Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bar rescue: landshark

+11
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Cym Jim
Bizarro Fletch
duffy munn
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

bar rescue: landshark Empty bar rescue: landshark

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-10, 08:05

Caught this show this weekend. Now how sweet would it have been if this show was around and they did the landshark when Duffy owned it. I think I would have fuRiously peed my pants when the host would be screaming into Duffys dumb face. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

bar rescue: landshark Empty Re: bar rescue: landshark

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-10, 09:09

Got a leftover Greek style turkey burger waiting for me at lunch. tWife made these last night. I was skeptical but they turned out to be pretty good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-10, 09:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Got a leftover Greek style turkey burger waiting for me at lunch. tWife made these last night. I was skeptical but they turned out to be pretty good.

Greek style? Like Olga's?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-10, 09:27

I went to the Landshark a week or so ago, it kinda sucked. Watered down drinks and d bag service
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-10, 09:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I went to the Landshark a week or so ago, it kinda sucked. Watered down drinks and d bag service

How are the shark bowls?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-10, 09:30

NigelUno wrote:

Greek style? Like Olga's?

Never had a burger at Olga's. It had crumbled feta mixed in the meat, and a yogurt based dressing with tomato, red onion, and romaine as well. I really liked it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-10, 09:35

NigelUno wrote:

How are the shark bowls?

My buddy got one for us, it seemed weak as fuck too. The only thing I wasn't disappointed in was the talent there. Other than that, not sure I'm in a hurry to go back.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-10, 10:05

What's up with Dagwoods? I've always been curious about that place, it seems like a place where Charles Bukowski would drink.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-03-10, 10:54

Blanch32 wrote:Caught this show this weekend. Now how sweet would it have been if this show was around and they did the landshark when Duffy owned it. I think I would have fuRiously peed my pants when the host would be screaming into Duffys dumb face. Lol

I never needed to be rescued.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-10, 10:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I went to the Landshark a week or so ago, it kinda sucked. Watered down drinks and d bag service

Sorry to hear that. I expect better from a bar in a basement with a suspiciously sticky floor, the feint odor of vomit, $3 pitchers of Busch Light, and a crapper with no stall.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-03-10, 10:57

steveschneider wrote:What's up with Dagwoods? I've always been curious about that place, it seems like a place where Charles Bukowski would drink.

Great place with a bunch of hardcore regulars. The owners are personal friends and run a very successful business. As for Bukowski, I think you mean Bobby Sak.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-10, 11:42

steveschneider wrote:What's up with Dagwoods? I've always been curious about that place, it seems like a place where Charles Bukowski would drink.

Dagwood's is a great bar.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-10, 11:50

NigelUno wrote:

Dagwood's is a great bar.

It's alright, yeah. No frills, honest - reasonable food, reasonable beer, reasonable company. Can't go wrong. You're not going to get a Chartreuse Swizzle with freshly squeezed pineapple juice and Pisco foam, but if you can live without that . . .
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-10, 12:43

duffy munn wrote:

Great place with a bunch of hardcore regulars. The owners are personal friends and run a very successful business. As for Bukowski, I think you mean Bobby Sak.
bar rescue: landshark 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-10, 13:06

Cym Jim wrote:

It's alright, yeah. No frills, honest - reasonable food, reasonable beer, reasonable company. Can't go wrong. You're not going to get a Chartreuse Swizzle with freshly squeezed pineapple juice and Pisco foam, but if you can live without that . . .

Love their olive burger.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-10, 13:27

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I expect better from a bar in a basement with a suspiciously sticky floor, the feint odor of vomit, $3 pitchers of Busch Light, and a crapper with no stall.
Doesn't ricks have all that? They're better at it I guess
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-10, 13:38

duffy munn wrote:

I never needed to be rescued.

I thought the bar business in el was extremely tough? Which is it?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-10, 13:39

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

.....that is suppose to be a fresh seafood restaurant.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-10, 14:05

If you saw the new episode this weekend, it was about the Sandbar in Coconut Grove, where mentalstate and InTenSity, and occasionally some other Spartans, watch MSU football games. It was actually closed for filming the day the Rutgers game (IIRC).

I haven't watched the episode yet, but it will be interesting. The owners started changing stuff almost as soon as the show was done filming. If mentalstate is lurking around, he could probably give a more recent update as he lives closer and goes there quite a bit. I haven't been there since the Cotton Bowl.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-10, 14:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:If you saw the new episode this weekend, it was about the Sandbar in Coconut Grove, where mentalstate and InTenSity, and occasionally some other Spartans, watch MSU football games. It was actually closed for filming the day the Rutgers game (IIRC).

I haven't watched the episode yet, but it will be interesting. The owners started changing stuff almost as soon as the show was done filming. If mentalstate is lurking around, he could probably give a more recent update as he lives closer and goes there quite a bit. I haven't been there since the Cotton Bowl.

What channel is that on? I wonder if its OD.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-03-10, 14:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

My buddy got one for us, it seemed weak as fuck too. The only thing I wasn't disappointed in was the talent there. Other than that, not sure I'm in a hurry to go back.

The shark bowl I got was weak as shit too
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-10, 14:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:If you saw the new episode this weekend, it was about the Sandbar in Coconut Grove, where mentalstate and InTenSity, and occasionally some other Spartans, watch MSU football games. It was actually closed for filming the day the Rutgers game (IIRC).

If you ever read up on the bars or restaurants they fix up in these types of shows, they very frequently go right back to their original name/format. Not sure why, but my guess is they take the free renovation and publicity knowing they probably won't stick with the format overhaul.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-10, 14:57

That's the episode I saw. It was landshark Miami. What a shit hole. But replace fantasy football with Rcmb or swill posting and you literally have Duffy...what a buffoon!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-10, 14:59

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

If you ever read up on the bars or restaurants they fix up in these types of shows, they very frequently go right back to their original name/format. Not sure why, but my guess is they take the free renovation and publicity knowing they probably won't stick with the format overhaul.

