Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat....

+16
Brock Middlebrook
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
Kramerica
Turtleneck
tMolson
Code_Warrior
Marc Summers
CheesySpartan
Green Note
NigelUno
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
SeeRockCity
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Empty Re: ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat....

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:12

Turtleneck wrote:

65lbs? WTF? Did you put your wife's dog in your pack?
yeah.. then she followed me back. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Empty Re: ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat....

Post by The_Dude Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I pulled a 6 pack of Budweiser from my pack..  ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 502811600

Always knew you were a great American ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 969504605
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:14

The_Dude wrote:

Always knew you were a great American ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 969504605
thanks, brah..

as are you (most of the time)... Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:17

My dad got into boating later in life, and had a couple of 35' + boats. When he finally got out of it he said, the happiest two days in a boaters life are the day he buys a new boat and the day he sells that boat.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:18

The_Dude wrote:

Always knew you were a great American  ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 969504605
Budweiser is now owned by InBev, which is a Brazilian and Belgium conglomerate. Its no longer US owned.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. then she followed me back. No

Bob, I heard you and Precious were the inspiration for Buds 2015 Superbowl ad...Is that true?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:29

CheesySpartan wrote:

Bob, I heard you and Precious were the inspiration for Buds 2015 Superbowl ad...Is that true?
meh.. I was pullin' for the wolf.. or coyote.. whatever it was.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. I was pullin' for the wolf.. or coyote.. whatever it was.

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 4113017228 Just don't mention that to Mrs Sak while watching the commercial during your already legendary, upcoming 2015 Superbowl party...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 14:39

CheesySpartan wrote:

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 4113017228 Just don't mention that to Mrs Sak while watching the commercial during your already legendary, upcoming 2015 Superbowl party...
you got it..

what time you coming over?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 15:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:you got it..

what time you coming over?

I'll try to stop by if I have time, I'm not sure yet though...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 17:34

Jake from State Farm wrote:

The maintenance costs aren't that high with a newer boat. It's all the toys you keep adding to it. Depthfinder, trolling motor, sound system, extra battery to run the stuff....

The maintenance costs aren't that high with a newer boat. It's all the toys you keep adding to it. Depthfinder, trolling motor, sound system, extra battery to run the stuff....

Jake, you forgot to mention insurance! ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 294152859
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 19:58

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

Jake, you forgot to mention insurance! ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 294152859

That's why you buy a hitch lock, so you don't have to buy insurance. Wink
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 20:28

That's why you buy a hitch lock, so you don't have to buy insurance. Wink
Tell that to this guy

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Boat_b10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 11:04

My boat's costs between maintenance, storage, and fuel is about 1% of my household income. The time commitment to prep, haul, launch and then repeat wore me down after 2 seasons so I sold my house and bought a lake front home for my boat.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 12:31

Big Ten Referee wrote:My boat's costs between maintenance, storage, and fuel is about 1% of my household income. The time commitment to prep, haul, launch and then repeat wore me down after 2 seasons so I sold my house and bought a lake front home for my boat.

I hope your neighbor picks up the sticks in his yard.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 14:03

Just get some damn kayaks
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 16:57

The costs are a boatload.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 19:47

Turtleneck wrote:

I hope your neighbor picks up the sticks in his yard.

I sold that fucking problem to another person.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 7:45

Boating benefits.

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Beautiful-Moments-31
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:52

LooseGoose wrote:Boating benefits.

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Boat12

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Boat110

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Boat510

Still, these could be enjoyed more if your friend owns the boat.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:56

LooseGoose wrote:Boating benefits.

Well 2 out of 3 things you should rent instead of own are in this gif.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:15

Think we're going to start small. I'm going to make it a project for the boys and I and make one of these:

Bateau Fast Skiff 14

Will be perfect for electric-only and 9.9hp restricted lakes here in the Southeast (of which there are a shit ton) and will server as a nice little project the boys can have some ownership over. If they take to fishing, will look into sinking money into something bigger down the road. Keep in mind, we're currently fishing (three of us) from a canoe. Expected launch date, spring, 2016.

Will probably end up storing it in covered storage somewhere close by (of which there are a shit ton).
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:44

That sounds like a fun project. You can pick up a trailer pretty cheap.

btw...have a like-new Porter Cable plunge router and a bunch of Porter Cable carbide bits (most never used) I'd like to sell if you're interested
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:44

Edit: Following in the footsteps of the immortal tTy, I am going to turn this thread into a potential embarrassing failure by making it my:

Boat Build Thread!

Yes, all of you malcontents can watch as I attempt to build this boat and fail miserably in the end. I will:

1.)Post a shit ton of pictures in the beginning as I start strong with the best of intentions.
2.)Start to peter off with things half built and the reality of what I'm trying to do kicks in.
3.)Eventually stop posting any updates and hope that no-one remembers that it is here.
4.)Endure countless jabs for the duration of my life on this board about the failed boat project.

