Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

+19
Cameron
Cym Jim
xsanguine
DWags
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
tTy
Green Note
CheesySpartan
HT
InTenSity
The Pantry
Ass Dan
tTito
Rodeo Burger
LoneWolfSparty
Robert J Sakimano
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 Empty Re: Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

Post by InTenSity 11/03/15, 04:14 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:

So you're saying it is better to keep them alive and locked away with no chance of ever making a positive contribution to society regardless of cost? Then per usual we agree to disagree and I'm ok with that...

Ugh, dammit. I didn't want this to go to the swill.

What is the cost of one innocent life? If we're willing to execute people for the crimes they commit, should a prosecutor have it over their head that if they get the death penalty, but the person they try is later found to be innocent, should they take his place? They argued to put an innocent person in harms way, and won.

What about prosecutors who knowingly push for the death penalty when they know the defendant is innocent, but they need the political points?

I think for the DP, we better be 110% sure that the person being executed, actually committed the crime.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 Empty Re: Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

Post by tTito 11/03/15, 04:20 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Ugh, dammit. I didn't want this to go to the swill.

What is the cost of one innocent life? If we're willing to execute people for the crimes they commit, should a prosecutor have it over their head that if they get the death penalty, but the person they try is later found to be innocent, should they take his place? They argued to put an innocent person in harms way, and won.

What about prosecutors who knowingly push for the death penalty when they know the defendant is innocent, but they need the political points?

I think for the DP, we better be 110% sure that the person being executed, actually committed the crime.

So if a slimy criminal defense attorney gets a murderer off the hook then he should be put to death?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 11/03/15, 04:21 pm

tTy wrote:

BAD NAME!!!

..."I played my part and you played your game..."
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 11/03/15, 04:23 pm

tTito wrote:

So if a slimy criminal defense attorney gets a murderer off the hook then he should be put to death?

"Hell No!!!"

signed OJ's defense team
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 11/03/15, 04:27 pm

If I was on the firing squad, I'd aim for this:

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 Ad_162516805
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 11/03/15, 04:47 pm

I say strap a bomb to them, parachute them into Mosul, and remote detonate the fucker. Win/win. ISIS might even respect the move and stand down. Win/win/win.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 11/03/15, 04:47 pm

tTito wrote:

No. Look all I'm saying is that we should be 110% sure that someone committed the crime, and how many innocent lives are worth it to satisfy the public blood lust?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 11/03/15, 04:52 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 502811600

exactly, I bet the hate wires in the minds of conservatives would be permanently damaged if the one Muslim in Utah murdered someone on behalf of the government yelling "Allah Akbhar"!!  

So what should we do with these POS?  Lock them away from society for 50+ years at $40K/year to the taxpayer?  Who the hell is that benefiting?

It actually costs less to put somebody in jail for life than it does to execute them, but this thread is not about whether we should or shouldn't have capital punishment (which is absolutely a Swill Bin topic). It's about the "method of the madness", so to speak (which is not necessarily a Swill Bin topic).

Last edited by Heat Miser on 11/03/15, 04:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 11/03/15, 04:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yes, as someone who values life - all life - that's what I'm saying. I'm cool with disagreeing.. at least we don't get banned here for disagreeing with people.

oh - and if we invested money in people on the front end of life, I suspect we'd be less likely to need to invest money on them in correctional facilities.

but that's for another thread, I guess.

Bob is spot on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/03/15, 05:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I love how outraged you are over cold blooded killers getting their just desserts. you keep defending them, I'll be happy to shoot them.
I always saw a certain logic to the way the Chinese do it. Bullet to the back of the criminal's head, and a bill for the bullet to his family. Not for anyone, but these remorseless twisted fucks like Timothy McVeigh, or that Washington DC sniper that are nailed dead to rights.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 11/03/15, 07:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't see anything wrong with government-sponsored killing.. I mean, China, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran all do it.. and I know how much we admire those countries.

also, I think it would make jesus really happy. sign me up in full support of it - if it's good enough for ISIS, it's good enough for Utah.

