Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support

+15
Other Teams Pursuing That
Herbie Green
Heat Miser
xsanguine
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
MasonGuy
tTito
75alum
tanfan!
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
DWags
19 posters

Go down

I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support Empty I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support

Post by DWags 2014-10-05, 07:34

Ah, must be a Sunday in the fall.

Hey alumni, evidently, we never left one game early when we were students. We all stayed to the very end of every game because we couldn't wait to see the final second tick off and get the final yell in.

Funny I have been going to MSU games for 5 decades now, and each year, I see the student section empty early in lopsided games. But you know what? You can't find one alumni to admit they left early besides me. Everyone of us have never left a game as a student. It's amazing how this is a new phenomenon. Or, Alumni will now say "but we sucked back then, of course we get to leave.... not these kids, they best not leave like we did". O.K., Do as we say not as we do. Got it.

It's funny, we need to bitch about something. We beat the #19 team in the nation, held an All American to 45 yards Controlled the game for three quarters and got screwed by some calls in the fourth but won the game, we'll be top ten in the rankings, but damn, the students, the play calling the lack of effort sucks.

Last year 5th game......... we improved from there. Evidently, this team won't improve according to some guru's on the RCMB. I believe they will. I also remember the Wisconsin game and the ND game, when the score wasn't lopsided against ranked teams at night, the stadium remained packed. When we were up 24 in the 4th, many left. Shame on them. Shame on us for doing the same damn thing every generation as Spartans.

O.K., rant over.

fuck you all.....
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support Empty Re: I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support

Post by steveschneider 2014-10-05, 07:59

I just posted about this in the other thread, we have the weakest student section I've seen of any team in the top 25. Sure I left a game or two early but I also stayed to the end more often than not.

I've seen stronger student sections in the down times of the 80s and 90s.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support Empty Re: I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-05, 08:08

Say what you want, DWags, but the camera shots of the student section in the 4th quarter were downright embarrassing. IMHO, the student section needs to be shrunk and kept to just the lower bowl. Open up the S.E. corner of the upper stands to season tickets and the general public again. The worst season tickets I ever had, back in the late 80s, were in 112 and it was always more full back then than it is now with student season tickets up there.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-05, 08:17

I'd say the students lost their privilege to get tickets after this game.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-10-05, 08:34

Same ref that made the call 2 years ago.......wow

It survived craziness — a late punt return for a touchdown, a missed field goal from close range in the final 70 seconds, and a questionable pass interference call by the same official who botched the call on Darqueze Dennard against the Huskers two years ago. Yep, amazingly the same exact ref — with 100-percent certainty, MSU athletic director Mark Hollis said from the sidelines.

"Isn't that interesting," Dantonio said of memory-stirring penalty. "I won't go beyond that."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-05, 08:37

LooseGoose wrote:Same ref that made the call 2 years ago.......wow

That's kinda damming.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-05, 08:42

LooseGoose wrote:Same ref that made the call 2 years ago.......wow

Glad to hear Hollis calling him out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-05, 08:43

I feel a hose job coming in the rankings. Have a feeling the pollsters are gonna move us up 1 spot only.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-10-05, 08:47

No buddy gives a shit
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-05, 10:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Glad to hear Hollis calling him out.

Absolutely needs to. Did everything to keep Neb in the game. I think Jackson got tired of the constant holding; no calls not to mention phantom PI and facemask on Langford to get him OB stopping the clock. It was a shit show.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-10-05, 10:46

DWags wrote:Ah, must be a Sunday in the fall.

Hey alumni, evidently, we never left one game early when we were students. We all stayed to the very end of every game because we couldn't wait to see the final second tick off and get the final yell in.

Funny I have been going to MSU games for 5 decades now, and each year, I see the student section empty early in lopsided games. But you know what? You can't find one alumni to admit they left early besides me. Everyone of us have never left a game as a student. It's amazing how this is a new phenomenon. Or, Alumni will now say "but we sucked back then, of course we get to leave.... not these kids, they best not leave like we did". O.K., Do as we say not as we do. Got it.

It's funny, we need to bitch about something. We beat the #19 team in the nation, held an All American to 45 yards Controlled the game for three quarters and got screwed by some calls in the fourth but won the game, we'll be top ten in the rankings, but damn, the students, the play calling the lack of effort sucks.

