Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims

+3
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Green Note
7 posters

Go down

Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims Empty Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims

Post by Green Note 2015-04-04, 18:41

http://nypost.com/2015/04/04/translated-version-of-iran-deal-doesnt-say-what-obama-claims-it-does/

excerpt:

But the first thing to know about the highly hyped “historic achievement” that President Obama is trying to sell is that there has been no agreement on any of the fundamental issues that led to international concern about Iran’s secret nuclear activities and led to six mandatory resolutions by the United Nations Security Council and 13 years of diplomatic seesaw.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims Empty Re: Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-04-05, 09:40

Lot of posting from an alleged father of two special needs children.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims Empty Re: Iran’s Persian statement on ‘deal’ contradicts Obama’s claims

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-08, 21:23

GRR Spartan wrote:Lot of posting from an alleged father of two special needs children.

Stick to Wells and the freaks over there. Every post of yours is a personal attack you miserable sob.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-09, 09:49

I'm outraged.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-03, 12:54

Charlie Spiering ‏@charliespiering 13m13 minutes ago
Would the US prisoners have been released if the #PalletOfCash hadn’t made it to Iran? asks @MKosinskiCNN. Josh Earnest won’t say

U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed Obama administration insists there was no quid pro quo, but critics charge payment amounted to ransom

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward.

Wooden pallets stacked with euros, Swiss francs and other currencies were flown into Iran on an unmarked cargo plane, according to these officials. The U.S. procured the money from the central banks of the Netherlands and Switzerland, they said.

Iranian press reports have quoted senior Iranian defense officials describing the cash as a ransom payment. The Iranian foreign ministry didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The $400 million was paid in foreign currency because any transaction with Iran in U.S. dollars is illegal under U.S. law.
Sanctions also complicate Tehran’s access to global banks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 12:58

in Obama's defense, he's been too distracted by instituting Sharia Law in America while confiscating our guns and bibles.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-03, 13:14

Iran claimed over $100B of funds that were frozen in the embargo. Obama approved a negotiated amount $400M return of what was Iranian money the US held.

Reagan had Bill Casey negotiating with Iran prior to being sworn in and I guess Iran Contra is now a distant memory.

Why multiple currencies? The Iranians are well aware of the millions of the North Korean counterfeit $100's the US military recovered in Iraq. What would stop the US making payment using those bills?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-03, 14:18

Water is wet..

Obama and Hilary are both pathological liars, not even debatable at this point.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-03, 15:33

LooseGoose wrote:Charlie Spiering ‏@charliespiering 13m13 minutes ago
Would the US prisoners have been released if the #PalletOfCash hadn’t made it to Iran? asks @MKosinskiCNN. Josh Earnest won’t say

U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed Obama administration insists there was no quid pro quo, but critics charge payment amounted to ransom

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward.

Wooden pallets stacked with euros, Swiss francs and other currencies were flown into Iran on an unmarked cargo plane, according to these officials. The U.S. procured the money from the central banks of the Netherlands and Switzerland, they said.

Iranian press reports have quoted senior Iranian defense officials describing the cash as a ransom payment. The Iranian foreign ministry didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The $400 million was paid in foreign currency because any transaction with Iran in U.S. dollars is illegal under U.S. law.
Sanctions also complicate Tehran’s access to global banks.

I bet you were really up in arms when the Reagan administration violated multiple federal laws in the Iran-Contra affair. Wait, those were Republicans, so I bet you have a slew of links lined up from Newsbusters or Breitbart to defend and deflect the Reagan administration.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-03, 16:26

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Charlie Spiering ‏@charliespiering  13m13 minutes ago

I bet you were really up in arms when the Reagan administration violated multiple federal laws in the Iran-Contra affair. Wait, those were Republicans, so I bet you have a slew of links lined up from Newsbusters or Breitbart to defend and deflect the Reagan administration.

lol, you're out of your mind.  So now I'm to be judged in 2016 on how much I criticized Reagan back in 1986?   OK. Did you Criticize Kennedy and Johnson back in '65 for burying us in Viet Nam?

