Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats:

+14
Watch Out Pylon!
SawGreen
Rodeo Burger
Ass Dan
goodbar
Jake from State Farm
DWags
steveschneider
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jethro Bodeen
18 posters

Go down

Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats: Empty Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats:

Post by Jethro Bodeen Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:33 am

Im working on my "Artists Rendition" but short of that, here is my plan in words:

1) Put all students in the lower bowl
2) Build a concourse at the top of the SE corner of the stadium with bathrooms, concessions and escalators to the upper deck. Also airport style "moving walkways".
3) Build a base for future luxury boxes that encloses and covers the upper deck. ( Like the structure surrounds the upper deck on the West side)

You have to make the East Upper Deck easy to access, convenient and comfortable as its the worst part of the stadium. In warm weather games, on the East side, you have to trudge all the way to the top so you can almost assuredly go blind and die of heat stroke. Many people also don't like the steepness of the seats and feel uneasy at the top. With the surrounding structure as well as the better access and amenities, much of that feeling of being "far away" would be eliminated. And the base for future luxury boxes will provide some cover from rain, snow and some of the sun.

Cost? 50 Million. Call Eli Broad. He needs to make amends for inflicting that turd of an eyesore Art museum next to Berkey Hall.  ****ing hideous!
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats: Empty Re: Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats:

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:43 am

It's more simple. Serve alcohol. What is this, 1910?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats: Empty Re: Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats:

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:44 am

Many people also don't like the steepness of the seats and feel uneasy at the top.
I'm one of those people. I've only been up there once, but I swear about half the time, all I could do is imagine myself falling, hitting the railing and going over and dying. It made me nervous walking down the stairs.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:44 am

Free chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches for all who stay until the game is over.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:45 am

InTenSity wrote:
I'm one of those people. I've only been up there once, but I swear about half the time, all I could do is imagine myself falling, hitting the railing and going over and dying. It made me nervous walking down the stairs.

Next time take Booby Sak up there with you. TIA
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Cost? 50 Million.Call Eli Broad. He needs to make amends for inflicting that turd of an eyesore Art museum next to Berkey Hall.  ****ing hideous!
it's going to take more than a stadium upgrade to make up for that damn art museum sittin' on the side of Grand River..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:16 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Free chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches for all who stay until the game is over.
MSU Dairy store ice cream cookie sandwiches or Melting Moments - this is a key question
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's more simple. Serve alcohol. What is this, 1910?

Serving alcohol at Spartan Stadium would be worse than .10 Beer Night.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Hookers and blow. Hookers and blow.

Jesus, it's right in front of us. Dont' start serving them up until the fourth quarter starts.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it's going to take more than a stadium upgrade to make up for that damn art museum sittin' on the side of Grand River..

The "falling ice" signs next to it in the winter add a nice touch.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Serving alcohol at Spartan Stadium would be worse than .10 Beer Night.

As long as stadiums/athletic departments/NCAA won't serve alcohol at games, I can't take any of them bitching about attendance seriously.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Fleshlight promotions. leave fleshlights on each seat.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:
MSU Dairy store ice cream cookie sandwiches or Melting Moments - this is a key question

Seconded, which ones should I be boycotting?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:19 pm

No gimmick is going to work on this generation of student.

When I saw the recommendations of students interviewed by WILX, I had to laugh. One girl said she might have stayed if she got free hot chocolate. Another guy said the AD should email or text them what the weather will be so they can dress properly.

This is a generation that can't do anything for itself and folds at the first sign of adversity.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:33 pm

First, start trying to change the culture.

Then, build a point system by scanning student tickets on the way out (one scan per body). In-season concession rewards for prior game attendance duration. Other rewards for season totals. End of season totals go into next season priority.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:54 pm

SawGreen wrote:First, start trying to change the culture.

Then, build a point system by scanning student tickets on the way out (one scan per body). In-season concession rewards for prior game attendance duration. Other rewards for season totals. End of season totals go into next season priority.
From what I've heard it can take over an hour to get into the stadium, unless they figure out a way to do it quickly then nobody is going to wait in line to leave the stadium.

They could do things to make it a better experience for the students & fans in general- allow them to use their Spartan Cash for concessions, in stadium app that allows watching in game replays (some stadiums have this - or so I've read), raffle for students (food, basketball tickets, travel, sideline pass for a future game, sit in the pres/coach box, etc) who are there at the end of the game.
They talked about this on the Ebling show today - points that they discussed, lowering the field changed the game experience. It was a safety thing, as fans were rushing the field, tearing down goalposts...but it made it less intimate. Reduce the number of student season tickets, but make game day tickets available - reduced price, upper deck corner. Then you have people who want to be there, and not the no-shows as the students jam into the lower corner and leave the upper empty.
Keep dorm food service stay available later on night games; pointed out that they stop serving at midnight and if kids were in line for the game at 6 or 7 then they would have more incentive to leave if they wanted to eat as the Cornshucker games was a long slow affair.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Stop listening to homeland security. They are treating everyone like terrorists and making recommendations based on that. Treat students with respect and let them have fun, or say Fuck it.

