Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty

+7
Ass Dan
75alum
NigelUno
Nommad2
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
SpartanInNH
11 posters

Go down

So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty Empty So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty

Post by SpartanInNH Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 22:06

Interesting.

Among those emails submitted by the NCAA, the Associated Press‘ Mark Scolforo reported “on July 17, 2012 — less than a week before the Penn State sanctions were announced — a majority on the NCAA executive committee favored the ‘death penalty’ that would shut down the football program for several years.”...

“In a subsequent call we informed you that it was Penn State’s cooperation and transparency that encouraged members of the executive committee to forgo the pursuit of a stop in play,” NCAA attorney Donald Remy wrote in the email.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/13/report-penn-state-nearly-received-the-death-penalty/
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty Empty Re: So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty

Post by Heat Miser Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 22:40

Always go with your gut, 1st notion is usually the right one, etc.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty Empty Re: So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 0:47

Shoulda done it. Shame that they changed their minds or whatever that means.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 9:24

I still feel Penn Rape is a disgrace to the entire conference. Too bad they didn't get hammered.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 9:34

So, they were going to give them the death penalty? And, then later lessened their sanctions?

OK.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 9:34

Is SMU the only Div I football team to receive the NCAA "death penalty"? How bad could their infractions have been compared to the PSU debacle? I understand that PSU was a whole different ball game compared to what the NCAA usually deals.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:07

My girlfriend is a Penn State fan, both her parents went to Penn State and we watch every PSU football game each Saturday. She has a magnet on her fridge that says 409, the number of wins joepa had before the NCAA wiped them out.

They insist that the NCAA is the biggest villain in this case and that the punishment handed down was far too strict.

It's fucked. She and I get into heated arguments because, while she agrees child rape is terrible, PSU has paid enough in her opinion and people just need to let the whole thing go. Nevermind the fact that PSU is the one dredging up this shit and arguing against its sanctions like petulant babies until they got they're way.

I wish the NCAA would have killed that ****ing program.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:38

certainly not minimizing the events for the children and their families, but it's a football team.. if you're genuinely concerned with child abuse and child sexual assault, there are a lot of other more productive ways to direct your efforts..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:43

Ass Dan wrote:My girlfriend is a Penn State fan, both her parents went to Penn State and we watch every PSU football game each Saturday. She has a magnet on her fridge that says 409, the number of wins joepa had before the NCAA wiped them out.

They insist that the NCAA is the biggest villain in this case and that the punishment handed down was far too strict.

It's fucked. She and I get into heated arguments because, while she agrees child rape is terrible, PSU has paid enough in her opinion and people just need to let the whole thing go. Nevermind the fact that PSU is the one dredging up this shit and arguing against its sanctions like petulant babies until they got they're way.

You get into heated arguments about it? Do you call her a petulant baby?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:certainly not minimizing the events for the children and their families, but it's a football team.. if you're genuinely concerned with child abuse and child sexual assault, there are a lot of other more productive ways to direct your efforts..

Seemed to be a criminal case to me. Not sure why the NCAA got involved. But, I could be wrong. It would be the first time, but it's possible.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:53

Nigel is afraid of women. He consistently talks about how arguing with women never ends well. I sense a henpecking.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:00

Rocinante wrote:Nigel is afraid of women.  He consistently talks about how arguing with women never ends well.  I sense a henpecking.

So Penn State was THAT close to the death penalty 502811600

I TOLD YOU WOMAN!!!  PENN STATE SUCKS!!!  SHUT IT!!!

OH YEAH!!! I'LL SHOW YOU!!! I'LL START MY OWN HOSPITAL!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:01

NigelUno wrote:

You get into heated arguments about it? Do you call her a petulant baby?

She gets on her pedestal a little bit and sometimes forgets that Penn state isn't the real victim
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:10

Ass Dan wrote:

She gets on her pedestal a little bit and sometimes forgets that Penn state isn't the real victim

Memorize this:

OK, Honey. Yes. Uh huh. What's for dinner?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:26

NigelUno wrote:

Memorize this:

OK, Honey. Yes. Uh huh. What's for dinner?

Would rather be single than a woman's bitch.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:28

Ass Dan wrote:

Like oh... I don't know... Nigel?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:36

Rocinante wrote:

Like oh... I don't know... Nigel?

What's your timeline for explaining the deal with a horse looking through a window as your avatar
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:37

Ass Dan wrote:

What's your timeline for explaining the deal with a horse looking through a window as your avatar

Probably about the time I'm ready to change it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:38

Rocinante wrote:

Probably about the time I'm ready to change it.

Let Don explain it......
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:49

Ass Dan wrote:My girlfriend is a Penn State fan, both her parents went to Penn State and we watch every PSU football game each Saturday. She has a magnet on her fridge that says 409, the number of wins joepa had before the NCAA wiped them out.

Sounds like a deal breaker to me.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:51

Heat Miser wrote:

yeah but she's hot and I'm into that.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:57

Ass Dan wrote:

Me thinks you talk a big game on the interwebs, and don't really get into heated arguments about Penn State. But, keep living the dream.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:57

Heat Miser wrote:

Well, I'm guessing he doesn't call HER a petulant baby...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:35

NigelUno wrote:

Me thinks you talk a big game on the interwebs, and don't really get into heated arguments about Penn State. But, keep living the dream.

Keep shootin, Tex
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:41

I TOLD YOU WOMAN!!! I WILL NOT STAND FOR YOUR NONSENSE ABOUT PENN STATE!!!

(Yes, dear...I will watch all the games with you)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:41

Ass Dan wrote:

yeah but she's hot and I'm into that.

Pix?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 19:01

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- Penn State's football team is getting back 112 wins wiped out during the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal and the late Joe Paterno has been restored as the winningest coach in major college football history.

The NCAA announced the new settlement with the school weeks before a scheduled trial on the legality of the 2012 consent decree it will replace.

The new deal also directs a $60 million fine to address child abuse be spent within Pennsylvania and resolves that lawsuit.

The NCAA board of governors approved the settlement, said association spokesman Bob Williams. The Penn State board approved it Friday afternoon.

Paterno again winningest coach
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 8:18

The Pantry wrote:STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- Penn State's football team is getting back 112 wins wiped out during the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal and the late Joe Paterno has been restored as the winningest coach in major college football history.

The NCAA announced the new settlement with the school weeks before a scheduled trial on the legality of the 2012 consent decree it will replace.

The new deal also directs a $60 million fine to address child abuse be spent within Pennsylvania and resolves that lawsuit.

The NCAA board of governors approved the settlement, said association spokesman Bob Williams. The Penn State board approved it Friday afternoon.

Paterno again winningest coach

Rolling Eyes Yeh, okay. Fuckers.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 10:36

So what can we take from this:

That Joe Patreno condones child rape.
That Penn State University condones child rape.
That the state of Pennsylvania condones child rape.
That the NCAA condones child rape.

If you think "condones" is too strong of a word consider this - every one of these entities shows through their actions, their belief that you do not have a responsibility to report child rape and can allow that abuse to continue (well at least as long as everyone is making money).

It is a ****ed up world we live in.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down