Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever?

+2
Code_Warrior
WhiteBoyHatcher
6 posters

Go down

Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever? Empty Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-03, 23:13

I remember these things being popular with kids when I was in HS/college. I don't think they're around much anymore, but I thought they were hilariously awkward/weird/trippy back then, so naturally now that I have kids I figured I minus well bring up some of those videos and see what the deal is.

The kids ****ing love them. Especially my 20 month old, but even the 5 year old will stop what he's doing for a bit and check it out when I bring one up on Youtube for the little one.

Basic concept behind the show:

British midgets dressed up like aliens in bright colored costumes. One of them is sometimes black. Or African-British. They don't really talk, other than kind of being able to say each other's names. They just kind of bounce around and say "Uh-ohhhhh!!!!". Super cheap set with astroturf and live rabbits. The Teletubbies do some nonsesnsical waving and whatnot. Then the big dopey one, Tinky Winky, pulls up a flatscreen TV on his stomach and shows a video with some stupid British kids about Flamenco Dancing, or Clay modeling, or something. Then the video ends after 4 minutes. Then the Teletubbies clamor for him to play it again. So he does. The EXACT ****ing SAME video. 4 more minutes. Then music plays, they dance, giggle and wave, more bunnies and the show is over.

What kind of ****ing high marketing genius thought this shit up? I bet it made him hundreds of millions. The set and production costs were probably less than 5 figures. Unreal.

Watch this the next time you're high/drunk.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever? Empty Re: Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever?

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:24

gHost Spartan wrote:I love Teletubbies. Now that my 16 month old is starting to watch cartoon and shit like teletubbies, I wonder why I can't think of some weird characters and do the same thing.
Because as weird as you can be, you're still too adult to think of that shit. I think you've got to let go of adulthood completely before you can think of shit like that.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever? Empty Re: Are Teletubbies the most fucked up thing ever?

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-03, 23:38

Never watched the Teletube thing with the kids, but we did watch Thomas the train, which might not have been as fucked up as the teletubbies, but different nonetheless.   I never would have thot of casting George Carlin and Ringo Starr on the show.  Not that they were bad, I just wouldn't have thot of them doing childrens' show.

Last edited by Frank Ricard on 2014-10-03, 23:40; edited 1 time in total
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:39

gHost Spartan wrote:

I don't think I've ever thought or acted like an adult
The fact that you think that means you're too adult.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-03, 23:43

Code_Warrior wrote:
The fact that you think that means you're too adult.

Not sure how this applies to gHost.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:44

Frank Ricard wrote:Never watched the Teletube thing with the kids, but we did watch Thomas the train, which might not have been as fucked up as the teletubbies, but different nonetheless.   I never would have thot of casting George Carlin and Ringo Starr on the show.  Not that they were bad, I just wouldn't have thot of them doing childrens' show.
That's what my kids were into. Thomas the Tank Engine, Henry, James and Sir Toppem Hat. I can't remember the diesel's name. They had all the Brio tracks and shit. They couldn't get enough. The older boy had a Thomas the Tank Engine stuffed pillow thing that he wouldn't let go of and would get really upset when he lost it. I'm glad those days are over.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-03, 23:46

Thomas is still around. plus we have Chuggington now, which is a blatant ripoff of Thomas. Chuggington sucks.

Jake is big now. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is pretty big. Doc McStuffins. And of course Frozen. I just want to Let it gooooooo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-03, 23:47

Oh, and that weird bald Canadian fuck Calliou.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:49

Frank Ricard wrote:

Not sure how this applies to gHost.
It only applies to his inability to come up with weird characters for a children's show that will be a hit and make him a buttload of cash. He's simply to adult to think like that. You have to be like Steve Carels character in Dinner with Schmucks to have what it takes to come up with that kind of shit. You have to have that child like mind. gHost doesn't have it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-03, 23:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Thomas is still around. plus we have Chuggington now, which is a blatant ripoff of Thomas. Chuggington sucks.

Jake is big now. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is pretty big. Doc McStuffins. And of course Frozen. I just want to Let it gooooooo.

I walked out on Frozen. That was too much for me. Don't understand the appeal, but what the fuck do I know.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-03, 23:52

Code_Warrior wrote:
It only applies to his inability to come up with weird characters for a children's show that will be a hit and make him a buttload of cash. He's simply to adult to think like that. You have to be like Steve Carels character in Dinner with Schmucks to have what it takes to come up with that kind of shit. You have to have that child like mind. gHost doesn't have it.

I always figured it came from massive amount of drugs
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Thomas is still around. plus we have Chuggington now, which is a blatant ripoff of Thomas. Chuggington sucks.

It's your time man. Got to embrace the suck and enjoy it. Truth be told, it really wasn't that bad, I liked spending that time with them. Now they're both in college and well you know, Cats in the cradle and the silver spoon...
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:54

Frank Ricard wrote:

I always figured it came from massive amount of drugs
No, that's where you get Pee Wee Herman from...
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMartinsLoan 2014-10-04, 00:54

What's worse? Teletubbies or Mr. Rogers taking a trip with Mr. McFeely down to the Land of Make-Believe?
EdMartinsLoan
EdMartinsLoan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-10-04, 10:45

EdMartinsLoan wrote:What's worse? Teletubbies or Mr. Rogers taking a trip with Mr. McFeely down to the Land of Make-Believe?

Teletubbies always. McFeely was Fred Rogers' mother's maiden name, not some pederast thing. I LOOOOVED Mister Rogers when I was a kid, and Thomas (that's the only reason I knew who George Carlin and Ringo were before the age of 5). Reading Rainbow was the shit, too.

Isn't Sesame Street still on? That's probably far less LSD-laced than Teletubbies.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-04, 12:04

Re
SpartanGuard wrote:

Teletubbies always. McFeely was Fred Rogers' mother's maiden name, not some pederast thing. I LOOOOVED Mister Rogers when I was a kid, and Thomas (that's the only reason I knew who George Carlin and Ringo were before the age of 5). Reading Rainbow was the shit, too.

Isn't Sesame Street still on? That's probably far less LSD-laced than Teletubbies.

These kids have this educational crap along with the 'see how we all can play together' shit like Mr. Rogers, Reading Rainbow, trains that ****ing talk nice to each other, etc.

When I was a kid, it was either Bugs beating the shit out of Elmer, some coyote falling off into the Grand Canyon, or Johnny Quest blowing the fuck out of some pygmies. Much better TV back in the day.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-10-04, 14:02

This is fucked up
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down