Can you imagine Duffy running an upscale place where he'd have to wear a suit and tie? He'd be Chris Farley in tommy boy!! Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-03-10, 15:37

Little Blanch is obsessed with me. How cute.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-03-10, 15:43

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

lol!
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-10, 15:44

Blanch32 wrote:

Can you imagine Duffy running an upscale place where he'd have to wear a suit and tie? He'd be Chris Farley in tommy boy!! Lol
j

Why do you keep mentioning Duffy in every post?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-10, 16:04

Bizarro Fletch wrote:j

Why do you keep mentioning Duffy in every post?

You got to watch the coconut Grove episode to get a full appreciation. Duffy is that bar owner!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-03-10, 17:14

Blanch32 wrote:

You got to watch the coconut Grove episode to get a full appreciation. Duffy is that bar owner!

Really. Have we met ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-10, 17:40

InTenSity wrote:

What channel is that on? I wonder if its OD.
I think it's on Spike. I haven't looked to see if the episode is On Demand yet, but I know a lot of Bar Rescue is (at least with Comcast, not sure if it varies by provider).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-10, 17:56

Blanch32 wrote:

That's the episode I saw.  It was landshark Miami.  What a shit hole.  But replace fantasy football with Rcmb or swill posting and you literally have Duffy...what a buffoon!!
So you think reality TV is real?  It's entertainment.  Any reality show has to create a narrative, and in the case of any kind of makeover thing, they need to make it look bad, otherwise there's nothing to clean up.

It's really not a shit hole, especially not by the standards of a college bar or dives.  It is (or was) just a good, casual sports bar, with kind of a beachside theme (even though it's not on the beach, and a few blocks from the bay).  Really nothing like Landshark or Rick's as those are basically party, sloppy drunk places.  Putting it EL terms, I'd say it's more like a smaller version of Dooley's or maybe mid 1990s era Riv.  Not super refined, not super trashy.  People hang out there to drink, not to dance, comfortable for families or anyone to stop in for lunch.

The bathrooms were the only part that I would say was really a shitty (no pun intended), and Bar Rescue did not even touch those.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-10, 20:47

Did Taffer give it a butt funnel? What a twat. 

"SHUT IT DOWN! SHUT IT DOWN NOW!"
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-10, 21:30

Sorry Blanch, but Duffy is one of the most famous people in this mug given the age of most of the posters here.

Duff, If I had know, I wouldn't have done it, I swear. Real Sorry.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-03-10, 22:14

SeeRockCity wrote:Sorry Blanch, but Duffy is one of the most famous people in this mug given the age of most of the posters here.

lol! It's all good dude. Thank you for your patronage. I can pretty much assure you that no matter what you did, it wasn't the worst thing.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-10, 22:17

duffy munn wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Sorry Blanch, but Duffy is one of the most famous people in this mug given the age of most of the posters here.

lol! It's all good dude. Thank you for your patronage. I can pretty much assure you that no matter what you did, it wasn't the worst thing.

bar rescue: landshark 969504605

One of the first posters I'd gladly buy a beer for. (I already owe Snake a bottle of bourbon so don't hold your breath, just sayin').
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-11, 08:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:
So you think reality TV is real?  It's entertainment.  Any reality show has to create a narrative, and in the case of any kind of makeover thing, they need to make it look bad, otherwise there's nothing to clean up.

It's really not a shit hole, especially not by the standards of a college bar or dives.  It is (or was) just a good, casual sports bar, with kind of a beachside theme (even though it's not on the beach, and a few blocks from the bay).  Really nothing like Landshark or Rick's as those are basically party, sloppy drunk places.  Putting it EL terms, I'd say it's more like a smaller version of Dooley's or maybe mid 1990s era Riv.  Not super refined, not super trashy.  People hang out there to drink, not to dance, comfortable for families or anyone to stop in for lunch.

The bathrooms were the only part that I would say was really a shitty (no pun intended), and Bar Rescue did not even touch those.

Dude the beer wasn't refrigerated and the seafood wasn't cooked. Puke!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-11, 08:17

I saw bits and pieces of Sandbar rescue. Are they trying to become upscale now? At least I finally recognized a few people from a TV show. Maybe Mentalstate will stop by again and let us know.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-11, 12:11

Blanch32 wrote:

Dude the beer wasn't refrigerated and the seafood wasn't cooked. Puke!
Again, you believe everything you see on TV? Hell, you see executive chefs on Hell's Kitchen undercook chicken, seafood, beef, etc. I've never had any regular complaints about the food. It's not for Foodies, though, it's just bar food. If the food was so bad, the show would have instituted more than 4 changes/additions to the menu.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-11, 12:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Again, you believe everything you see on TV? Hell, you see executive chefs on Hell's Kitchen undercook chicken, seafood, beef, etc. I've never had any regular complaints about the food. It's not for Foodies, though, it's just bar food. If the food was so bad, the show would have instituted more than 4 changes/additions to the menu.

The last 2 times I went there my wings came out cold and over cooked. There was definitely a decline in quality from the previous year, or I have really bad luck. I just don't bitch about things like that. I knew I was in trouble when it took 20 minutes to get them. I didn't see the whole episode, just bits and pieces and the end of it.

I'm pretty sure that every house that Love it or List it remodels, has some huge problem that knocks out half the budget to fix and absolutely that the first 3 houses they see have issues that the owners don't like, until that last one that is perfect for them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-11, 12:19

PT's is still my favorite EL bar. Loved Burger Bash on Thursdays.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next