Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning

+11
The_Dude
AvgMSUJoe
Chitown_Badger
The Pantry
Blanch32
Jake from State Farm
Nommad2
InTenSity
Rocinante
kingstonlake
LoneWolfSparty
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning Empty I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-04, 12:31

Praise Jesus Obama!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning Empty Re: I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-04, 12:32

For you over sensitive religious types, that's pronounced Heyzeus.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning Empty Re: I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-04, 12:41

Hopefully you pulled the catalytic converter on that bitch so you can pollute like like good conservative.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-04, 12:43

Praise the Saudis and our other "allies" in OPEC for trying to starve North American Oil out of the market. It's going to work, too.

One thing I certainly hit Obama on is his lack of pressure on our allies when it comes to America's energy interests. These low oil prices will halt the new American Oil plays and it will severely ding our economy.

I don't necessarily believe that the administration has a "war on coal" or that these developments serve their long-term "sustainable energy" push. That seems a bit of a conspiracy theory. But I do believe that they have had trouble throughout this administration bolstering America's economic interests in the world. They seem unable to multitask.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-04, 12:44

kingstonlake wrote:Hopefully you pulled the catalytic converter on that bitch so you can pollute like like good conservative.

Uh. No. I would never desecrate my Chevy Volt like that.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-04, 12:45

Rocinante wrote:Praise the Saudis and our other "allies" in OPEC for trying to starve North American Oil out of the market.  It's going to work, too.

One thing I certainly hit Obama on is his lack of pressure on our allies when it comes to America's energy interests.  These low oil prices will halt the new American Oil plays and it will severely ding our economy.

I don't necessarily believe that the administration has a "war on coal" or that these developments serve their long-term "sustainable energy" push.  That seems a bit of a conspiracy theory.  But I do believe that they have had trouble throughout this administration bolstering America's economic interests in the world.  They seem unable to multitask.
So...no more Keystone pipeline?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-04, 12:46

InTenSity wrote:
So...no more Keystone pipeline?

Actually, I think lower oil prices INCREASE the chance of a keystone pipeline going through during the Obama administration. right now, rail is being used effectively to get that oil to market, but as oil prices drop, it could become prohibitively expensive and the pipeline becomes more lucrative.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-04, 12:59

Great news. Now I can save few bucks while driving around making sure there are no religious displays on government property this holiday season.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-12-04, 13:03

Thanks, Obama! I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning 2275418548
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-04, 13:05

Rocinante wrote:Praise the Saudis and our other "allies" in OPEC for trying to starve North American Oil out of the market. It's going to work, too.

One thing I certainly hit Obama on is his lack of pressure on our allies when it comes to America's energy interests. These low oil prices will halt the new American Oil plays and it will severely ding our economy.

Nobody wants to work in North Dakota during the winter anyway.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-04, 13:07

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Nobody wants to work in North Dakota during the winter anyway.

ND is already petering out. It's moved to MT, SD, WY, and CO. But yeah, ND in the winter is the worst place in America.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-04, 13:13

Pffff. $2.53 down here. 2.35 in sc
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-17, 22:08

$2.10 TONIGHT!!!

Soon it will be free, just like healthcare. All hail the Messiah Obama!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-17, 22:18

LoneWolfSparty wrote:$2.10 TONIGHT!!!

Fuck Reagan!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-17, 22:22

InTenSity wrote:

Fuck Reagan!

I once paid 63 cents per gallon while Reagan was pres. But he's white, so yeah screw him.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-17, 22:27

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Praise Jesus Obama!!
You got robbed by the terrorist democrat.

$2.45 and lower in Detroit suburbs
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-17, 22:29

The Pantry wrote:You got robbed by the terrorist democrat.

$2.45 and lower in Detroit suburbs

That price was 2 weeks ago duder.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-17, 22:39

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

That price was 2 weeks ago duder.
fuck off for bumping your threads which I don't usually read. At least change the thread title, ass hat
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-17, 22:40

The Pantry wrote:
fuck off for bumping your threads which I don't usually read. At least change the thread title, ass hat

I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning 502811600

Love you too The Pantry.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-18, 12:33

LoneWolfSparty wrote:$2.10 TONIGHT!!!