This is my plan. Wish me luck!
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:00

I'm not sure I'd trust a $60 boat that I'm building myself. That thing doesn't come with a motor, does it?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:03

SeeRockCity wrote:Edit: Following in the footsteps of the immortal tTy, I am going to turn this thread into a potential embarrassing failure by making it my:

Boat Build Thread!

Yes, all of you malcontents can watch as I attempt to build this boat and fail miserably in the end. I will:

1.)Post a shit ton of pictures in the beginning as I start strong with the best of intentions.
2.)Start to peter off with things half built and the reality of what I'm trying to do kicks in.
3.)Eventually stop posting any updates and hope that no-one remembers that it is here.
4.)Endure countless jabs for the duration of my life on this board about the failed boat project.

This is my plan. Wish me luck!
haha

On a BBQ forum and one of the members decided to build his own wood-fired pizza oven in the backyard.  He did a lot of research before starting and posted shitloads of in-process pics.  Not that building a boat is the same, but it did require a lot of detailed work and he stuck to it.  Took him a couple months but the thing turned out great.  

Hope that little story is motivational ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 55953254
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:29

The Pantry wrote:That sounds like a fun project.  You can pick up a trailer pretty cheap.

btw...have a like-new Porter Cable plunge router and a bunch of Porter Cable carbide bits (most never used) I'd like to sell if you're interested

The Pantry wrote:haha

On a BBQ forum and one of the members decided to build his own wood-fired pizza oven in the backyard.  He did a lot of research before starting and posted shitloads of in-process pics.  Not that building a boat is the same, but it did require a lot of detailed work and he stuck to it.  Took him a couple months but the thing turned out great.  

Hope that little story is motivational ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 55953254

Hope so :)

As far as the router goes, appreciate the offer but currently, my router cupboard is full at 5, along with a few odds and ends:

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Wp_20110
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:31

InTenSity wrote:I'm not sure I'd trust a $60 boat that I'm building myself. That thing doesn't come with a motor, does it?

The plans are $60. I'm calculating around $1k for the build, not including any gear (electronics, mounts, chairs, etc.).
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:36

SeeRockCity wrote:

Hope so :)

As far as the router goes, appreciate the offer but currently, my router cupboard is full at 5, along with a few odds and ends:

ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 Wp_20110
Looks like a well-stocked kitchen of woodworking appliances. Have at it!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:47

The Pantry wrote:Looks like a well-stocked kitchen of woodworking appliances. Have at it!

It has cost me many many years of honey-do pain.

I might just buy this:

Lockheed Martin to sell off experimental superstable military craft that can cut through 12 foot waves without spilling your drink
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:58

That would be helpful in McCant's Millpond.

The good ole Millpond
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 8:43

SeeRockCity wrote:Think we're going to start small. I'm going to make it a project for the boys and I and make one of these:

Bateau Fast Skiff 14

Will be perfect for electric-only and 9.9hp restricted lakes here in the Southeast (of which there are a shit ton) and will server as a nice little project the boys can have some ownership over. If they take to fishing, will look into sinking money into something bigger down the road. Keep in mind, we're currently fishing (three of us) from a canoe. Expected launch date, spring, 2016.

Will probably end up storing it in covered storage somewhere close by (of which there are a shit ton).

These guys have a bunch of different models. I've thought about building one myself but that would entail having to clean out the pole barn first.

Chesapeake Light Craft
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 10:01

SeeRockCity wrote:Think we're going to start small. I'm going to make it a project for the boys and I and make one of these:

Bateau Fast Skiff 14

These guys have a bunch of different models. I've thought about building one myself but that would entail having to clean out the pole barn first.

Chesapeake Light Craft

Yes! The Peeler Skiff was high on my list, but too expensive for our first boat:

Peeler Skiff
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 10:05

SeeRockCity wrote:

Yes! The Peeler Skiff was high on my list, but too expensive for our first boat:

Peeler Skiff

Nice looking boat. I might have to check into that one myself.

From the FAQ:
How much horsepower can the Peeler Skiff take? I want to put twin 125hp Yamahas on mine. ITT, SeeRockCity builds a boat.... - Page 2 502811600
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 10:05

SeeRockCity wrote:

Peeler Skiff
so what's your take on the boating costs that people have told you about?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 10:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so what's your take on the boating costs that people have told you about?

Passion Natural Water-Based Lubricant - 55 Gallon
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 10:46

SeeRockCity wrote:

not sure exactly what's going on with this boat of yours but that's a rather large container of lubricant..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 12:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

not sure exactly what's going on with this boat of yours but that's a rather large container of lubricant..

The lubricant if for when the boat's NOT in the water.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 12:40

SeeRockCity wrote:

is that anything like a podcast?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 12:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

is that anything like a podcast?

tap tap tap... is this thing on?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next