Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted? If so, how cowardly!

+10
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Cosmo_Kramer
TrueGreenSpartan
Blanch32
tanfan!
Notorious GiB
Snake Plissken
SeeRockCity
ancientspartan
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted?  If so, how cowardly! - Page 2 Empty Re: Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted? If so, how cowardly!

Post by JEK Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:36

Well, this didn't last long.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Trevors-decision-to-merge-with-247-is-up-there-with--28198614

JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted?  If so, how cowardly! - Page 2 Empty Re: Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted? If so, how cowardly!

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:41

JEK wrote:Well, this didn't last long.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Trevors-decision-to-merge-with-247-is-up-there-with--28198614

Gone, what did it say?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:42

SeeRockCity wrote:

Gone, what did it say?

You gone. 247 has a hit out for you.  Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted?  If so, how cowardly! - Page 2 1550444538 
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:48

Giant Moose wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Gone, what did it say?

You gone. 247 has a hit out for you.  Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted?  If so, how cowardly! - Page 2 1550444538 

I am slow and easy to hit so they have an easy job.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:50

SeeRockCity wrote:

Gone, what did it say?

Green night (rightfully) complained about the state of the board. I made a crack about "if only there was a viable alternative to this place". Thread instantly nuked.

That kind of hush hush gestapo crap is exactly why an independent board was needed.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:52

ancientspartan wrote:
Ironic since the essence of sports is competition....so a sports bulletin board will do whatever it can do to dissuade competition.  Sounds like a pretty weak and fearful bunch to me over at 247.  Can I get banned over there for posting something like this over here?  Wouldn't put ir past snake pisscan to do something like that!  I love you
Not by me
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:54

Snake Plissken wrote:
ancientspartan wrote:
Ironic since the essence of sports is competition....so a sports bulletin board will do whatever it can do to dissuade competition.  Sounds like a pretty weak and fearful bunch to me over at 247.  Can I get banned over there for posting something like this over here?  Wouldn't put ir past snake pisscan to do something like that!  I love you
Not by me

Snake -

Tanfan yelled at me. Can you do something about that? He acts like he owns this place.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ancientspartan Thu 17 Apr 2014 - 22:00

Snake Plissken wrote:
ancientspartan wrote:
Not by me

You banned me a long time ago for "repetitive posting".....trust me, it was you. I "begged" another moderator with whom I am friends to intercede on my behalf! Actually, I don't have a problem with heavy handed mods when it comes to things like unnecessary profanity, sexism, racism, recruit bashing, player bashing, etc. In any case, not a problem even it if were you who banned me....as I noted, it is sort of a badge of honor!
ancientspartan
ancientspartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 10:00

Ghost I thought you started in 2004??
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 10:44

JEK wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Gone, what did it say?

Green night (rightfully) complained about the state of the board. I made a crack about "if only there was a viable alternative to this place". Thread instantly nuked.

That kind of hush hush gestapo crap is exactly why an independent board was needed.
It shows that they aren't very confident in their own product. It's not like this a competitor for dollars. And isn't that what 247 is all about? Noah and the people running 247 would probably welcome this site and hope that it succeeds in taking away the pesky Spartan fans that always bitch about the shitty message boards, leaving them with mostly just the recruitniks who are paying money.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 11:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:It shows that they aren't very confident in their own product.  It's not like this a competitor for dollars.  And isn't that what 247 is all about?  Noah and the people running 247 would probably welcome this site and hope that it succeeds in taking away the pesky Spartan fans that always bitch about the shitty message boards, leaving them with mostly just the recruitniks who are paying money.

It's Trevor's board and he can run it however he wants. But that doesn't mean there aren't consequences. When you've got people paying to use your product, and mods are locking everything in sight related to questions and criticisms, and going outside of the board guidelines and banning people just to fuel their power trips, then you are eventually going to run people off. And that's exactly what happened. All the technical issues and incompetent people running the site was the icing on the cake.

Also, while I appreciate Kilbridge and Spartan Rocky, 247 isn't the only source of Spartan news. There are many options.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 11:31

JEK wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:It shows that they aren't very confident in their own product.  It's not like this a competitor for dollars.  And isn't that what 247 is all about?  Noah and the people running 247 would probably welcome this site and hope that it succeeds in taking away the pesky Spartan fans that always bitch about the shitty message boards, leaving them with mostly just the recruitniks who are paying money.

It's Trevor's board and he can run it however he wants. But that doesn't mean there aren't consequences. When you've got people paying to use your product, and mods are locking everything in sight related to questions and criticisms, and going outside of the board guidelines and banning people just to fuel their power trips, then you are eventually going to run people off. And that's exactly what happened. All the technical issues and incompetent people running the site was the icing on the cake.

Also, while I appreciate Kilbridge and Spartan Rocky, 247 isn't the only source of Spartan news. There are many options.
I agree, but I accidentally downvoted you, not realizing that the it was downvotes. So I upvoted another one to even you out.  

With that, I think I've equaled the total votes I've ever cased on 247. Has the post on the 247 board announcing this startup board been deleted?  If so, how cowardly! - Page 2 502811600 
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2