That's a hell of a deflection from the fact that we have an administration purposely circumventing the law here, but I guess that's ok with all of you non partisan lefties.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-03, 16:38

GRR Spartan wrote:Iran claimed over $100B of funds that were frozen in the embargo. Obama approved a negotiated amount $400M return of what was Iranian money the US held.

Reagan had Bill Casey negotiating with Iran prior to being sworn in and I guess Iran Contra is now a distant memory.

Why multiple currencies? The Iranians are well aware of the millions of the North Korean counterfeit $100's the US military recovered in Iraq. What would stop the US making payment using those bills?

So because we supposedly got a "bargain" it's ok with you that they broke the law to do so?

And people wonder why this country is going to hell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-03, 17:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

lol, you're out of your mind.  So now I'm to be judged in 2016 on how much I criticized Reagan back in 1986?   OK. Did you Criticize Kennedy and Johnson back in '65 for burying us in Viet Nam?

That's a hell of a deflection from the fact that we have an administration purposely circumventing the law here, but I guess that's ok with all of you non partisan lefties.

No. Mostly because I did not exist in '65.

I think you missed the point. You are going to criticize this administration for circumventing the law in their dealings with Iran, but don't seem to have a problem with the Reagan administration doing the same thing. I guess that's OK with all of you non-partisan righties.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-03, 18:30

I don't see this country "going to hell" when there is quid pro quo to get American's back and the US is settling a long standing issue like releasing another counties funds.

I will never object to giving a country some of its money back in exchange for getting our citizens back.

This country has covertly supplied weapons and people in its own interests since its founding.

Because Obama used the same playbook of covert operations as multiple administrations over since the 1800's when he covertly returned Iran's money to Iran and get 5 Americans out doesn't equate to the country going to hell. At least not in my book.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-03, 23:25

GRR Spartan wrote:I don't see this country "going to hell" when there is quid pro quo to get American's back and the US is settling a long standing issue like releasing another counties funds.

I will never object to giving a country some of its money back in exchange for getting our citizens back.  

This country has covertly supplied weapons and people in its own interests since its founding.

Because Obama used the same playbook of covert operations as multiple administrations over since the 1800's when he covertly returned Iran's money to Iran and get 5 Americans out doesn't equate to the country going to hell.  At least not in my book.

The country's going to hell because time and time again democrats violate the law and spit on the constitution with no consequences.

The left accuses the other side of what they do. Whenever a democrat accuses someone of something it's because they do it themselves. Obama is such s lisr it's to the point whatever he says just assume the opposite.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-03, 23:30

The_Dude wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I don't see this country "going to hell" when there is quid pro quo to get American's back and the US is settling a long standing issue like releasing another counties funds.

Because Obama used the same playbook of covert operations as multiple administrations over since the 1800's when he covertly returned Iran's money to Iran and get 5 Americans out doesn't equate to the country going to hell.  At least not in my book.

The country's going to hell because time and time again democrats violate the law and spit on the constitution with no consequences.

The left accuses the other side of what they do. Whenever a democrat accuses someone of something it's because they do it themselves. Obama is such s lisr it's to the point whatever he says just assume the opposite.

You seem to get dumber every day. YAFI.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-03, 23:43

Its a shame even one poster thinks they can't say Democrats or even progressive and your "The left" or leftists acting like identifying folks as such makes them somehow less than Americans.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-04, 02:04

The_Dude wrote:

YAFI
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-04, 12:55

The_Dude wrote:

You're a Trump supporter. If the Constitution was even remotely important to you, you would not be voting for Trump.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-04, 19:01

I didn't realize this payment was announced in January.  
The US had held $400M that was in US banks to pay for military jets the Shah's was purchasing the time of the Iranian revolution Nov '79.  
The current government in Iran sued to get their money plus interest back in the International court at the Hague.  The suit was settled in January '16.
Iran requested cash.  The US has no banking relationships with Iran.

Its news in August.

No worries, the GOP House is talking about forming an investigative committee.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-13, 12:51

Arthur Herman ‏@ArthurLHerman
Iran set to import 130 tons of uranium: http://apne.ws/2iPPR79
can't wait to see all the peaceful uses they're going to put that to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down