Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship

+2
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

Taking a knee

Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Vote_lcap100%Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
AvgMSUJoe, Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, Trapper Gus
Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Vote_lcap0%Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Empty Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-08, 11:46

My wife, noted football watcher during lions playoff games, decided that taking a knee to end the game is poor sportsmanship and that they should have to run a play. This was true for games the lions won, but especially for the game the lions lost. 

So that’s the question I’m giving to you. When there is an unsurmountable lead, should the leader be forced to run out a play and risk blowing it or is taking a knee acceptable as they have earned the right to be in this position?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Empty Re: Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-08, 12:02

while I understand the spirit of her argument, the taking of the knee is the proverbial white flag and also minimizes any potential risk of injury (albeit small) of, say, a hand-off up the middle.

also, strategically, from the offense's standpoint, it's one less exchange of the ball, thereby minimizing the risk of a fumble, as well.

survey says.. WIFE WRONG.

(don't tell her I said that, please).

Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5uchn1ek5d29n03s2tux2wht4md9feqeag4pj7zzd&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship Empty Re: Taking a knee- good strategy or bad sportsmanship

Post by DWags 2024-02-08, 12:02

How about clocking the ball? That too should be called intentional grounding because that was your only intention. You had no other.

Make them run a legitimate play.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-08, 12:04

DWags wrote:How about clocking the ball? That too should be called intentional grounding because that was your only intention. You had no other.

this.

it is literally the definition of 'intentional grounding'.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-08, 12:08

DWags wrote:How about clocking the ball?  That too should be called intentional grounding because that was your only intention. You had no other.

I’m not sure that that came up in any of the 3 game sample size that we’re talking about
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-08, 12:23

DWags wrote:How about clocking the ball? That too should be called intentional grounding because that was your only intention. You had no other.

100% agree
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-02-08, 15:25

Taking a knee is just clock management without trying to gain additional yardage. If there is no taking a knee then I think teams should not be allowed to go out of bounds to stop the clock either.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-08, 15:27

I need votes people, thank you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-02-08, 15:45

Rick Saunders wrote:Taking a knee is just clock management without trying to gain additional yardage. If there is no taking a knee then I think teams should not be allowed to go out of bounds to stop the clock either.
Yes... can o' worms.

Maybe they should just do without the clock all together. Have possessions like innings or whatever the hell cricket calls them....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-08, 16:52

I vote allowable and sportsmanlike
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down