Last year 5th game......... we improved from there. Evidently, this team won't improve according to some guru's on the RCMB. I believe they will. I also remember the Wisconsin game and the ND game, when the score wasn't lopsided against ranked teams at night, the stadium remained packed. When we were up 24 in the 4th, many left. Shame on them. Shame on us for doing the same damn thing every generation as Spartans.

O.K., rant over.

fuck you all.....

And you're over there with your "Duffy Munn" schtick bitching about the Bonars and the Misfits who are bitching about the students, refs, and enemic second half offense.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-10-05, 10:53

Tanfan! wrote:No buddy gives a shit

I gave one straight into my britches when the Nebraska wideout ALMOST made the one handed grab for the touchdown the play before the closing interception...

The rest of it is noise. I love being on the other side of moral victories.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-10-05, 10:59

tTito wrote:

And you're over there with your "Duffy Munn" schtick bitching about the Bonars and the Misfits who are bitching about the students, refs, and enemic second half offense.

Funny. Pretty sure Dwags doesn't have any schticks.

Neither do I.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-10-05, 11:08

gHost Spartan wrote:MSU caved in the 4th quarter. It's that simple.

I hate wins too.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-10-05, 11:09

When I was a student I might have stayed completely through 2 games the entire 4 years. I usually sold the "big ticket" every year to pay for the rest of the season and frequently didn't even bother going in if the tailgate was good or the game was on TV.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-10-05, 11:22

duffy munn wrote:

I hate wins too.

They're just statistics.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-05, 11:27

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I hate wins too.

afro

That's too bad. I love winning. I was ecstatic last night. However, moving forward there are some serious concerns with the team. In the two biggest games of the year, Oregon and Nebraska, we blew leads and were outplayed in the second half of the games. At Oregon, it was almost as if we made zero adjustments at halftime. MSU scored 3 points in the second half. Last night MSU almost blew a 27-3 lead going into the fourth quarter. If you're not concerned about that then oh well.

I wake up this morning, MSU is going to be top 8, U of M has embarrassed themselves again, and the RCMB is bitching about play calling and fan support 1966794946
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-05, 13:19

Am I supposed to be pissed off about MSU football today? Guess I will check back in tomorrow .
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-05, 13:21

Students left the game early oh nooooo the horror
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-05, 13:37

I left the game early, too. I give no fucks if anyone thinks I'm a bad fan. I also left at halftime to go drink beer at the car with a buddy because we each had an extra ticket. I will do what I want with my time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-05, 14:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I left the game early, too. I give no fucks if anyone thinks I'm a bad fan. I also left at halftime to go drink beer at the car with a buddy because we each had an extra ticket. I will do what I want with my time.

I like that plan.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-05, 14:22

I think I'm going to blame my phone battery. I was in chat and we were kicking their ass then my phone battery warning came up and I had to leave chat. From that moment on, the game went to shit. I put the phone on my charger just before Nebraska's final drive, and we survived. My phone was fully charged at the start of the game and keeping the screen on during chat really sucks down the battery. Therefore, by the law of coincindence, my phone battery is to blame.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-05, 17:34

gHost Spartan wrote:

afro

That's too bad. I love winning. I was ecstatic last night. However, moving forward there are some serious concerns with the team. In the two biggest games of the year, Oregon and Nebraska, we blew leads and were outplayed in the second half of the games. At Oregon, it was almost as if we made zero adjustments at halftime. MSU scored 3 points in the second half. Last night MSU almost blew a 27-3 lead going into the fourth quarter. If you're not concerned about that then oh well.

I'm with you on Oregon. Didn't make adjustments.

But last nite how do you 'adjust' to shit officiating? Bullshit call after bullshit call.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-05, 17:36

Code_Warrior wrote:I think I'm going to blame my phone battery. I was in chat and we were kicking their ass then my phone battery warning came up and I had to leave chat. From that moment on, the game went to shit. I put the phone on my charger just before Nebraska's final drive, and we survived. My phone was fully charged at the start of the game and keeping the screen on during chat really sucks down the battery. Therefore, by the law of coincindence, my phone battery is to blame.

No surprise it's your fault. I was thinking it had to be Code Warrior doing something to fuck everything up.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down