Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article

+9
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
Herbie Green
I.B. Fine
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
The_Dude
InTenSity
steveschneider
13 posters

Go down

Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article Empty Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article

Post by steveschneider Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:02

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2014/12/07/college-football-playoff-ohio-state-baylor-tcu-drew-sharp/20064369/

Spot on, every word of it.

You guys that think that pulling for Ohio State will help the conference are wrong. You are just holding up a tired old system that favors the big names in CFB.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article Empty Re: Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article

Post by InTenSity Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:15

Drew is pissed off the B1G is in the playoff. All year he has been railing against them, and at the end OSU got in. He's pissed that he's about to lose his voting privileges. The B12 knew that it scheduled horribly outside its conference. The committee really ****ed up last week though, and they tried to fix it this week. I don't see how a team that loses its last game jumps 3 spots to be better than a team that won its last 3 games.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article Empty Re: Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article

Post by The_Dude Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:20

Article reaks of butthurt from Sharp. Hurts his anti B1G schtick.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:30

The Buckeyes didn't have as many quality wins as TCU and Baylor wrote:

How exactly is he measuring this?

In my thread earlier, against my projected final Top 25, which was pretty damned close to what was final, here is what I found:

Bama - L @ #9, W @ #23, W vs. #8, W CCG vs. #16
Oregon - W vs. #7, L vs. #13, W @ #14, W @ # 22, W CCG vs. #13
TCU - W vs. #25, L @ #6(?), W vs. #11
OSU - L vs. UR, W @ #7, W @ #25, W CCG vs. #20
Baylor - L @ UR, W vs. #3(?), W vs. #11

Worst loss of the above - by far OSU, followed by Baylor loss @ UR WVU

Best win of the above - Toss up between OSU @ #7 and Baylor vs. #3 (@ Baylor)

Quality road wins - Bama 1, Oregon 2, OSU 2, TCU 0, Baylor 0

Total # of quality wins (Top 25) - Bama 3, Oregon 4, TCU 2, OSU 3, Baylor 2

If you look at Top 60, OSU was 7-1, and TCU and Baylor were 5-1, per the Selection show.

Nice made up 'stat' Drew Dull.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:42

You guys that think that pulling for Ohio State will help the conference are wrong. You are just holding up a tired old system that favors the big names in CFB.

So OSU beating Bama wouldn't help the BIG? Do explain.

His premise is correct, but when he threw out the word "metrics" when most of the metrics point to OSU, it reeks of another BIG hit piece. I guess that is why it was so short.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:42

Grass is green,
Water is wet,
Drew is a butt hurt troll

Please stop feeding him
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:05

Drew is going to hide under his bed until new years. Hell yeah I want OSU to win. Then I want them to lose to Oregon. That would be perfect in my book
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:16

Herbie Green wrote:Drew is going to hide under his bed until new years. Hell yeah I want OSU to win. Then I want them to lose to Oregon. That would be perfect in my book

This right here

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:22

OP needs to read that article again. Drew is terrible. The Selection committee got it right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:23

steveschneider wrote:http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2014/12/07/college-football-playoff-ohio-state-baylor-tcu-drew-sharp/20064369/

Spot on, every word of it.

Couldn't disagree more. Drew sharp is crying because he was wrong about the big ten.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 14:21

I'm sure this has been linked already, but WTF is going on with Sharp lately? I swear he is building up MSU to tear it down unless they win the NCG.

Sharp piece about McCoy and Cook.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 14:41

InTenSity wrote:I'm sure this has been linked already, but WTF is going on with Sharp lately? I swear he is building up MSU to tear it down unless they win the NCG.

Sharp piece about McCoy and Cook.

I feel like nationally Cook is so under appreciated, the guy is an unbelievably good quarter back. Good on Drew Sharp for writing that column, Cook deserves the praise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 14:49

Ftr, I'd hit it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 15:39

Sometimes I like to read the comments, then I run across that chump who calls himself "Mike Baker" and I'm reminded of the human filth that inhabits the u of m cesspool.

ps. Good work, Drew.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 15:46

Blanch32 wrote:Ftr, I'd hit it

Drew Sharp Finally Wrote a Good Article 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down