Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag.

+8
Rodeo Burger
steveschneider
DWags
Frank Ricard
InTenSity
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
12 posters

Go down

Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag. Empty Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag.

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:25

Had a kid committed for months, pulled his offer a couple days before National Signing Day. Banned from recruiting the high school.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/05/bobby-petrino-still-not-a-man-of-his-word/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag. Empty Re: Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:34

I could be wrong but isn't this somewhat common at some schools?

and, to play devils advocate, if a kid can commit and then get flipped the day before signing day, why can't a coach do the same?

people seem to think that college sports is some pious entity.. and are shocked when they hear things like this happening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag. Empty Re: Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag.

Post by The_Dude Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:37

Kind of a douchebag? No, he's a full blown douchebag.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I could be wrong but isn't this somewhat common at some schools?

and, to play devils advocate, if a kid can commit and then get flipped the day before signing day, why can't a coach do the same?

people seem to think that college sports is some pious entity.. and are shocked when they hear things like this happening.

It was a done deal on both sides. It wasn't like. "We really want you here but we may have some sholorship issues." which is what most coaches do, it was "you are our guy." until two days prior. He wasn't even talking to other schools. It's different the way he handled it than most do.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:41

Rocinante wrote:

It was a done deal on both sides. It wasn't like. "We really want you here but we may have some sholorship issues." which is what most coaches do, it was "you are our guy." until two days prior. He wasn't even talking to other schools. It's different the way he handled it than most do.
it's definitely a douchebag move.. I'm just wondering if people are truly surprised at such things or if we're surprised because, morally, we think we should be surprised.. when we know that college athletics is a business.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it's definitely a douchebag move.. I'm just wondering if people are truly surprised at such things or if we're surprised because, morally, we think we should be surprised.. when we know that college athletics is a business.
Its a very risky move by Petrino. That is easy to do negative recruiting against. Hey, you're thinking of playing for this guy? Better make sure, because he told a guy that there was a spot for him, until 2 days prior to signing day. Me? You can check my past record, my word is my bond and if I accept your commitment you will have a spot open on the team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:07

InTenSity wrote:
Its a very risky move by Petrino. That is easy to do negative recruiting against. Hey, you're thinking of playing for this guy? Better make sure, because he told a guy that there was a spot for him, until 2 days prior to signing day. Me? You can check my past record, my word is my bond and if I accept your commitment you will have a spot open on the team.
yeah, I don't disagree.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, I don't disagree.

Oh, fuck you Bob. What do you know? He might be OK if you just have a beer or 10 with him. Jesus, talk about judgemental....
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:00

Why didn't he just over sign and cut down this spring? I think we gave out three more than we had. Three guys aren't going to be with the team next fall.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I could be wrong but isn't this somewhat common at some schools?

Agree 100%.

I don't see anything wrong with this, it's a good life lesson for the kid.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:58

The timing certainly sucked, but let's look at the situation.

Louisville had 3 junior DBs declare for the NFL draft. Losing depth like that at one position isn't very common, but revoking scholarship offers is. As they said, the priority quickly became bringing in DBs. If this kid or someone else didn't get his verbal offer revoked, someone else already on the team would have been processed.

This is why recruits should take their visits, or at least maintain a cordial relationship with other coaching staffs.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 11:10

Bobby Petrino ‘Likes’ Hot Erotica On Twitter, Claims Hack

Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag. 502811600

Bobby Petrino is kind of a douchebag. Bobby-petrino-twitter-likes-hacked
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 11:42

Still may be a better word to use when describing Petrino.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 12:26

Kind of?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 13:03

tVille has two complete slimeballs as coaches for both major men sports.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 13:08

Bobby just gave teenagers of Louisville fans a great excuse.
"But mom, Bobby does it."
"Dad, I think I got hacked. Go Cardinals!"
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down