakes and angles toward the median to avoid certain firey death.... only to crawl for 2 miles (and 30 minutes) because a cop pulled someone over or a hot chick got a flat tire... or there was an actual flaming wreck of death. Then back to 90.
Next week, school starts in Miami. Right now, it takes me about 25 minutes or so to get to work. I live 12 miles away and take side streets, because it seems to be faster. Next Monday is going to suck. I have no idea what happens or why, but all of the sudden there are twice as many people on the roads, and my commute moves up to a 45-60 minute ride. If there is an accident, which there will be, it can go to 90-120 minutes to get to work. It is absolutely insane how bad traffic gets down here because of school. I guess when there are really only 2 freeways and they only go north and south, it causes a lot of congestion.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next