Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction

+13
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Blanch32
Bizarro Fletch
tTito
Rocinante
Turtleneck
goodbar
Floyd Robertson
Ass Dan
17 posters

Go down

Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction Empty Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-16, 15:04

Forde and vannini on Twitter both saying that nardawg is among the list of potential list of candidates for the colorado state job. Others named were Scott Frost, Vance Bedford, Billy Gonzalez, Tony Alford, Dave Baldwin, and Marty English.

Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction Empty Re: Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-16, 15:12

He's not on the list of candidates that I drew up for the CSU job, so I don't think there's anything truth to Forde's or Vannini's speculation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction Empty Re: Narduzzi and CSU getting some traction

Post by goodbar 2014-12-16, 15:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:He's not on the list of candidates that I drew up for the CSU job, so I don't think there's anything truth to Forde's or Vannini's speculation.

yeah. I just checked my list too and there's no Nardawg on there anywhere so this has to be false.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-16, 15:25

Harbaugh is the leader for the CSU job.

Harbaugh is also on the list of names to replace a recent retiree where I work.

Harbaugh thought to be the next General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-16, 15:25

I'm not sure I buy narduzzi as a head coach. Not because I don't want him to leave, although I don't. There's just something about his personality that lends itself well to coordinator. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see I guess.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-16, 15:27

goodbar wrote:

yeah. I just checked my list too and there's no Nardawg on there anywhere so this has to be false.

See, great minds think alike. We should compare notes at Turtleneck's Cotton Bowl watch party, that is, if you're going.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-16, 15:27

Rocinante wrote:I'm not sure I buy narduzzi as a head coach. Not because I don't want him to leave, although I don't. There's just something about his personality that lends itself well to coordinator. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see I guess.

Way to relegate him to coordinator his whole life. Well guess what? You're not mod material and are going to be a measly poster forever.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-16, 15:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:

See, great minds think alike. We should compare notes at Turtleneck's Cotton Bowl watch party, that is, if you're going.

It's at Bob's house. You are all invited. Please PM Nigel for info and tickets.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-16, 15:32

Turtleneck wrote:

Way to relegate him to coordinator his whole life. Well guess what? You're not mod material and are going to be a measly poster forever.

You just hate me cuz you ain't me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-16, 15:43

Wish I lived in Wyoming. For real.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-12-16, 15:43

Narduzzi is going to Pitt

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Good-for-Wisky-but-may-not-be-for-MSU-Narduzzi-to-Pitt-33808500
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-12-16, 15:46

Geography does matter and Narddog to CSU seems like a stretch. But Narddog to Pitt seems like a perfect fit. I'm actually all for it - he takes that gig for five years, and comes back with head coaching experience when Dantonio hangs his massive brass balls up in the Hall of Fame.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-16, 15:54

tTito wrote:Narduzzi is going to Pitt

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Good-for-Wisky-but-may-not-be-for-MSU-Narduzzi-to-Pitt-33808500

Oh well good. Glad that's settled.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-16, 15:56

Turtleneck wrote:Wish I lived in Wyoming. For real.

So your horse could live in a barn and not eat at the dinner table?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-16, 16:27

Ass Dan wrote:Forde and vannini on Twitter both saying that nardawg is among the list of potential list of candidates for the colorado state job. Others named were Scott Frost, Vance Bedford, Billy Gonzalez, Tony Alford, Dave Baldwin, and Marty English.

Dave Baldwin? Where has he been? Shocked he hasn't gotten a bcs OC gig in a while
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-16, 16:31

Baldwin was OC and is interim CSU coach right now for the bowl
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-16, 16:44

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Geography does matter and Narddog to CSU seems like a stretch. But Narddog to Pitt seems like a perfect fit. I'm actually all for it - he takes that gig for five years, and comes back with head coaching experience when Dantonio hangs his massive brass balls up in the Hall of Fame.

