Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday

+18
Robert J Sakimano
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Izzo Court
Rocinante
Cym Jim
WhiteBoyHatcher
AMwood
Nommad2
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
Bizarro Fletch
Marc Summers
I.B. Fine
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  Empty highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-25, 13:12

Judgement is expected Thursday or Friday.

What do you think? I find it funny the prosecution never established motive and had different theories at each trial as to why Knox killer her roommate. Maybe she did do it but there just isn't a strong case to be made against her.

http://news.yahoo.com/knoxs-ex-boyfriend-hand-italys-high-court-hears-085207807.html
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  Empty Re: highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-25, 13:19

I had no idea this case was still going on. I don't pay attention to these tabloid court cases.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  Empty Re: highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-25, 13:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I had no idea this case was still going on. I don't pay attention to these tabloid court cases.
This shit the Italians pull in their court system is epic.  If at first they don't convict, try, try again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-25, 13:26

Isn't she in the States with no plans to ever go back to Italy? Does this ruling even matter?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-03-25, 13:35

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Isn't she in the States with no plans to ever go back to Italy? Does this ruling even matter?
Only if she ever tries to eat at Carrabba's
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-25, 13:37

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Isn't she in the States with no plans to ever go back to Italy? Does this ruling even matter?
 I guess it's going to come down to how John Kerry handles the inevitable extradition request.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-25, 13:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:
 I guess it's going to come down to how John Kerry handles the inevitable extradition request.

Exactly. It does matter it that sense. If the original conviction stands, Italy could ask for extradition (since the US has an extradition treaty with Italy). Is the US going to refuse to honor that treaty over this case?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-25, 13:45

Turtleneck wrote:

Exactly. It does matter it that sense. If the original conviction stands, Italy could ask for extradition (since the US has an extradition treaty with Italy). Is the US going to refuse to honor that treaty over this case?

Possibly. Even though we have a treaty, if we deem that country ran a circus trial which is exactly what they did we can refuse.

The Italians already have some dirtbag from Africa locked up for 16 years for the murder. However, the prosecution gave him a lesser charge and a plea so the case could remain open for them to go after Knox as an accomplice.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-25, 13:54

Why would anyone want to visit that dogs hit overrated country filled with gypsies anyways?
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-25, 13:55

For what its worth I think she is guilty. But like all of those wrongfully acquitted, she'll eventually do something else and end up where she belongs.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-25, 13:58

Yes. This ruling is meaningless. The Italian courts are completely corrupt, and I suspect they will 'convict' her solely for PR reasons knowing she won't ever come back and they won't bother trying to force her to.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-25, 14:15

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Yes. This ruling is meaningless. The Italian courts are completely corrupt, and I suspect they will 'convict' her solely for PR reasons knowing she won't ever come back and they won't bother trying to force her to.

Would it be meaningless if the US complied with an extradition request?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-25, 14:48

Marc Summers wrote:Why would anyone want to visit that dogs hit overrated country filled with gypsies anyways?
You've been hating on gypsies a lot lately. That's kind of a weird thing, right?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-25, 15:08

Turtleneck wrote:

Would it be meaningless if the US complied with an extradition request?

Not even sure Italy will follow through and try to get her extradited.

Take a few minutes and read up on the case. Complete shitshow ran by the Italians. You'd think it was some ass backwards country Knox was being tried in...not a first world Euro country.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-25, 15:14

The_Dude wrote:

Take a few minutes and read up on the case.  Complete shitshow ran by the Italians.  You'd think it was some ass backwards country Knox was being tried in...not a first world Euro country.
I know, right???? It's like they don't even give a shit about the fourth amendment!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-25, 15:19

The_Dude wrote:

Take a few minutes and read up on the case. Complete shitshow ran by the Italians. You'd think it was some ass backwards country Knox was being tried in...not a first world Euro country.

We got an Italian legal scholar over here...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2015-03-25, 16:04

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

This is the most likely scenario. We do have an extradition treaty with Italy that would require the US to hand her over if Italy demanded it. However, Italy did this same thing with some CIA agents a while back (convicted while out of the country), but never went through with extradition hearings.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-25, 16:36

Nommad2 wrote:

This is the most likely scenario. We do have an extradition treaty with Italy that would require the US to hand her over if Italy demanded it. However, Italy did this same thing with some CIA agents a while back (convicted while out of the country), but never went through with extradition hearings.

There is also a double jeopardy clause in the treaty that the US would likely fall back on (this is her THIRD trial for the same charges). Not to mention she was tried this third time without even participating in the trial.

I suspect it will all be worked out behind the scenes by diplomats. Italy might make the request to save face, but with a wink and a nod to the US to fall back on the treaty clause. I would be shocked if she ever sets foot in Italy again, much less an Italian prison.

Much more troubling is just how horrible her current hair cut is. When she was hot I was sure she was innocent, but now I'm not so sure...

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  ABC_amanda_knox_jef_140131_16x9_992
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-03-25, 16:40

would bang.

i mean, like trim them.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-25, 17:00

Those fucking Italian Liberals are gonna lib this thing to the libbest.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-25, 17:19

Hang her.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-25, 17:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Those fucking Italian Liberals are gonna lib this thing to the libbest.

Winner.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2015-03-25, 18:23

There is guy named  Rudy Guede who committed multiple break ins in the area of the murder and who previously threatened people with a knife during several break ins.  They found a mountain of forensic evidence linking him to the crime including his palm prints, stained with Kercher's blood that had been found on the pillow of the bed under her body.  Guede said he had left Kercher fully dressed.  He was found guilty in October 2008 of murder and sexual assault, and sentenced to 30 years' imprisonment.  He received a reduced sentence for testifying against Knox and her boyfriend and ended up having his 30 year sentence cut to 16 years.  

Guede had originally said Knox had not been at the scene of the crime, but changed his story to say she had been in the apartment at the time of the murder. He said he had heard her arguing with Kercher, then glancing out of a window had seen Knox's silhouette leave the house.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-25, 19:32

Marc Summers wrote:Why would anyone want to visit that dogs hit overrated country filled with gypsies anyways?

I hear they have good coffee.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-27, 18:11

The charade ends.

Italy's highest court overturns Amanda Knox murder conviction, closing legal saga
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-08, 13:08

Trailer released today. Coming later this month I think. 

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-08, 13:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:Trailer released today. Coming later this month I think. 

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-08, 13:29

I vote psychopath in sheep's clothing.

Murdering wench.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-08, 13:32

Why do the only murders that we care about that happens outside of the US involve hot chicks?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-08, 13:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why do the only murders that we care about that happens outside of the US involve hot chicks?

That's rhetorical, right?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-08, 13:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why do the only murders that we care about that happens outside of the US involve hot chicks?

That's rhetorical, right?

Yes, very much so.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-08, 14:04

a serious display of stamina.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-08, 14:12

She's got some crazy-ass eyes. She definitely looks the part of psychopath.
Her Harry Potter cosplaying boyfriend cracks me up, too.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-08, 14:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

a serious display of stamina.

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-08, 14:39

I know Trevor will be watching. He's never been shy about mentioning his... interest in her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-08, 14:40

tGreenWay wrote:I know Trevor will be watching. He's never been shy about mentioning his... interest in her.

Between her and Mischa Barton, he really knows how to pick them.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-08, 15:12

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I know Trevor will be watching. He's never been shy about mentioning his... interest in her.

Between her and Mischa Barton, he really knows how to pick them.

So good... my lord what a tone deaf turd.

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  360BA20A00000578-0-image-a-28_1467915521588

That said, homegirl hit a pretty high high-note.

highest court of Italy to rule on Amanda Knox anyday  Mischa%20Barton
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-11, 14:57

Anyone see the Knox documentary on Netflix?

What a complete shitshow from the Italian police and detectives. Ruined two innocent people's lives over media pressure and arrogance. The lead detective actually thought Knox was having a sex orgy, her roommate came home, and just for fun she had two men killer her. His reasoning was because she lied and there was a blanket over the body. No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-10-11, 19:05

The_Dude wrote:Anyone see the Knox documentary on Netflix?

What a complete shitshow from the Italian police and detectives. Ruined two innocent people's lives over media pressure and arrogance. The lead detective actually thought Knox was having a sex orgy, her roommate came home, and just for fun she had two men killer her. His reasoning was because she lied and there was a blanket over the body. No

Uhmericuh, fu, and I'm going to take it out on this 20 something girl to teach them all a lesson.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-24, 16:01

Europe court orders Italy to pay damages to Amanda Knox

Awarded 18,400 euros for that circus.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next