I totally agree with this, and my redneck inlaws want to add pedophilia as a capital offense, I totally agree with that. In fact we should start selling space to advertisers on the wall behind the condemned as a manner of defraying the cost of bullets.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/03/15, 11:51 pm

God bless America and the death penalty and if there are casualties on the way to nirvana so be it, we can still rejoice with light hearts 95.9% of the time.  

Jesus loves you.  Praise God and pass the ammunition.

4.1% of death row inmates are actually innocent.  But as long as we get to kill people, who the fuck cares!!  yeeeeehawwwwwww
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 11/03/15, 11:53 pm

Man... just think... if it weren't for the barbaric, anti-humane drug war.... we wouldn't even need capital punishment.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 12/03/15, 01:03 am

I love how the death penalty is selectively enforced. A black man who kills a white man is about 5 times more likely to get the death penalty than a white man who kills a black man. I'm sure Jesus would approve.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 12/03/15, 01:22 am

Cym Jim wrote:I love how the death penalty is selectively enforced. A black man who kills a white man is about 5 times more likely to get the death penalty than a white man who kills a black man. I'm sure Jesus would approve.

Would? Does. Jesus does approve.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 12/03/15, 01:49 am

Cameron wrote:

Would? Does. Jesus does approve.
Point taken. Hallelujah!
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/03/15, 02:19 am

Cym Jim wrote:I love how the death penalty is selectively enforced. A black man who kills a white man is about 5 times more likely to get the death penalty than a white man who kills a black man. I'm sure Jesus would approve.

Not doubting you (have heard the number before), but source?

One reason being that I recall reading a number that black men kill 10x more white men than whites that kill blacks. That's before even adjusting for the fact that blacks only make up about 12% of the total US population, compared to whites that make up 63%.

That may have some affect on the capital punishment numbers... which is why I'd like to see them cause I'm curious about how it's arrived at, myself.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 12/03/15, 06:18 am

Send these squads to Ferguson.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 12/03/15, 07:05 am

Don't feed the trolls....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/03/15, 07:11 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Bob is spot on.
I usually am.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/03/15, 07:13 am

DWags wrote:God bless America and the death penalty and if there are casualties on the way to nirvana so be it, we can still rejoice with light hearts 95.9% of the time.  

Jesus loves you.  Praise God and pass the ammunition.

4.1% of death row inmates are actually innocent.  But as long as we get to kill people, who the fuck cares!!  yeeeeehawwwwwww
meh.. even if they didn't do whatever the government killed them for, they probably did something that deserved government-sponsored murder at some point in their trashy life... you know how those people can be..

oh, and, praise jesus.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 12/03/15, 07:26 am

Are Utah officials going to require titanium bullets? All this talk about firing squads but no concern about lead poisoning.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/15, 07:26 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. even if they didn't do whatever the government killed them for, they probably did something that deserved government-sponsored murder at some point in their trashy life... you know how those people can be..

oh, and, praise jesus.

If you don't want to spend a bullet on the thugs then how about if you make room for them in your neighborhood?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/03/15, 07:28 am

LooseGoose wrote:

If you don't want to spend a bullet on the thugs then how about if you make room for them in your neighborhood?
I think there is a house on the market about 4 doors down.. it's a pretty nice place so it will probably go pretty quick, though. Something to keep in mind.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/03/15, 08:15 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. even if they didn't do whatever the government killed them for, they probably did something that deserved government-sponsored murder at some point in their trashy life... you know how those people can be..

oh, and, praise jesus.

I wonder if someday the lord Jesus Christ would see fit to have a man and legislature elected that perhaps would pass laws that put to death those people with illnesses too? Like maybe if they have the gay.  

