Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile is looking Great!

3 posters

Go down

Mobile is looking Great! Empty Mobile is looking Great!

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-17, 10:42

Thanks Heat Miser!

sucks that we can't quote
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mobile is looking Great! Empty Re: Mobile is looking Great!

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-04-17, 12:57

SeeRockCity wrote:Thanks Heat Miser!

A request, if it can be done (not sure how much you guys do or do not have control over)....On the Mobile version, I clicked on "classic version" to see if I liked that better. But I can't change it back to mobile. Have cleared history and cache, etc. I'd prefer not to clear cookies. Is there a button to switch from desktop to mobile version? Or is it somewhere already and I don't see it? It would be cool to switch back and forth, as the desktop version is better for seeing pictures, and if I really need to quote someone, but the mobile is more mobile friendly, obviously.

Another odd little thing on mobile, on one of the browsers I use (Opera Mini) the colors of the board show up as blue instead of green. Opera Mini is a light weight browser that is low on some features, but very fast for basic browsing. While it doesn't handle complicated sites with a lot of animation well, I've never seen it just render colors differently. Not a big deal, just thought I'd throw it out there.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-17, 13:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Thanks Heat Miser!

A request, if it can be done (not sure how much you guys do or do not have control over)....On the Mobile version, I clicked on "classic version" to see if I liked that better.  But I can't change it back to mobile.  Have cleared history and cache, etc.  I'd prefer not to clear cookies.  Is there a button to switch from desktop to mobile version?  Or is it somewhere already and I don't see it?  It would be cool to switch back and forth, as the desktop version is better for seeing pictures, and if I really need to quote someone, but the mobile is more mobile friendly, obviously.

Another odd little thing on mobile, on one of the browsers I use (Opera Mini) the colors of the board show up as blue instead of green.  Opera Mini is a light weight browser that is low on some features, but very fast for basic browsing.  While it doesn't handle complicated sites with a lot of animation well, I've never seen it just render colors differently.  Not a big deal, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Scroll down to the very lower right and there is a link to go back to mobile version.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-17, 13:03

on #1, it took me a while to find it as well. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see a link to "Mobile Version". That should take you back.

On #2, it's probably some kind of CSS issue. Probably not worth the effort at this point to troubleshoot or fix, but thanks for pointing it out.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-17, 13:09

Try Opera mobile now please. Should be green.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-04-17, 14:04

Heat Miser wrote:Try Opera mobile now please. Should be green.
Nope, still Blue. But it's Opera Mini, not Opera Mobile. I think Opera Mini works a little different than most browsers, as the pages are rendered on external servers before sending to the phone. Here's how wikipedia describes it:

<<Opera Mini requests web pages through Opera Software's servers, which process and compress them before sending them to the mobile phone, speeding up transfer by two to three times and dramatically reducing the amount of data transferred, chargeable on many mobile phone data plans. The pre-processing increases compatibility with web pages not designed for mobile phones.>>

I don't want to ask you to spend any amount of time trying to figure this out, though.

Thanks for the tip on switching to and from the desktop version. FWIW, the desktop/classic version does show up in green on Opera Mini, it's just the mobile version that is blue.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-17, 14:39

Mobile test 2

Mobile is looking Great! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4HXcWvVwAxF-BLGXpq0kQvlGVP4kFFQpWAJW5DjWtVaicz0QxrKior7RiCl3eCUX7za260XEVcQ
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-17, 21:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Try Opera mobile now please. Should be green.

Nope, still Blue.  But it's Opera Mini, not Opera Mobile.  I think Opera Mini works a little different than most browsers, as the pages are rendered on external servers before sending to the phone.  Here's how wikipedia describes it:

How about now?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down