Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Narduzzi article

+10
kingstonlake
pulling69
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Tim Wakefield
SpartanInNH
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
14 posters

Go down

Good Narduzzi article Empty Good Narduzzi article

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 11:41

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2015/08/23/Even-after-heartbreak-Pitt-s-Narduzzi-follows-father-s-footsteps/stories/201508230097
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good Narduzzi article Empty Re: Good Narduzzi article

Post by DWags Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 11:52

"Even though the telestrator technology isn’t quite fine-tuned — another problem the coach has to address — Narduzzi is showing his staff how to use it. The coaches are watching film of the first drive from last season’s Cotton Bowl, in which Narduzzi’s Michigan State defense gave up 41 points to Baylor. The reason Narduzzi chose that tape? “Because I want to get angry.”

Shit, gonna miss this guy.  Pitt's my second favorite team.   Pray he's our next head coach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 12:03

Dang.

No one can recall exactly when Bill Narduzzi started his chemotherapy treatments for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, largely because Narduzzi himself tried to keep his illness as private as possible.

He had a special arrangement at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, Ohio, to get his treatment around 4 a.m., and then he’d go to work with a trash can under his desk in case he got sick.

“He never missed a day’s work,” Mark Mangino, a graduate assistant for Youngstown State in 1985, said of the team’s head coach. “You could tell those treatments were tough on him, being sick. He never showed a sign of letting up.”

By the end of the 1985 season, Narduzzi had beaten back the cancer into remission, but he was fired shortly thereafter, a victim of university politicking. He struggled to find another job, teams wary of his health. He eventually took a job as an assistant at lowly Columbia, though it didn’t take long for the cancer to return.

Bill Narduzzi was 51 when he died Feb. 4, 1988.

And Nardawg's first game as head coach? Against Youngstown State.

Go get 'em, Nardawg. And good find, WBH, thanks.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 12:04

DWags wrote:"Even though the telestrator technology isn’t quite fine-tuned — another problem the coach has to address — Narduzzi is showing his staff how to use it. The coaches are watching film of the first drive from last season’s Cotton Bowl, in which Narduzzi’s Michigan State defense gave up 41 points to Baylor. The reason Narduzzi chose that tape? “Because I want to get angry.”

Shit, gonna miss this guy.  Pitt's my second favorite team.   Pray he's our next head coach.

Impossible not to pull for the guy.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Oct 2015 - 14:01

Pat Narduzzi describes why his teams dominate the 3rd quarter

The third quarter has always been Pat Narduzzi’s time, and that’s continuing at Pitt.

Through seven games, Pitt has outscored opponents 45-16 in the third quarter and only allowed two field goals since the opening game. By comparison, the Panthers have been outscored by opponents in the second quarter and are tied in the fourth. In his eight years at Michigan State as defensive coordinator, the Spartans never had a negative scoring margin in the third quarter.

On SiriusXM College Sports Nation, Narduzzi said the third quarter success comes down to visuals at halftime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 27 Oct 2015 - 14:36

LooseGoose wrote:Pat Narduzzi describes why his teams dominate the 3rd quarter

The third quarter has always been Pat Narduzzi’s time, and that’s continuing at Pitt.

Through seven games, Pitt has outscored opponents 45-16 in the third quarter and only allowed two field goals since the opening game. By comparison, the Panthers have been outscored by opponents in the second quarter and are tied in the fourth. In his eight years at Michigan State as defensive coordinator, the Spartans never had a negative scoring margin in the third quarter.

On SiriusXM College Sports Nation, Narduzzi said the third quarter success comes down to visuals at halftime.
Wow
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 27 Oct 2015 - 14:50

I really really really would like him to be our head coach after Dantonio.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015 - 22:37

Solari spent a week in Pittsburgh.,....

Narduzzi building his legacy in Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH - As a train chugs along a few dozen yards from the south end of the Pitt Panthers’ practice complex, Pat Narduzzi’s engine kicks into overdrive.

His loud, barking voice encourages and critiques his players, just like always. His eyes dart back and forth, analyzing, scanning for anything out of sync, just like always. His frantic hands wave and point as if he's conducting an orchestra, just like always.

Narduzzi’s intensity and perfectionism haven’t changed one bit.

“Now, instead of just getting the defense revved up, you try to get the whole team,” Narduzzi said in his mile-a-minute manner. “You can affect the whole game instead of just one part. For me, it’s times three – it’s offense, defense and special teams. I don’t think it has to change.”

It’s a dream for a football junkie like Narduzzi. And the former Michigan State defensive coordinator lives it daily, surrounded by the game he grew up with and living his new life as the man in charge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 11:09

Solari: More Pat Narduzzi, from the cutting room floor

PITTSBURGH - After spending a week in the Steel City around Pat Narduzzi and his new Pitt football program, one thing was clear.

