Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartans in NFL combine

+20
MattyFresh
StylesGShmooth
Herbie Green
AMwood
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
HT
Other Teams Pursuing That
LoneWolfSparty
Nordic
Kramerica
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spartans in NFL combine Empty Spartans in NFL combine

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-02-21, 15:42

Langford fastest RB today at 4.43

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Spartans in NFL combine Empty Re: Spartans in NFL combine

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-21, 15:47

I didn't think Langford was that fast. Even beat Gordon (4.52). Why do they list the times as unofficial?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramerica 2015-02-21, 16:08

Love it. I think he is going to be very successful in the NFL. Not quite to Bell's level, but a very serviceable running back. He has the speed, hands,blocking, and toughness.
Kramerica
Kramerica
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-21, 16:48

Sean Merriman ‏@BTNSean 1h1 hour ago

Jeremy Langford runs fastest 40-yd dash of any RB at the #NFLCombine. 4.43 secconds. Same height, vertical leap & 40 time as DeMarco Murray.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-02-21, 17:08

The Pantry wrote:I didn't think Langford was that fast. Even beat Gordon (4.52). Why do they list the times as unofficial?

They usually go back and recalculate after confirming on vid i believe. These might be hand times.

I figured he would be low 4.5. Think about all the end of game dagger runs where he blew by DBs.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-21, 19:17

LooseGoose wrote:Sean Merriman ‏@BTNSean 1h1 hour ago

Jeremy Langford runs fastest 40-yd dash of any RB at the #NFLCombine. 4.43 secconds. Same height, vertical leap & 40 time as DeMarco Murray.

I hope the Cowboys draft him cause they are losing Murray.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-21, 19:19

Devin Funchess posted the slowest time for wide receivers! Spartans in NFL combine 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-21, 19:38

Are RBs done at the combine? So he'll finish with the fastest time? Isn't that pretty surprising? Didn't think he was THAT fast..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-21, 20:17

Would anyone else take Langford over Gordon?

I know Gordon put up great stats in college, but he did it against mostly weak teams, and didn't show up well against good defenses (like OSU), unlike Langford. Langford also seems to have a better 40 time as well.

I kind of feel like while good, Gordon was more a product of the Wisconsin system whereas Langford elevated our offense because he was a good RB. I don't know, maybe I'm a homer, but I kind of like Langford more than Gordon when you consider the competition and now the combine results.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-21, 20:27

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Fuck the Cowboys right in the pussy
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-02-21, 21:36

SpartanHT wrote:Would anyone else take Langford over Gordon?

I know Gordon put up great stats in college, but he did it against mostly weak teams, and didn't show up well against good defenses (like OSU), unlike Langford. Langford also seems to have a better 40 time as well.

I kind of feel like while good, Gordon was more a product of the Wisconsin system whereas Langford elevated our offense because he was a good RB. I don't know, maybe I'm a homer, but I kind of like Langford more than Gordon when you consider the competition and now the combine results.

Langford was also the only RB to test at NFL speed in one of the cone drills, I forget which one. So there's that.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-21, 21:37

SpartanHT wrote:Would anyone else take Langford over Gordon?

No. I like Langford but he doesn't have the moves/hips of a guy like Gordon in my opinion. He's got good vision, he is very strong in his lower body and can break tackles, he follows his blockers well, and clearly he's got very good top line speed.

But Gordon to me is better and quicker in short areas and is better at making people miss. I think Gordon will be more of a HR threat at the next level despite teh slightly slower 40 time.

I don't think the quasi-comparisons I've been hearing between Langford and Bell are fair at all. Bell was a very, VERY skilled player at the collegiate level, and that was obvious with his flair for the dramatic, not to mention the way he caught the ball and was able to create something out of nothing. Bell is a very special player.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-22, 03:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

No. I like Langford but he doesn't have the moves/hips of a guy like Gordon in my opinion. He's got good vision, he is very strong in his lower body and can break tackles, he follows his blockers well, and clearly he's got very good top line speed.

But Gordon to me is better and quicker in short areas and is better at making people miss. I think Gordon will be more of a HR threat at the next level despite teh slightly slower 40 time.

I don't think the quasi-comparisons I've been hearing between Langford and Bell are fair at all. Bell was a very, VERY skilled player at the collegiate level, and that was obvious with his flair for the dramatic, not to mention the way he caught the ball and was able to create something out of nothing. Bell is a very special player.

Gordon certainly seems to be a home run threat, and I don't think he'll be a bad pick, but I don't know, it sure seemed like he would put up big numbers against shitty teams, and then when it came to legit defenses (though I know the coaches mishandled him against LSU), he wasn't very impressive. He's going to be going up against better athletes all the time in the NFL, and not the likes of Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, and Nebraska (contrary to what Dan Roushar believes, their run defense hasn't been very good since they joined the B1G).

Langford, in both 2013 and 2014, while not flashy, always seemed to put up pretty steady numbers and be effective, even against some very good teams/defenses. Langford also did that with a worse OL (not saying ours is bad, but I think Wisconsin had a better OL and Wisconsin definitely played worse defenses and teams than us).

I guess I think Langford will be more reliable/steady in terms of production, and when you consider that Gordon will likely cost a 1st round pick and Langford something like a 3rd/4th round pick (freeing up that first rounder for a position with more importance), I think Langford is a much better deal for a player that I think could be just as productive as Gordon (or even better).

Of course, I don't think Gordon was even the B1G's best back. Tevin Coleman out of Indiana was the best, in my opinion, especially when you consider how much worse his supporting cast on offense was compared to Gordon's, as well as the much tougher schedule.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-22, 04:39

Langford's official time was 4.42. Gordon's was 4.52.