Praise God.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/15, 08:24 am

DWags wrote:

I wonder if someday the lord Jesus Christ would see fit to have a man and legislature elected that perhaps would pass laws that put to death those people with illnesses too? Like maybe if they have the gay.  

Praise God.

You mean like the Abortions done on Down's kids?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 12/03/15, 08:33 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Game on!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/03/15, 08:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:

We should put to death those doctors. Or any woman who takes the pill!

This is what I like. We gonna have some killin up in here now!!!!

Pill taken killer's of sperms and eggs. Kill kill kill!

Praise God!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/03/15, 08:53 am

DWags wrote:

Praise God.
Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 502811600

it would be really interesting if, for once, his followers could see how incredibly hypocritical they are. And, yeah, I know they aren't all like that (there are a couple of Sister Helen Prejean's out there).. but certainly a lot in this thread seem to be..

oh well - at least they (his followers) provide me with a source of entertainment.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 12/03/15, 10:29 am

I honestly believe I would align myself more with conservatives if it wasn't for you guys' antiquated social viewpoints.

As it is, I'll keep voting for my independent, never gonna get elected, candidates.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/03/15, 10:34 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I honestly believe I would align myself more with conservatives if it wasn't for you guys' antiquated social viewpoints.

As it is, I'll keep voting for my independent, never gonna get elected, candidates.

Seriously.

I'm sure that the other side can say the same thing about liberals. WE've just become so dominated by the radicals in both parties. Even their leaders can't control them in congress.

At the end of the day, Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan had drinks together. We've just lost that in this country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/03/15, 10:38 am

DWags wrote:

Seriously.

I'm sure that the other side can say the same thing about liberals. WE've just become so dominated by the radicals in both parties. Even their leaders can't control them in congress.

At the end of the day, Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan had drinks together. We've just lost that in this country.
I blame the 24 hour news cycle.. in the Tip/Reagan days you mentioned, if you wanted to know what was going on in your city/country/world, you had to watch the local news at 6:00 and the national news at 6:30.. that was it.

now, "news" is defined by people representing predetermined ideologies spending 8-11 minutes screaming over each other only to have, guess what.. more screaming over each other after the commercial..

and it's on.. for 24 hours.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/03/15, 10:53 am

DWags wrote:

Seriously.

and, also, Reagan would be considered a socialist communist community organizer Muslim sympathizer who hates America today by the republican party because he raised taxes 11 times during his reign..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/03/15, 01:04 pm

DWags wrote: WE've just become so dominated by the radicals in both parties. Even their leaders can't control them in congress.

That's cute, dwags.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 12/03/15, 01:09 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Not doubting you (have heard the number before), but source?

One reason being that I recall reading a number that black men kill 10x more white men than whites that kill blacks. That's before even adjusting for the fact that blacks only make up about 12% of the total US population, compared to whites that make up 63%.

That may have some affect on the capital punishment numbers... which is why I'd like to see them cause I'm curious about how it's arrived at, myself.

except, that wasn't his point.

reading is fundamental.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/03/15, 01:38 pm

Toe wrote:

except, that wasn't his point.

reading is fundamental.

I didn't say any of that was his point. It was my point.

Comprehension is fundamental.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 12/03/15, 03:52 pm

xsanguine wrote:

I didn't say any of that was his point. It was my point.

Comprehension is fundamental.

holy fuck Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 502811600

sorry, just my typical response when I hear something stupid.

continue.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 12/03/15, 04:09 pm

DWags wrote:

Seriously.

On the contrary, conservatives are marginalized. We have the far left in oval office with full support of democrats. The GOP is controlled by progessive republicans.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 12/03/15, 06:12 pm

You people just couldn't help yourselves could you? Just had to go all political & Swill Bin the thing. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 1486952199

You're as bad as those you criticize.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 13/03/15, 07:51 am

Heat Miser wrote:You people just couldn't help yourselves could you? Just had to go all political & Swill Bin the thing. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution - Page 2 1486952199

You're as bad as those you criticize.
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next