Narduzzi the head coach is as personable and engaging off the field as he is intense on it.

Much of that shows in my long profile on the former Michigan State defensive coordinator, who took the Pitt job in December after turning down other opportunities over the years. But there were a lot of topics that didn't quite fit in that story.

Here are some of the leftovers, from Narduzzi and others, that ended up on the cutting room floor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:Solari: More Pat Narduzzi, from the cutting room floor

PITTSBURGH - After spending a week in the Steel City around Pat Narduzzi and his new Pitt football program, one thing was clear.

Narduzzi the head coach is as personable and engaging off the field as he is intense on it.

Much of that shows in my long profile on the former Michigan State defensive coordinator, who took the Pitt job in December after turning down other opportunities over the years. But there were a lot of topics that didn't quite fit in that story.

Here are some of the leftovers, from Narduzzi and others, that ended up on the cutting room floor.

I found this to be a pretty interesting comment.

ON RECRUITING MICHIGAN KIDS

“We’ll go up into Michigan a little bit, but Michigan State’s going to dominate and get their guys. If there’s a chance, they’re going to take them, and they’re looking for the same thing we’re looking for. I think the state of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, I think those are the ones we’re going to sink our teeth into. And we’re going to go down to Florida and Georgia.”

Does that mean that MSU, in Narduzzi's opinion, is controlling the state? I could see that, but there also aren't that many prospects, are there?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 10:55

NARDUZZI AGREES TO NEW CONTRACT AT PITT THROUGH 2021
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:00

LooseGoose wrote:NARDUZZI AGREES TO NEW CONTRACT AT PITT THROUGH 2021

That's the last extension he needs there before he comes home to E.L.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 14:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:

That's the last extension he needs there before he comes home to E.L.

Sounds like NarDawg was a hot commodity in this year's coach slaughter
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 17:34

He probably has an "out" clause for MSU whenever he wants Good Narduzzi article 2599972566
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 17:37

pulling69 wrote:

He probably has an "out" clause for MSU whenever he wants Good Narduzzi article 2599972566

Hmmm, Strange Pitt wouldn't highlight that in their announcement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 18:57

Not sure the age factor works for Narduzzi

I could see coach D here for another 8 years. That puts Narduzzi @ 57.... Maybe I guess.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 10:13

All teams have issues.....

Andrea Adelson‏Verified account @aadelsonESPN 17h17 hours ago
More
Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi kicks starting DE Rori Blair off team, suspends Jordan Whitehead 3 games, plus more ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 10:16

LooseGoose wrote:All teams have issues.....

Andrea Adelson‏Verified account @aadelsonESPN 17h17 hours ago
More
Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi kicks starting DE Rori Blair off team, suspends Jordan Whitehead 3 games, plus more ...

We could use a DE. Especially one trained by Narduzzi.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:48

Jeff Hathhorn‏Verified account @jhathhorn 2h2 hours ago
More
Pat Narduzzi on suspensions-we will be a disciplined program, if u lose discipline, u lose credibility
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:56

I was in Pittsburgh last weekend. Went to a bar on the south side (The Southpaw, highly recommended) that was owned by a Pitt grad. Had a good talk about Narduzzi. Cool story bro
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:58

LooseGoose wrote:Jeff Hathhorn‏Verified account @jhathhorn 2h2 hours ago
More
Pat Narduzzi on suspensions-we will be a disciplined program, if u lose discipline, u lose credibility

Rogue program

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/28/pat-narduzzi-dismisses-starting-de-suspends-three-other-pitt-starters/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:59

Tim Wakefield wrote:I was in Pittsburgh last weekend. Went to a bar on the south side (The Southpaw, highly recommended) that was owned by a Pitt grad. Had a good talk about Narduzzi. Cool story bro

I was in Syracuse this past weekend and talked about 02-03 Syracuse BB team with some people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 15:41

Turtleneck wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:I was in Pittsburgh last weekend. Went to a bar on the south side (The Southpaw, highly recommended) that was owned by a Pitt grad. Had a good talk about Narduzzi. Cool story bro

I was in Syracuse this past weekend and talked about 02-03 Syracuse BB team with some people.

I never really liked Melo, Turtleneck.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 15:42

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I never really liked Melo, Turtleneck.

I disliked that McNamara kid more.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 31 Aug 2018 - 10:59

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2018/08/30/Joe-Starkey-Pat-Narduzzi-pitt-football-crazy-enough-longest-slump-in-Pittsburgh-sports/stories/201808300201

Narduzzi? Just last week, he guaranteed a trip to the ACC championship and blasted all the people (real or imagined) who said six wins was a good season — and he only won five games last season!
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri 31 Aug 2018 - 13:48

Stats are for losers
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte