Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring?

5 posters

Go down

Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring? Empty Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring?

Post by kingstonlake Sun 28 Dec - 5:56

Since they threw money at the problem and paid their guy $$ that is generally reserved for guys with rings or consistent runs for NC's, it counts for a title or two, right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring? Empty Re: Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring?

Post by Stoops21 Sun 28 Dec - 9:33

I just can't believe he is going to take over a smoldering shit pile program. Money really does talk.

The program is garbage and will take years to build back up and those fools are expecting a national title in year one. Here's 8 million because we can't do anything right we will pay you more than any college coach who has actually won something. Well add harbaugh to the list of Scummers I hope dies in an aids fire. Fuck him and fuck his family.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring? Empty Re: Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring?

Post by steveschneider Sun 28 Dec - 9:56

Stoops21 wrote:I just can't believe he is going to take over a smoldering shit pile program. Money really does talk.

The program is garbage and will take years to build back up and those fools are expecting a national title in year one. Here's 8 million because we can't do anything right we will pay you more than any college coach who has actually won something. Well add harbaugh to the list of Scummers I hope dies in an aids fire. Fuck him and fuck his family.

Their schedule is so bad no reason he shouldn't have success next year. Hoke was a terrible coach and in over his head. I'm just trying to be realistic but I have to think Harbaugh gets them to the 10 win season sooner than later.

One thing about Harbaugh his timing is good. Left SD at the right time, left Stanford at the right time, left SF at the right time.

About his job at Stanford I think he benefitted greatly from the rich talent pool out in Cali. Will be interesting to see if he still has a pipeline out there or not and if he can get those players to a2.

Also, I'm still not convinced Oakland doesn't have a shot. Was stupid for harbaugh not to hear out his offers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 28 Dec - 10:28

Stoops21 wrote:I just can't believe he is going to take over a smoldering shit pile program. Money really does talk.

Seriously, I have to think love for his alma mater plays a part. If Izzo or Dantonio called me up and asked me to sweep floors, I'd think about it. It ain't just $$.

And say what you will about Harbaugh, his track record is to take over a POS and turn it around almost immediately. He'll do well, if he comes.

The thing scummers fail to take into account is that our dominance has less to do with their coach than ours, and Coach D ain't going.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 28 Dec - 11:31

SpartanInNH wrote:

Seriously, I have to think love for his alma mater plays a part. If Izzo or Dantonio called me up and asked me to sweep floors, I'd think about it. It ain't just $$.

And say what you will about Harbaugh, his track record is to take over a POS and turn it around almost immediately. He'll do well, if he comes.

The thing scummers fail to take into account is that our dominance has less to do with their coach than ours, and Coach D ain't going.

Jim Harbaugh, Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Tyrone Wheatley, Brian Griese and Tom Brady teams have all lost to Michigan State.

As long as MSU has a decent coach it can hang with them and I still think Dantonio would have had a good win % vs. Bo or Lloyd. First year he took Lloyd to the wire and that was with all JLS players. No way MSU just falls off the map because of this hire. NO WAY.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 28 Dec - 13:04

steveschneider wrote:

Jim Harbaugh, Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Tyrone Wheatley, Brian Griese and Tom Brady teams have all lost to Michigan State.

As long as MSU has a decent coach it can hang with them and I still think Dantonio would have had a good win % vs. Bo or Lloyd. First year he took Lloyd to the wire and that was with all JLS players. No way MSU just falls off the map because of this hire. NO WAY.

'Zactly.  I walked out of that game, the "little brother" game, with a smile on my face, because I thought Coach D was the real deal.  Still do.  

Harbaugh?  Carr?  Bo?  Bring it.  We got Coach D.  

Will SCum petition the NCAA to back date a couple national championships with the Harblow hiring? 57544267
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sun 28 Dec - 13:43

steveschneider wrote:

Their schedule is so bad no reason he shouldn't have success next year.

@Utah
Oregon State
UNLV
BYU
@Maryland
Northwestern
Michigan State
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Indiana
@PSU
Ohio State

I don't see them beating Utah, MSU, or OSU. In addition to that - BYU, @PSU, @MIN, @Maryland and Rutgers aren't gimmes by any stretch. Poor coaching wasn't the only reason UM failed to reach a bowl, this team lacks talent.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 28 Dec - 14:03

CrazySparty wrote:

@Utah
Oregon State
UNLV
BYU
@Maryland
Northwestern
Michigan State
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Indiana
@PSU
Ohio State

I don't see them beating Utah, MSU, or OSU. In addition to that - BYU, @PSU, @MIN, @Maryland and Rutgers aren't gimmes by any stretch. Poor coaching wasn't the only reason UM failed to reach a bowl, this team lacks talent.

A good coach can make a world of a difference to a team. Look at Dantonio when he took over for JLS. MSU looked hopeless the year before.

Look at OSU when Urban took over. The year before they looked like a complete mess.

I really think that if UofM can just get a good game managing QB they are in the 7-9 win zone right away. They have a good D and I think Harbaugh would fix the offense.

I'm just trying to be realistic, I just have a hard time thinking a coach like Harbaugh couldn't turn that team around. That being said, I'm still not convinced he even takes the job.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sun 28 Dec - 14:19

steveschneider wrote:

A good coach can make a world of a difference to a team. Look at Dantonio when he took over for JLS. MSU looked hopeless the year before.

Look at OSU when Urban took over. The year before they looked like a complete mess.

I really think that if UofM can just get a good game managing QB they are in the 7-9 win zone right away. They have a good D and I think Harbaugh would fix the offense.

I'm just trying to be realistic, I just have a hard time thinking a coach like Harbaugh couldn't turn that team around. That being said, I'm still not convinced he even takes the job.

Urban Meyer didn't inherit that big of a mess. I realize OSU went 6-7 the year before, but that was a one-year fluke under an interim coach, and they'd gone 33-6 the prior three years. Urban took over a team that wasn't remotely short on talent.

Coach D, on the other hand, while he did inherit quite a mess, still had a rebuilding year at 7-6 in his first season(Improved off of the 4-8 season for sure).

Assuming Harbaugh took over, I don't think UM would get blown out in many, if any, of their games, which goes to your point about the "difference" you referenced Harbaugh would make. However, superior coaching does have its limit. In the end, it's about the players on the field, and UM is not at the talent level of several of the teams they play next season.

I would expect an 8-4 season, but they're competitive in every game they lose(It helps getting both OSU and MSU in Ann Arbor next year). However, I'd be surprised at anything better than that. I still can't name a single viable passing threat they'll have back next year.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 28 Dec - 14:25

The one thing harbaugh gives scUM is no bs at the qb position. Even the most biased of us know he would have handled the dread lock Jesus and Tom Harmon's jersey guy fiasco better. They would have been made positional players.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down