Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more

4 posters

Go down

Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more Empty Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Q: Do you think the hoops team will make it into the tournament? -- Sly Cooper

A: Let's take a quick trip to the calculator: I thought before the conference season that 10-8 in Big Ten play would get them comfortably in. There's an argument for 9-9, too, but I think 10-8 is the safe bet.

With three wins through four games, that leaves seven wins left on the to-do list with 14 remaining in the regular season, an even .500.

Looking through the rest of the slate, with Penn State, Minnesota and Ohio State at home, roadies against Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska, Indiana, Maryland and Wisconsin and two games apiece with Michigan and Illinois, there should be seven wins in there without much trouble.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/01/ask_austin_on_michigan_state_f.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more Empty Re: Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more

Post by Ass Dan Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:27 pm

I think this team will be a comfortable five or six seed when it's all said and done. They could make some noise too. A sweet sixteen appearance wouldn't surprise me at all
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more Empty Re: Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Ass Dan wrote:I think this team will be a comfortable five or six seed when it's all said and done. They could make some noise too. A sweet sixteen appearance wouldn't surprise me at all

I think this team can make the Tournament.

After Maryland, MSU has...

a PSU team that has lost 4 in a row - all of its conference games thus far - and did not play a single ranked team before conference play began (which might be a reason they jumped out to a 12-1 start).

@ Rutgers, @ Nebraska, and Michigan. All of which are just 2-3 games above .500.

Illinois which is 12-6 but beatable. Illinois can score but they do not always shoot the ball well. They rebound well but are not a great defensive team.

@ Northwestern, who MSU beat (escaped) a week ago.

Is it me, or is this a good chance for a 5 game winning streak? I'm not saying it will happen but it would be great for team confidence if they could put together string of Ws in conference play.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 am

Turtleneck wrote:

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/01/ask_austin_on_michigan_state_f.html

Damn, what a big troll job. Thought it was Austin Thornton.

Yeah, I would be surprised if the team didn't make the NCAA's. They gelling.

Some higher seed is gonna go down to these boys. Ask Austin: On Michigan State freshmen, the NCAA tournament, recruiting and more 3493939353
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Need 11-7 to feel comfortable. 10-8 and we might need to win 2 in BTT. No reason to lose another home game rest of year.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down