Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum...

+6
Rodeo Burger
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
InTenSity
LoneWolfSparty
Heat Miser
10 posters

Go down

Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum... Empty Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum...

Post by Heat Miser Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:42 pm

FYI...Coach D ran out the clock against SCum rather than running up the score in 2013, 2011, 2010, & 2008. As long as they don't do anything stupid, he will again in the future. Don't poke the bear.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum... Empty Re: Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum...

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Heat Miser wrote:FYI...Coach D ran out the clock against SCum rather than running up the score in 2013, 2011, 2010, & 2008. As long as they don't do anything stupid, he will again in the future. Don't poke the bear.

After the stake I don't think he'll ever take a knee again.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum... Empty Re: Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum...

Post by InTenSity Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:50 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

After the stake I don't think he'll ever take a knee again.
It depends on who the next coach is. Coach D plays the respect card when he feels its being played. I'll guarantee that against just about any other team he takes the knee, I doubt he would against O$U, and I'm not sure if he would against PSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Yep. Poking the bear is very dumb. The Sleeping Giant is now WIDE AWAKE.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:07 pm

ESPN is saying this is the game in which we finally looked focused. There were parts that were hard for me to watch because we were watching at a bar, but the run game looked good. Was um's secondary really that good, or was something off? I guess it doesn't matter because we are so balanced now. I hope the team keeps the feelings of disrespect, and get fired up for O$U. They are going to need to play the full 60 minutes in that one.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:08 pm

I think this is spot on:

The coach has clearly lost control of his team. Asked afterward if he was aware his players had planned the pregame stake stunt, fourth-year Michigan coach Brady Hoke replied:

"I think I was aware that something happened. But I'm not fully aware."

Which pretty much sums up Hoke's countenance all season – like a '70s housewife whacked out on Prozac.

What coaches genuinely feel and say behind the scenes and what they offer for the cameras have become so totally separate lately that we almost expect it. But I think it's fair to say that a lot of people around the league are immensely enjoying seeing Michigan, for so long a place so totally enveloped in a cocoon of smug self-adulation, come completely off the rails.

The same was probably true of Ohio State in 2011 and Penn State in 2012. Everyone enjoys seeing the downfall of the self-righteous.

In each case, when things are going well for you, "best practices" (as a corporate-PR operative might term it) probably suggest that, especially these days, you avoid the indulgence of declaration and simply take your win, shake hands and get home.

For anything more extraneous, payback always comes eventually. And you might get it shoved.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/michigan_learning_what_others.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:09 pm

InTenSity wrote:ESPN is saying this is the game in which we finally looked focused. There were parts that were hard for me to watch because we were watching at a bar, but the run game looked good. Was um's secondary really that good, or was something off? I guess it doesn't matter because we are so balanced now. I hope the team keeps the feelings of disrespect, and get fired up for O$U. They are going to need to play the full 60 minutes in that one.

Cook was a little off. Missed some open guys, and also missed that some guys were open and threw to the wrong guy. I like the way he threw the ball away a few times instead of forcing it. But in general Cook was just not real crisp. Proof that their secondary is not very good is the Lippett TD. That was the worst play by a DB I've ever seen.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Heat Miser wrote:FYI...Coach D ran out the clock against SCum rather than running up the score in 2013, 2011, 2010, & 2008. As long as they don't do anything stupid, he will again in the future. Don't poke the bear.
well said.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:39 pm

It looked pretty windy down on the field, I think a few of those passes might have been just fine under better conditions. The 1 sack we took would have been a TD too, since Cook had just spotted a WR that was completely uncovered, but didn't have time to get the pass off.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:It looked pretty windy down on the field, I think a few of those passes might have been just fine under better conditions. The 1 sack we took would have been a TD too, since Cook had just spotted a WR that was completely uncovered, but didn't have time to get the pass off.

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Cook was a little off. Missed some open guys, and also missed that some guys were open and threw to the wrong guy. I like the way he threw the ball away a few times instead of forcing it. But in general Cook was just not real crisp. Proof that their secondary is not very good is the Lippett TD. That was the worst play by a DB I've ever seen.

Wide open Kings standing on the 5-yard line waving his arms like he's landing a jumbo jet made me cry a little when they showed the replay. Cook hits that and we get a 2nd easy touchdown, game might have been a lot longer for the bad guys.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:

Wide open Kings standing on the 5-yard line waving his arms like he's landing a jumbo jet made me cry a little when they showed the replay. Cook hits that and we get a 2nd easy touchdown, game might have been a lot longer for the bad guys.
After lowering his shoulder on the keeper on the first drive, he get a pass from me in every thing else! That. Was. AWESOME!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:50 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
After lowering his shoulder on the keeper on the first drive, he get a pass from me in every thing else! That. Was. AWESOME!

Yep. That was the ****ing best.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum... VBai0i4R9cvcfMXkIeMQ_early%201900s
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Coach D Taking the Knee vs. SCum... Pussys
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down