That actually doesn't sound bad. The concern though is what that does to the MSU defense immediately vs what might work out 5 years from now.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-16, 16:48

Herbie Green wrote:

That actually doesn't sound bad.  The concern though is what that does to the MSU defense immediately vs what might work out 5 years from now.
One of our defensive minded coaches has a ring on his finger for winning a NC.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-16, 16:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:

So your horse could live in a barn and not eat at the dinner table?

I would rather let my horse eat next to me at the table than most humans.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-16, 21:28

Ass Dan wrote:Forde and vannini on Twitter both saying that nardawg is among the list of potential list of candidates for the colorado state job. Others named were Scott Frost, Vance Bedford, Billy Gonzalez, Tony Alford, Dave Baldwin, and Marty English.

BS. Nardawg was up for the Texas gig, and turned it down. Now you're telling me he's leaving MSU, and Connor Cook's senior year, to take Colorado Fucking State? I don't think so, Tim.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-16, 22:46

SpartanInNH wrote:

BS. Nardawg was up for the Texas gig, and turned it down. Now you're telling me he's leaving MSU, and Connor Cook's senior year, to take Colorado Fucking State? I don't think so, Tim.

Nardawg wasn't up for the Texas job, dantonio was
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-16, 23:01

Yeah, he might be a candidate, and he may interview, but I don't think he's going to CSU. Pitt I would believe to be a much more likely destination.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-17, 10:24

Mike Bobo (OC @ Georgia) is interviewing for the CSU job.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-17, 10:59

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Geography does matter and Narddog to CSU seems like a stretch. But Narddog to Pitt seems like a perfect fit. I'm actually all for it - he takes that gig for five years, and comes back with head coaching experience when Dantonio hangs his massive brass balls up in the Hall of Fame.
I was thinking the exact same thing..

GO GREEN!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-17, 12:28

cSU is a stepping stone job while Pitt is more a destination due to craptastic acc.

W that said, not sure either is good enough for nardawg. Perfect place for him is Miami fwiw
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-17, 12:35

....and if CSU is smart. They either tap uofms oc nuss or our very own at CMU and keep the jls train a rolling
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-17, 12:44

Blanch32 wrote:cSU is a stepping stone job while Pitt is more a destination due to craptastic acc.

W that said, not sure either is good enough for nardawg. Perfect place for him is Miami fwiw

You think the nardawg could revitalize the 'U'?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-17, 13:01

steveschneider wrote:

You think the nardawg could revitalize the 'U'?

Fwiw that's what he based his D on....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-12-17, 13:43

Blanch32 wrote:

Fwiw that's what he based his D on....
So basing the style/philosophy of his D on a defense run by a staff that is long gone, and with players that are long gone and were in massive violation of NCAA rules somehow means that he could go there and be successful?

I don't think he'd be a good fit with the culture of the U or the city. Oh sure, they'd like the swagger (if he could come close to replicating what he's done on defense at MSU), but not the integrity and discipline that he'd bring.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-17, 14:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:
So basing the style/philosophy of his D on a defense run by a staff that is long gone, and with players that are long gone and were in massive violation of NCAA rules somehow means that he could go there and be successful?

I don't think he'd be a good fit with the culture of the U or the city. Oh sure, they'd like the swagger (if he could come close to replicating what he's done on defense at MSU), but not the integrity and discipline that he'd bring.

Dude can dominate with integrity. He'd be fine
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-12-17, 15:28

Ass Dan wrote:Forde and vannini on Twitter both saying that nardawg is among the list of potential list of candidates...

So what you're saying is that there's a list of a list, on which he is listed??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-12-17, 15:41

Blanch32 wrote:

Dude can dominate with integrity. He'd be fine
I'm not talking about integrity in the sense of not having a Luther Campbell or Nevin Shapiro helping the program, I mean just in how he carries himself, recruiting (even within NCAA rules), discipline, etc. Assuming Duzzi were to run his program similar to how MD does, I think he'd ruffle a lot of feathers down here.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down