Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"? Help me decide

+6
Mentalstate
Minnie
Rocinante
DWags
tig ol bitties
Ned Stark
10 posters

Go down

Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"?  Help me decide Empty Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"? Help me decide

Post by DWags 2014-04-24, 23:31

I probably can't link an article yet, but.......(shit I can't- google "search for four boston marathon bandits)If I can....

Four runners, took the image of a bib off of twitter, they used it to enter the Boston marathon and get runner medals at the end.  The article I tried to link shows their pictures and there is some massive search for who these four people are.  

If they ran the whole damn thing, should we be outraged that they stole a bib of the internet made a perfect copy of it and ran in the marathon?   I'll be outraged if someone tells me why I should be.   The running mags and stores are going bonkers over this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"?  Help me decide Empty Re: Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"? Help me decide

Post by Ned Stark 2014-04-24, 23:47

Yeah I really have no idea why anyone would give a phuck. A manhunt? Are you kidding me?
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"?  Help me decide Empty Re: Runners: Should I be outraged at the Boston Marathon "Bandits"? Help me decide

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-04-24, 23:56

I'm all for publicly identifying them for being douches.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-04-25, 00:16

gHost Spartan wrote:You have too much time on your hands

I'm 52 brah, I have little time, and a finite amount of hate and outrage to spew. So, I'm asking a legitimate question. Are these runner world magazines trying to stir up something that just isn't worth my ire? Why is this such a big crime? I must be missing something here. And I'm willing to get damn angry if I can be convinced of it. One girl "Lauren" has been outed on Facebook but she shut her page down. I guess she has the twitters too, it's only a matter of time before the other three desperado's get their comeupits. I'll help light the fire if we determine they should be burned at the stake for this heinous crime.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-25, 00:36

Yeah. They poop themselves and get mad respect for it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnie 2014-04-25, 00:53

Having watched how hard my brother-in-law has worked to qualify and run Boston three times, it's a bull-shit move for someone who hasn't qualified to print a bib and just jump into the race. If you aren't willing to put in the work to qualify, you deserve to have your ass publicly shamed by the folks who did.

Also, the organizers of the marathon need to find a way to address and put a stop to this happening again. If anyone can print a bib off the internet and run the course, that poses a huge safety issue for the runners and spectators.
Minnie
Minnie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-04-25, 00:56

Evidently, they were doing it for a charity, but being dumbasses, missed the cut off for applying, so they went ahead and did it anyway, and still did it for charity. They are known in the area's racing circles, ran in college, are supposed to be good people who did a very stupid thing.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-25, 06:59

Charge them with trespassing and be done with it.

J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-04-25, 07:48

Minnie wrote:Having watched how hard my brother-in-law has worked to qualify and run Boston three times, it's a bull-shit move for someone who hasn't qualified to print a bib and just jump into the race. If you aren't willing to put in the work to qualify, you deserve to have your ass publicly shamed by the folks who did.

Also, the organizers of the marathon need to find a way to address and put a stop to this happening again. If anyone can print a bib off the internet and run the course, that poses a huge safety issue for the runners and spectators.
Big deal. There are maybe 20 people in each bracket that have a legit chance of winning. The rest are just out for a jog. Somebody sneaking in takes nothing away from someone who "qualified" to go for a run with 35,999 other people who qualified and 4 who sneaked in.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-25, 08:03

To me this is a kind to purchasing 10 dolls tickets to the Msu vs prairie st football game from s season ticket holder.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-04-25, 08:09

if you want to be outraged, look a little bit harder and you'll probably be able to find more valid things to be outraged over..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-04-25, 08:40

blanch32 wrote:To me this is a kind to purchasing 10 dolls tickets to the Msu vs prairie st football game from s season ticket holder.  

Blow up? Don't you only need one?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down