No shit?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-22, 11:28

Let's all remember this moment and this thread the next time gas prices go back up and everyone is bitching and misremembering how oil is priced on the world market.

Everyone say it with me: oil companies don't set gas prices.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-22, 11:35

Chitown_Badger wrote:
Everyone say it with me: oil companies don't set gas prices.

Wait... weren't we all told "Demand in China" and "Low supply" was the reason it skyrocketed to $4/gal in the first place? (had nothing to do with market manipulation, they said...)

Did China implode? Did someone find a huge reserve?

No Opec's kabul fell apart and the MARKET MANIPULATION which kept the price artificially high blew t fk up. So yes, the price is "man made" and not a market force.

Lean on Suadi's hard the next time we see $4 a gallon.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-22, 12:05

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Who are we going to get to do that?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-22, 12:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Wait... weren't we all told "Demand in China" and "Low supply" was the reason it skyrocketed to $4/gal in the first place? (had nothing to do with market manipulation, they said...)

Did China implode? Did someone find a huge reserve?

No Opec's kabul fell apart and the MARKET MANIPULATION which kept the price artificially high blew t fk up. So yes, the price is "man made" and not a market force.

I didn't say that other forces don't act on the price, I said that oil companies don't set the price. Every time the prices go up, people incorrectly rail against the oil companies and how much money they make, etc. But it's incorrect and misplaced.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 12:16

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I didn't say that other forces don't act on the price, I said that oil companies don't set the price. Every time the prices go up, people incorrectly rail against the oil companies and how much money they make, etc. But it's incorrect and misplaced.

Sort of. OPEC is inextricably linked at the abdomen to some of those "oil companies" so they are implicit in driving the price down to make their product's long-term value greater. I'm predicting about a year, maybe two at the most of low prices before it shoots back up to over a hundred a barrel. Then, the U.S. exploitation market picks up again and this cycle repeats. This is market assassination by OPEC, pure and simple. They know their oil is easier to get and cheaper to process, they have the bankroll to ride this out, they see N. American oil as a threat, they will glut the market until N. American oil is no longer profitable.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-22, 12:25

So when the prices go down, it's the oil companies fault, and when it goes up it's the oil companies fault. You've found a way to blame oil companies even when prices come down. lol!

How exactly is their oil easier to get than N. American oil? I also fail to see how lower prices make oil's long term value greater.

This introduction to oil pricing gives a good overview. (not included in price determination: oil companies)

:http://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/08/determining-oil-prices.asp
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 12:34

Chitown_Badger wrote:So when the prices go down, it's the oil companies fault, and when it goes up it's the oil companies fault. You've found a way to blame oil companies even when prices come down. lol!

How exactly is their oil easier to get than N. American oil? I also fail to see how lower prices make oil's long term value greater.

This introduction to oil pricing gives a good overview. (not included in price determination: oil companies)

:http://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/08/determining-oil-prices.asp

The refining process is generally much less for middle east crude than for American crude. Especially Canadian tar sands oil. The extraction process for that stuff is ridiculous, not to mention it has to be treated for transport TO the refining facilities. There are a lot of extra expenses to N. American crude. To blame speculation is a joke. This is a strategic market move by OPEC, largely. But go ahead and keep believing the narrative that keeps commissions for brokers rolling in. Remember, people make money whether the price is rising or falling, and it's in "the market's" best interest if people keep believing that price is outside of the control of the suppliers. Energy is not widgets. Energy has essentially a fixed demand.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 12:37

And for the record, this is unprecedented. OPEC has generally been willing to keep supply down to keep price up. Therefore, my explanation that this is strategic is not mere conjecture.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-22, 12:39

Rocinante wrote:

The refining process is generally much less for middle east crude than for American crude. Especially Canadian tar sands oil. The extraction process for that stuff is ridiculous, not to mention it has to be treated for transport TO the refining facilities. There are a lot of extra expenses to N. American crude. To blame speculation is a joke. This is a strategic market move by OPEC, largely. But go ahead and keep believing the narrative that keeps commissions for brokers rolling in. Remember, people make money whether the price is rising or falling, and it's in "the market's" best interest if people keep believing that price is outside of the control of the suppliers. Energy is not widgets. Energy has essentially a fixed demand.

Again, my point is that the oil companies don't set the prices. Blaming them when the prices go up is misplaced. (but a convenient narrative for the liberals and anti-business crowd when prices do inevitably go up again).
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 12:42

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Again, my point is that the oil companies don't set the prices. Blaming them when the prices go up is misplaced. (but a convenient narrative for the liberals and anti-business crowd when prices do inevitably go up again).

OPEC includes many State-owned Oil companies, so you're wrong. They do set prices.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-21/non-opec-producers-called-on-to-cut-oil-output-amid-oversupply.html
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-22, 12:47

About time...I was wondering when our emperor was going to wave his wand to lower gas prices! bom
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-22, 15:00

Rocinante wrote:

OPEC includes many State-owned Oil companies, so you're wrong. They do set prices.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-21/non-opec-producers-called-on-to-cut-oil-output-amid-oversupply.html

Nowhere in that article did it mention state owned oil companies. It talked about OPEC, which is one group of countries that produces the commodity. So...

The article correctly notes that the increased US production being part of the reason for the lowering prices. That's good. For years, people (mostly liberals) have been hollering about no war for oil, and talking about how we need energy independence. Well, we're getting there and that's a good thing, but liberals can now rail against domestic drilling practices, and it's still the oil companies fault somehow. It's funny, they're never happy.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-22, 15:02

The_Dude wrote:About time...I was wondering when our emperor was going to wave his wand to lower gas prices! bom

Bush never did that when he was in office because he was in the pocket of big oil and he could intentionally keep prices high I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning 1966794946
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-22, 15:23

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Nowhere in that article did it mention state owned oil companies. It talked about OPEC, which is one group of countries that produces the commodity. So...

The article correctly notes that the increased US production being part of the reason for the lowering prices. That's good. For years, people (mostly liberals) have been hollering about no war for oil, and talking about how we need energy independence. Well, we're getting there and that's a good thing, but liberals can now rail against domestic drilling practices, and it's still the oil companies fault somehow. It's funny, they're never happy.

Roci making things up for the sake of his argument?? Shocking....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 17:31

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I used the article to illustrate that OPEC (composed primarily of state-owned and operated oil companies) is the only organization not willing to lower output to stabilize the price. Look at OPEC's history, when they were the only real game in town they have been more than willing to lower output to bring prices up. Therefore, their unwillingness to do it now has strategic significance. I really have no idea what this has to do with Liberals. You sound like the Dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 18:12

Just do a little reading you guys. I know what I'm talking about.

http://www.eia.gov/finance/markets/supply-opec.cfm

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/opecs-holiday-present-helps-everyone-except-frackers

But perhaps the most fascinating question arising from OPEC’s decision is what impact it will have on the North American fracking industry, which is, in many ways, its ultimate target. Fearful that booming production of shale oil would lead to a permanent glut of crude, which would keep prices low indefinitely, OPEC’s members, particularly Saudi Arabia, are declaring war on the frackers, by allowing the price of crude to fall to a level at which a lot of American companies would lose money on their shale operations.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-12-22, 19:08

Paid $2.34 in NoLa a few hours ago.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-22, 21:09

I think it was more this then the oil companies... It was the oil industry and Texas' W. making out on them.

I paid $2.63/ gallon to fill up this morning Bush-and-saudi-king
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-23, 11:04

Gas was 2.19 in Columbus Ohio when I left to visit family. Probably at 2.09 now.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2014-12-23, 11:11

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Praise Jesus Obama!!

Just think how low the price would be without Obama's resistance to oil independence.

Well we can all celebrate the higher utility bills, he is doing well in that arena too.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next