Last edited by InTenSity on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 am

There is nothing wrong with the student section! It's the rest of the stadium that needs to step it up!!! - Corner Blitz
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:53 am

Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats: Hot-dog-gun
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 am

Wally Fairway wrote:From what I've heard it can take over an hour to get into the stadium, unless they figure out a way to do it quickly then nobody is going to wait in line to leave the stadium.

They could do things to make it a better experience for the students & fans in general- allow them to use their Spartan Cash for concessions, in stadium app that allows watching in game replays (some stadiums have this - or so I've read), raffle for students (food, basketball tickets, travel, sideline pass for a future game, sit in the pres/coach box, etc) who are there at the end of the game.
They talked about this on the Ebling show today - points that they discussed, lowering the field changed the game experience. It was a safety thing, as fans were rushing the field, tearing down goalposts...but it made it less intimate. Reduce the number of student season tickets, but make game day tickets available - reduced price, upper deck corner. Then you have people who want to be there, and not the no-shows as the students jam into the lower corner and leave the upper empty.
Keep dorm food service stay available later on night games; pointed out that they stop serving at midnight and if kids were in line for the game at 6 or 7 then they would have more incentive to leave if they wanted to eat as the Cornshucker games was a long slow affair.

My dog has a microchip. Why not chip the students? They could walk through a barrier and their chip tells a computer what time they entered and what time they left. Kind of like they do when you run marathons and shit. If a student tries to enter that doesn't have a chip, a trap door opens beneath them and they fall into a pit of vipers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:03 am

1) remove tailgate restrictions/bring students back on campus
2) fix ticket issues and reduce time to enter stadium

Would like to know #of actual seats vs. tickets sold and # of seats in lower bowl vs. students actually put there. Also since you all watch the student section you could see the upper deck start to fill before the lower was full...gotta fix that

But, assuming 1 seat/student (no way that's true right now)
-allow reentry
-cut upper deck #in half, remove upper deck and jam that number into the lower bowl
-remove upper deck, sell same # tickets and make lower bowl first come first serve
-move upper deck lot to opposite /NW corner to create second SS that would go back and fourth with current section. Sell uppers reduced as we don't even sell out every game, maybe a coaches corner for all the pros that don't cheer but instead critique every play from the stands

so all get rid of upper - takes too long to get into stadium, then add time for upper deck, plus lower still isn't full when upper starts filling and you're not part of the game like the rest of the SS. Plenty of people that don't want to be part of the game that could go up there.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:03 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

My dog has a microchip. Why not chip the students? They could walk through a barrier and their chip tells a computer what time they entered and what time they left. Kind of like they do when you run marathons and shit. If a student tries to enter that doesn't have a chip, a trap door opens beneath them and they fall into a pit of vipers.

Electric fence that section so they can't leave
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:06 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote: the rest of the stadium that needs to step it up!!! - Corner Blitz

You got that part right

Add on

"but I can't stand for a half hour. My Metamucil doesn't give me the energy to make noise for 20 second at a time" -green/silver seaters
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:10 am

Wally Fairway wrote:[quote="SawGreen", lowering the field changed the game experience. It was a safety thing, as fans were rushing the field, tearing down goalposts...but it made it less intimate

Why is this ok everywhere else, but such a huge problem here?

Last time scum won tB1G they opened the gates and helped students down to rush the field...we've got cops waiting to arrest you if you try that here
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:11 am

NigelUno wrote:Proposal regarding empty SE Stadium seats: Hot-dog-gun

This!! I'd sneak into the student section of they trot this out.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:25 am

Reserve a few awesome seats for the kids that want to line up then have assigned sections for the rest. No reason to herd those kids outside of the stadium for over an hour before kick. It's a sad scene everytime I walk by the SE corner with drink in my hand and seeing those kids in line already fighting hangovers.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:58 am

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Why is this ok everywhere else, but such a huge problem here?

Last time scum won tB1G they opened the gates and helped students down to rush the field...we've got cops waiting to arrest you if you try that here

How old are you that you remember the last time Michigan won the BigTen?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm just thankful we don't have to dread the public ridicule if less than 100,000 fans show up..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:44 pm

If keeping general admission, actually make it general admission and not different sections you're not allowed to enter

Give students actual tickets (would solve issue 2 in my op)
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down