Fucking ESPN mentioned Gordon and couple other slower backs, but no mention of Langford
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-22, 10:23

SpartanHT wrote:Of course, I don't think Gordon was even the B1G's best back. Tevin Coleman out of Indiana was the best, in my opinion, especially when you consider how much worse his supporting cast on offense was compared to Gordon's, as well as the much tougher schedule.

Another item on Coleman - he played after the 5th game of the year with a broken toe. That combined with the supporting cast you mentioned and the fact everyone really only had to game plan for him makes the year he had even more impressive.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/02/19/ius-tevin-coleman-ran-half-the-season-with-broken-toe/23695533/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-02-22, 10:28

SpartanHT wrote:

Of course, I don't think Gordon was even the B1G's best back. Tevin Coleman out of Indiana was the best, in my opinion, especially when you consider how much worse his supporting cast on offense was compared to Gordon's, as well as the much tougher schedule.

Ameer Abdullah? Spartans in NFL combine 2599972566
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-02-22, 10:52

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Cowboys suck ass
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-22, 11:03

SpartanInNH wrote:

Ameer Abdullah?  Spartans in NFL combine 2599972566

Derrick Green.

But seriously, ranking them would be tough. I think Cobb for Minnesota was very underrated, especially considering how awful their passing game was. Langford I think was underrated, and Abdullah was very good.

I just feel like Gordon's probably overrated and is a product of his system/schedule. Look at how many other Wisconsin RBs have tore it up (and Wisconsin typically has a soft non-conference in addition to what's usually a mostly favorable conference schedule), just to be kinda "meh" in the NFL. I think Gordon's better than that, but I do feel like he's not going to be this game-changer when he's on the field against players that are at least as strong and athletic as he is.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-22, 11:05

LooseGoose wrote:

Another item on Coleman - he played after the 5th game of the year with a broken toe.  That combined with the supporting cast you mentioned and the fact everyone really only had to game plan for him makes the year he had even more impressive.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/02/19/ius-tevin-coleman-ran-half-the-season-with-broken-toe/23695533/

Damn. Didn't know that. Well, it's going to be really hard to convince me that anyone besides Coleman is the B1G's best back now.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-22, 12:55

SpartanHT wrote:

Damn. Didn't know that. Well, it's going to be really hard to convince me that anyone besides Coleman is the B1G's best back now.

And a big toe at that, as we all know from Stripes the big toe is the most important toe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 12:03

Waynes with an unofficial 4.35. Absurd.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-23, 12:53

The Pantry wrote:Langford's official time was 4.42. Gordon's was 4.52.

Fucking ESPN mentioned Gordon and couple other slower backs, but no mention of Langford
you can blame ESPN but I choose to blame Delaney..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 12:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Waynes with an unofficial 4.35. Absurd.

Whatever sec players will run 4.1s
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-02-23, 13:03

NFL site showing 4.31 and the top corner so far Spartans in NFL combine 1486952199

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-23, 13:10

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate 6m6 minutes ago

Michigan State CB Trae Waynes officially ran a 4.31 -- the fastest of any DB at the 2015 NFL Combine.

#SECSpeed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-23, 13:18

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 2m2 minutes ago

Trae Waynes' official 40-yard dash time of 4.31 is tied for the 3rd fastest among DBs and 10th overall at the #NFLCombine since 2006.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-02-23, 13:53

No idea how to do the Vine thing here, so I'll just link it.

TWIF

https://vine.co/v/OQILjnm1wKd
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-23, 14:18

The last fastest time was 4.28 by a dual sport Miami guy who ran track. He was fast and had height but it sounded like he didn't play a lot of football.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-02-23, 14:52

Spartan Speed
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-02-23, 14:54

Spartans in NFL combine Fb_img10
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-23, 14:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:No idea how to do the Vine thing here, so I'll just link it.

TWIF

Shave the head and it's probably a 4.28.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-23, 15:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Spartans in NFL combine Fb_img10

Gangsta.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-23, 15:11

With that said, you guys aren't actually watching the combine, are you?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-02-23, 15:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:With that said, you guys aren't actually watching the combine, are you?

I don't have time to watch the combine, I'm 70% working and 30% screwing around.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-23, 15:24

LooseGoose wrote:Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 2m2 minutes ago

Trae Waynes' official 40-yard dash time of 4.31 is tied for the 3rd fastest among DBs and 10th overall at the #NFLCombine since 2006.

That is good speed for the NFL, but he would not impress at a message board combine. Way too slow. Doesn't sleep with enough models either.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-23, 15:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:With that said, you guys aren't actually watching the combine, are you?

I prefer to watch these kinds of combines...

Spartans in NFL combine Special-offer-Combine-Used
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-02-23, 15:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:No idea how to do the Vine thing here, so I'll just link it.

TWIF

He's hauling ballz
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-02-23, 15:44

this is my favorite combine video

AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-23, 16:20

Asked what separates him from other corners in this draft, he credited Michigan State coaches Mark Dantonio, Harlon Barnett and former defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi.
"I would have to give all the credit to my coaches and the people before me," Waynes said. "I was fortunate enough to play under coach Barnett, coach Narduzzi and coach Dantonio, and the guys that I had in front of me to show me the ropes, like Darqueze (Dennard). They helped shape me into the player I am today."
Pretty sure that Waynes is gonna do well in the interview portion.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-02-23, 16:44

Holy shit. He looks like he should be in the Olympics.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next